Will Barclay’s Be Like MSG was Tonight | The Boneyard

Will Barclay’s Be Like MSG was Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I will be in Brooklyn but have watched this tournament from home in Florida. Tonight it sounded like we had more fans than St Johns in their secondary home court. Would be great to hear the same Let’s Go UConn chants next weekend. First tournament games with my sons who are 9 and 15 and they have developed the same illness I have when it comes to being a rabid Husky fan. We will be sitting in section 29 in row 4. Never been to Barclays so was kind of flying blind when I got the tickets.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Assuming UConn does get assigned to Barclays, then would assume there should be a decent showing, but probably not like BET @ MSG. Maybe even Kevin Ollie will show up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You will have a blast! Sounds awesome. It will be fun, but the atmosphere will not be the same as BE Tourney. In BK we will be playing some random teams from far, far away. Think teams like Stetson/Nebraska or Montana State/Boise State, and the first one will be on a weekday. Plus most of the people I know are blowing their bankrolls on the BE Tourney and planning for Boston. That's my play.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You will have a blast! Sounds awesome. It will be fun, but the atmosphere will not be the same as BE Tourney. In BK we will be playing some random teams from far, far away. Think teams like Stetson/Nebraska or Montana State/Boise State, and the first one will be on a weekday. Plus most of the people I know are blowing their bankrolls on the BE Tourney and planning for Boston. That's my play.
I might do both the kids are on spring break next week. It will be trickier for Boston. In-laws live in Bristol so they get to see the grandparents. It’s a win/win trip wife is happy kids are excited so looking forward to it. But you’re right about bankroll. Good seats are not cheap.

Reaction Score
How does one get tickets for Boston?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I meant where to get them. Does one get them off of the NCAA tournament site? Or through UConn?
I am not an Alumni all I can say is I took some classes at the West Hartford campus in the early 80’s so I have no connections. I got mine from a broker. It was the first year u could make the commitment make plans before the selection show. The minute I felt they were locked in the East and Brooklyn-Boston. I got the plane tickets and started watching the prices for the Brooklyn sessions. It always a gamble when you buy through a broker like Stub Hub but I was checking multiple sites and locked Brooklyn as soon as the Xavier game was over. For Boston I will wait until Sunday when fans of teams that lost in the first round start selling their tickets. I am not certain about that strategy but right now the prices for Boston are pretty high.

Reaction Score
I meant where to get them. Does one get them off of the NCAA tournament site? Or through UConn?
I bought Brookyn a couple of weeks ago and there were still scattered single tix available for face value on ticketmaster. Boston has been sold out for at least that long and tix are going for 300 plus on the secondary market. The way to buy them from the NCAA has long since passed. You would have had to buy them months ago not knowing who would be playing there. UConn will get an allotment that will be sold to donors based on priority points.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That's not an illness, that's a super power.
And there could have been things flying around the house yesterday. It’s funny because if I had these boys when I was younger there would have been. I should video it I am certain it is funny even now when I am a bit older it’s still not good. I was certain Donovan would pick up 3 quickly and when it happened my oldest looks at me and says that’s your fault for talking about it. He is an athlete and they do a better job with kids coaching them too positivity especially in baseball. So I created negative energy… I am a fringe boomer since they have moved that year of birth a few times, I think it has caught up. So he may have a point. I hope none of the games in Brooklyn are close.

Reaction Score
I will be in Brooklyn but have watched this tournament from home in Florida. Tonight it sounded like we had more fans than St Johns in their secondary home court. Would be great to hear the same Let’s Go UConn chants next weekend. First tournament games with my sons who are 9 and 15 and they have developed the same illness I have when it comes to being a rabid Husky fan. We will be sitting in section 29 in row 4. Never been to Barclays so was kind of flying blind when I got the tickets.

I bought a couple tix for the 2nd Round... But I don't expect Barclays to be like the BET at all. The crowd won't be the same, the feel won't be the same, the arena is just average IMO, Downtown BK for all its growth still has long ways to go in terms of pre-game and post-game vibes.

But then again... We'll make the best out of it, as long as UCONN wins that's all that matters!

Reaction Score
I bought Brookyn a couple of weeks ago and there were still scattered single tix available for face value on ticketmaster. Boston has been sold out for at least that long and tix are going for 300 plus on the secondary market. The way to buy them from the NCAA has long since passed. You would have had to buy them months ago not knowing who would be playing there. UConn will get an allotment that will be sold to donors based on priority points.
UConn changed the post season ticket sale policy sometime in the early 90's in order to stimulate big donations.

Prior to that all season tickets and post season tickets were offered for sale in the order of the donors' total point balances. That included both the BE tournament and the NCAA.

With the new policy, total points were still the key determinent used to rank donors for the purchase of season tickets BUT post season tickets were offered first by donor class and then by points within the respective classes.

For example, if you have 2,000 points today you'll probably be in the top 500 or so of the over 38,000 donors and have great season ticket choices.

But, if you aren't in the top donor group someone could come in with a first time donation of $10,000 or $25,000 and, with far fewer total points, be ahead of many donors with many more points for post season tickets.

I told Ben Kirtland (before he and Lew Perkins went to Kansas and implemented a new sales scheme there) when they announced the change that since loyalty is being cast aside some donors may decide to do a larger donation when the rosters look good for the next season and cut back when they're looking weaker. He disagreed.

I did it one year and learned there must be no one looking at donor histories. At least it appeared that way since I was not contacted to ask why, after many years of significant donations, I suddenly cut way back. Maybe that's why our endowment is so pitifully small for a large state university. Donor relations must not be a priority.

Reaction Score
I've got tickets too for Friday.

My only trip to Barclays was for the game when UConn played Maryland there. My group sat in the cheap seats, just beware that while MSG doesn't have any bad seats, Barclays top section is pretty steep. With that said, I'll be sitting on the fourth row of the high level of the baseline, but I'll be hunting for closer seats as I was able to get just a few rows from the floor last year in Albany (bought last row seats).

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I've got tickets too for Friday.

My only trip to Barclays was for the game when UConn played Maryland there. My group sat in the cheap seats, just beware that while MSG doesn't have any bad seats, Barclays top section is pretty steep. With that said, I'll be sitting on the fourth row of the high level of the baseline, but I'll be hunting for closer seats as I was able to get just a few rows from the floor last year in Albany (bought last row seats).
That was my thought. 29 is in the corner across from the bench. But since we are in the lower bowl row 4 we should be able to work ourselves closer to mid court. If it works like BE bracket we would play first game on Friday and that is noon. I could see there being some good open seats in the first half.

Reaction Score
That was my thought. 29 is in the corner across from the bench. But since we are in the lower bowl row 4 we should be able to work ourselves closer to mid court. If it works like BE bracket we would play first game on Friday and that is noon. I could see there being some good open seats in the first half.
It doesn’t work like the BET (or other tournaments) where the #1 seed plays the early game.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It doesn’t work like the BET (or other tournaments) where the #1 seed plays the early game.
Oh well, I went and looked at last year and the one seeds where scattered around as far as start time. Interesting thing and I am going to double check but three 1 seeds played on Thursday. Only one Purdue played on Friday. It looks like Kansas, Alabama and Houston all played on Thursday.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It might have been @Storrs South or @tcf15 on twitter (or someone else) that said the games in Albany last year were insane. I'd hope that a shorter distance for the first weekend will bring the mob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom