Why do we insist on opening Thursday night? | The Boneyard

Why do we insist on opening Thursday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Something I'm not getting is why we don't start our season on Friday night or Saturday like so many programs we see playing today. Their are no High School games being played yet on Friday night. Connecticut schools are open so any families with kids have to contend with getting them up for school on Friday. The UConn students just got on campus and aren't going home for Labor Day for the most part. My daughter works near campus and the place was jammed with students last night. Many fans had to get to work on Friday. There is no upside to playing Thursday night and our boneheaded athletic department does it year after year. The acres of empty seats said it all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because when we opened on Saturday people didn't like it.

Reaction Score
Friday makes the most sense to me. Saturday in the heat is not the best option. We open with BYU next year and it should not be on Thursday night.

Reaction Score
Friday night is a great time for college football. Case in point: Manhattan, KS last night.

Reaction Score
Is this something UConn even controls anymore? I thought the media contracts control most of this nowadays.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We've had good Thursday openers before. This was all about the state of the program. The Michigan game is adding to ticket sale totals, but it's just papering over the damage this crew has already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom