Why do the refs always choose us to show up on? | The Boneyard

Why do the refs always choose us to show up on?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
im watching a Clemson player wave bye on Renfrow td run. No flag in a chippy game getting out of hand.

Mayala didn’t have enough time to do anything half as bad.

Ron Johnson gets flagged for the “keep feeding me” motion. Now that happens in almost every game and even after first downs.

I’m so tired of crappy officiating.

Reaction Score
im watching a Clemson player wave bye on Renfrow td run. No flag in a chippy game getting out of hand.

Mayala didn’t have enough time to do anything half as bad.

Ron Johnson gets flagged for the “keep feeding me” motion. Now that happens in almost every game and even after first downs.

I’m so tired of crappy officiating.
Look at the replay. Kid messed up and the penalty was not a bad call. He taunted. Hell, his team mates were pulling him away so they knew it too. Kicker should have made the kick.

Reaction Score
It's different when you are hovering over the opponent who is on the ground - horrible optics - you can't compare to the other stuff. That's really the worst kind of taunting - when you're standing up and hovering over an opponent on the ground to talk crap.

I don't want to keep beating on the kid, he's a good player who will hopefully have a really good SR year. But it's so dumb - with no time on the clock and potentially on the verge of a great team moment.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Belichick would have blown a fuse if a Patriot player had taunted like that.

But I'm still not blaming the kid for the loss. The extra point should have been made. We shouldn't have settled for so many field goals. Some bad ref calls.

Today was like the sinking of the Titanic. Several things had to go wrong for us to blow this game. And they all did go wrong.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Look at the replay. Kid messed up and the penalty was not a bad call. He taunted. Hell, his team mates were pulling him away so they knew it too. Kicker should have made the kick.
BS. I saw 2 worse taunting incidents on College Football final. Neither flagged. Neither on potential game-swinging plays.

Clemson vs. South Carolina - Game Summary - November 25, 2017 - ESPN

Loot at Renfrow's long TD - at about :40 in video, watch the blocker (#8?) waving bye to the oncoming SC guys. It was 100x worse live.

Washington State vs. Washington - Game Summary - November 25, 2017 - ESPN

Washington's 1st touchdown. A staredown literally in front of the ref. no call.

It's not like we can't cite 1000000 horrendous calls by our 2nd rate league.

Reaction Score
It might have something to do with the fact that in a course of a 3 + hour game, our team maybe makes 2-3 plays on offense even worthy of a celebration. So when we do, the refs were probably awoken from a slumber.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom