Why do Minnesota and Oregon produce so many great players? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do Minnesota and Oregon produce so many great players?

Reaction Score
I've always thought Minnesota produced a good number of talented high school girls players. Hopkins High School has produced quite a few players in the recent years. If the Univ of Minnesota could keep all that talent in Minneapolis, they could become a powerhouse.

Could you imagine if all those great players from Iowa State instead played for Iowa, Iowa would have a National Championship by now...The midwest produces a lot of great players that may not get a lot of publicity that some get just by being in major cities like LA, NYC, Atlanta, Dallas.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
From the State of Oregon:

Stanford: Katy Steding, Jillian Harmon, Lindsey Yamasaki, Trisha Stevens, Kailee Johnson, Tara Harrington

Tennessee: Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared, Evina Westbrook, Jordan Reynolds

Louisville: Shoni Schimmel

Oregon: Brianne Meharry, Liz Brenner

Colorado: Aronnette Vonleh

Oregon State: Katie McWilliams, Donovyn Hunter (current Freshman PAC-12 Player of the week)
Got a couple more.

Vanderbilt: Ashley Smith (can't find stats for her but I seem to recall she had a nice career as a PG there; was part of the powerhouse Oregon City HS teams; I keep forgetting she's married to Mark Campbell)

Georgia: Kara Braxton (mostly grew up in Michigan but was in Portland for HS)

Reaction Score
Very interesting thread. If I were to look at it from a Canadian perspective, I'd be curious to see the trends. Believe the assumption is Ontario have the majority because of players like Edwards, Day-Wilson, Russell and Amihere. British Columbia (Koning,Wallack, Hamblin, Hanson) and Quebec (Propser, Te Biasu) can also claim great talent. Alberta, with the emergence of Ejim and Kyei are starting to get on the radar for coaches as well.

Reaction Score
Got a couple more.

Vanderbilt: Ashley Smith (can't find stats for her but I seem to recall she had a nice career as a PG there; was part of the powerhouse Oregon City HS teams; I keep forgetting she's married to Mark Campbell)

Oregon also has a pretty high level of play across their top 30 or so HS programs.

Reaction Score
Got a couple more.

And TCU is one of Jazzy Davidson’s finalists.

Reaction Score
I will repeat that we Gamecock fans absolutely love our freshman. Tessa Johnson. Her smile is the best face of wbb at our school. She is an integral part of our team and gets significant PT while games are contested and loved by fans and players.

For example, she got 17 minutes of PT in the contested LSU tournament championship -the same minutes as Fulwiley who was tournament MVP. In the thrilling 1 point, last second semifinal win over UT, she logged 20 minutes to Fulwiley 13! That’s how much Dawn trusts her as a frosh!

Paige Bueckers’ dad was a vocal supporter of Tessa during recruiting - even when she lost her junior season due to injury. We owe him gratitude for keeping her name alive in Dawn’s mind.

Reaction Score
I will repeat that we Gamecock fans absolutely love our freshman. Tessa Johnson. Her smile is the best face of wbb at our school. She is an integral part of our team and gets significant PT while games are contested and loved by fans and players.

For example, she got 17 minutes of PT in the contested LSU tournament championship -the same minutes as Fulwiley who was tournament MVP. In the thrilling 1 point, last second semifinal win over UT, she logged 20 minutes to Fulwiley 13! That’s how much Dawn trusts her as a frosh!

Paige Bueckers’ dad was a vocal supporter of Tessa during recruiting - even when she lost her junior season due to injury. We owe him gratitude for keeping her name alive in Dawn’s mind.
And Tessa led the Gamecocks in scoring in the Elite Eight win over Oregon State. This included 5/5 on free throws. She has the second highest FT% (%85) on the team and is now frequently on the court when we are holding a close lead in the final minutes

Reaction Score
And Tessa led the Gamecocks in scoring in the Elite Eight win over Oregon State. This included 5/5 on free throws. She has the second highest FT% (%85) on the team and is now frequently on the court when we are holding a close lead in the final minutes
This Oregon State fan was also impressed with Tessa on the court, even before the OSU game vs South Carolina. But my opinion of Tessa went to the moon when I heard her on the post game presser. Tessa would fit in great at OSU as she reminded me so much of the humble players at Oregon State. Just a class act is Tessa.

Reaction Score
This Oregon State fan was also impressed with Tessa on the court, even before the OSU game vs South Carolina. But my opinion of Tessa went to the moon when I heard her on the post game presser. Tessa would fit in great at OSU as she reminded me so much of the humble players at Oregon State. Just a class act is Tessa.
You should see the candid videos she does around the team. Adorably sunny personality.

Reaction Score
Who has impressed me the most at the post position in this tournament is Raegan Beers. If she transfers, I hope she comes down South. Well to South Carolina to be more exact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom