Why the Yard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why the Yard

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is that after nearly 30 years, I still haven't found a better source for UConn basketball info than The Boneyard.

Add in some laughs, villans, mattresses, ahbeetz and an occasional throat punch...what could be better?
On the old Hartford current board, I in Connecticut basketball, particularly recruits and visits etc. his answer was "The Boneyard". I gave it a look and have been hooked ever since.

It is a great source of info, to be sure, but it's also pretty frequently hysterical. Tough to find a better combo than that.

Reaction Score
Many times over the years when life has been a struggle or I’m angry and upset- I found myself here on this board. With all its eccentricities it’s still mostly a peaceful place where UCONN fans can forget about everything else for a while.
I have always been very grateful for the Boneyard and many times wished I lived in CT so I could meet some of the people here and buy Fishy a drink and say thank you.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is an odd combination of the best UConn basketball information and the worst imaginable takes on the Huskies.
In conclusion the boneyard is a land of contrasts

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
On the old Hartford current board, I in Connecticut basketball, particularly recruits and visits etc. his answer was "The Boneyard". I gave it a look and have been hooked ever since.

It is a great source of info, to be sure, but it's also pretty frequently hysterical. Tough to find a better combo than that.
I just posted a comment in another thread that would have fit better in this thread. Wish I knew how to move posts where they belong. This can be a tough place but if you love UConn men’s basketball it is the only place to be if you really want to know what is going on with our team.

Reaction Score
Here’s a good Boneyard story. Jake Voskuhl’s uncle Jim used to post here under the name Bucky. Great guy. Great sense of humor. I got to know him off the board a little and he ended up battling and losing to lung cancer. He was a big smoker.

After he died, I got a box sent to me with a ball signed by Jake and a note from Bucky thanking me for checking in on him and making him laugh and feel “normal” when he was going through all his medical issues.

I always felt that was the type of other layer that the Boneyard had that made it special and different than other spots. I was hoping to somehow get near Jake last night to tell him about the ball but I couldn’t.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I just posted a comment in another thread that would have fit better in this thread. Wish I knew how to move posts where they belong. This can be a tough place but if you love UConn men’s basketball it is the only place to be if you really want to know what is going on with our team.
This.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think I would just copy and repost. If you're still within the first 15 minutes of the original original post you could then just delete it.

Reaction Score
Oh Boneyard, yea of armchair thoughts and fingers reaching across the internet. We, of weak legs from many leaps, most of faith with some reward are grateful for the sharing with the faithful. When, we pass through the big door, that has two exits, we hope for a continued connection. Thanks, from the couch.

Reaction Score
How can it be "old" and "current" at the same time? :)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Time is relative to the viewer's perspective, or so said Einstein.
If courant where a word and not a name then courant and current would be examples of homophones. The things you can learn about the English language is another added value to BY participation. Also check off how to write a haiku.:):)

Reaction Score
Been here since Prodigy. If you can remember that. Mostly lurking but always reading the best info for all things UConn sports.

Reaction Score
I am 68 years old and love my wife dearly. We met when we were 12 and are pretty much inseparable, except on game days when she says I turn into someone she doesn’t want to know. She asks me what # I am. She is jealous of so many of you guys whom I have never met. We all can be jerks but we all have something in common. We bleed national flag blue. Thanks being who you are. The road to 6 continues!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
JaCkSoN? Aussie Cuz?

Not sure why Cuz doesn't post here but a number of us are still in contact with him.

As for jAcKsOn, all I can say is tHe CanDLe ThAT bURns TwICe aS bRIgHt BURns hALf aS LonG

Reaction Score
I rarely post but the yard has been a consistent part of my day since becoming a UConn fan 35ish years ago. I admit I stopped coming for a year or two during the AAC era but other than that it’s been a pleasure. Can’t begin to say how much joy UConn college basketball has brought to my life and the yard has always been a part of that.
I love being a semi stuck up proud UConn fan!!

Reaction Score
I am 68 years old and love my wife dearly. We met when we were 12 and are pretty much inseparable, except on game days when she says I turn into someone she doesn’t want to know. She asks me what # I am. She is jealous of so many of you guys whom I have never met. We all can be jerks but we all have something in common. We bleed national flag blue. Thanks being who you are. The road to 6 continues!

Many here can be jerks that we have learned, but they still love the Huskies!

Thank God I’m not one of the many :oops::eek:

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I go way back. Was on a mail list for UConn chat. From there found my way to some early iteration of the Boneyard. Seen some real characters come and go. Seen some who were around before me and are still here. There's no better way to keep track of the team and the chatter.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I like to think of the ‘yard as the internet’s America:

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
"...a bunch of Miller High Life swilling..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom