Votes: 6 100.0%
  • tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is out to a 3-0 lead. But the SEC is clearly the favorite in 5 of the remaining 7 games, and I'd say the other two (Auburn-TCU and Florida-Kansas) are toss-ups.

With the hope of forgiveness from @biobioprof , I've copied his compilation from another thread:

Wednesday, December 4
  • Georgia at Baylor
  • Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Thursday, December 5
  • Iowa State at Alabama
Saturday, December 7
  • Auburn at TCU (3p ET)
  • Kansas State at Arkansas (3p)
  • LSU at Oklahoma (4p)
  • Oklahoma State at Texas A&M (8p)
Sunday, December 8
  • West Virginia at Mississippi State (2p)
  • Texas at Tennessee (2p)
  • Florida at Kansas (3p)
FINAL SCORE: 8-2 for the Big 12

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Auburn/TCU will be interesting to watch.

Kansas State has been underwhelming so far but Arkansas has much to prove still. They haven't really faced stiff competition yet outside of maybe Cal and they lost.

I would be shocked if LSU lost to OU but considering OU loves to turn it over 30 times a game and not rebound, I have a difficult time seeing us drop this one unless OU gets hot from 3.

OSU could give A&M a run but I think A&M at home will win this.

WVU probably has a decent team but they haven't played anyone. MSU at home is too much for them.

I don't see Texas winning on the road in Knoxville, they are poorly coached. Tennessee prob the better team.

I have been impressed with the development of this Florida team this year. I don't think Kansas is good at all but its hard to tell what this young Florida team will do on the road.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KState is hanging in vs Arkansas. Hogs are going to struggle defending the paint, as expected.

Plebe

Reaction Score
KState is hanging in vs Arkansas. Hogs are going to struggle defending the paint, as expected.
I just watched a couple minutes of this game, and K-State got completely homered on successive calls. Possession on ball out of bounds incorrectly awarded to Arkansas, followed by a horrible blocking foul called on K-State's center on what was a clear charge by Dungee. That was her 3rd foul, she goes to the bench, and presto Arkansas retakes the lead.

Arkansas should not be ranked in the top 25. They might not even be a top 50 team. Struggled to beat Wisconsin on a neutral court, struggling at home to put away a K-State team that has losses to UTA and Memphis, lost their only true road game at Cal.

Reaction Score
I just watched a couple minutes of this game, and K-State got completely homered on successive calls. Possession on ball out of bounds incorrectly awarded to Arkansas, followed by a horrible blocking foul called on K-State's center on what was a clear charge by Dungee. That was her 3rd foul, she goes to the bench, and presto Arkansas retakes the lead.

Arkansas should not be ranked in the top 25. They might not even be a top 50 team. Struggled to beat Wisconsin on a neutral court, struggling at home to put away a K-State team that has losses to UTA and Memphis, lost their only true road game at Cal.
And now that post, who has a double double, gets called for her 4th foul still in the 3rd quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And now that post, who has a double double, gets called for her 4th foul still in the 3rd quarter.
Ha Kansas State isn't quite as bad as Texas this year, but they're not good at all. Complete loss of composure, all the bad calls notwithstanding.

The Big 12 might be a one-bid league this year. Not out of the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score
OU came to play today. Dang.

Up 46-29

This team simply isn't competitive without Mitchell on the floor. Young has been a bit disappointing, she is getting lots of good looks.

Plebe

Reaction Score
OU came to play today. Dang.

Up 46-29

This team simply isn't competitive without Mitchell on the floor. Young has been a bit disappointing, she is getting lots of good looks.
What the heck happened to LSU's defense? I saw they drew to within 2 at 32-30, but then OK went on a 19-2 run???

Reaction Score
What the heck happened to LSU's defense? I saw they drew to within 2 at 32-30, but then OK went on a 19-2 run???

We can't stop fouling them. OU is actually moving the ball well on offense. We don't have many good options outside of Pointer, Mitchell and Aifuwa. That is literally our team. Since both our post players have been on the bench, OU has taken over.

I made fun of OU before this games but they are kicking our butts in every facet. We are being out coached and out played. We will need a perfect picture half to come back.

Plebe

Reaction Score
We can't stop fouling them. OU is actually moving the ball well on offense. We don't have many good options outside of Pointer, Mitchell and Aifuwa. That is literally our team. Since both our post players have been on the bench, OU has taken over.
Reminds me a little of UConn's game at Norman last year. OU played miles above where they played literally every other game of the season and looked like a legit team. Led UConn by double digits in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Reminds me a little of UConn's game at Norman last year. OU played miles above where they played literally every other game of the season and looked like a legit team. Led UConn by double digits in the 2nd half.

Only issue is LSU is not UCONN :D

Maybe we can come back but that is quite a deficit to come back from. We are not a high scoring team, and if we get into shoot outs, that doesn't usually bode well for us.

Games like these prove OU has potential but they never play to it most the time.

Reaction Score
TCU d Auburn so if LSU can’t come back the B12 gets at least a tie.

Plebe

Reaction Score
TCU dominated Auburn from start to finish. Arkansas pulls away from K-State in the 4th quarter.

Big 12 now leads 4-1. If Oklahoma can hang on to its 19-point lead over LSU, the Big 12 will clinch at least a tie.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Fantastic commentator duo on the LSU-Oklahoma game: Brenda VanLengen and Dan Hughes. Doesn't get much better.

Reaction Score
Our guard play is atrocious with the exception of Pointer. That god Nikki had an all star in the family if not we would be screwed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Our guard play is atrocious with the exception of Pointer. That god Nikki had an all star in the family if not we would be screwed.
Cherry is pretty rough around the edges. The outside shooting is a glaring weakness.

Reaction Score
Cherry is pretty rough around the edges. The outside shooting is a glaring weakness.

This goes back to Nikki's dumb recruiting. She recruits mainly combo guards who literally can't shoot but can play defense. Thats her scheme. Doesn't work vs better teams unfortunately. You need shooters, pure and simple. Its called basketball. PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET.

I am done venting now lol

Reaction Score
Did not expect OU to out rebound LSU thus far. OU plays four guards.

I’m more surprised by LSU’s lack of scoring than OU’s scoring.

Reaction Score
OU leads 71-49 going into the 4th quarter now.

Mitchell and Pointer combined for 36 of our 49 points lol

Plebe

Reaction Score
This goes back to Nikki's dumb recruiting. She recruits mainly combo guards who literally can't shoot but can play defense. Thats her scheme. Doesn't work vs better teams unfortunately. You need shooters, pure and simple. Its called basketball. PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET.

I am done venting now lol
Maybe she has illusions of helping them improve their shot while at LSU? :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Both ACC-Big 10 and SEC-Big 12 Challenge yielded some unexpected results this season.

Reaction Score
Well when you only have two kids who can score, you aren't very good.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LSU just can't get anything going their way this game. Fouling with 1 second on the shot clock, missing layups, all kinds of bad stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom