Who on here is a UConn Alum? And who is not? I am. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Who on here is a UConn Alum? And who is not? I am.

Reaction Score
From the Standards:
“Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’. Likewise, the words UConn Health should simply be written as ‘UConn Health’ not ‘UCONN Health’ or ‘UCONN HEALTH."

A UConn student goes to UCONN (the trademark).

Reaction Score
I went to two years - partied too hard and got pulled out. I finished my BA twelve years later at Western in Danbury... But I'm a Husky at heart...
I went the other way. Started in 1970 at Western. Flunked out (almost deliberately) in spring 1971 at Western. Had a wake up call and headed to Northwestern CC in Winsted to repair the damage. Transferred to Storrs in Spring ‘73. The party atmosphere on campuses in the early 70s was huge and if you didn’t have the right degree of self-discipline and guidance it was so easy to get lost. Didn’t officially get my BA until a point in life when it wasn’t really pertinent to my career stuff. But the satisfaction was invaluable and was in line with my first exposure to UConn basketball during the last season of Hugh Greer.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Addendum: Dopey here forgot that in addition to a daughter who graduated out of Storrs I have 2 other daughters wo got advanced degrees at WestConn. Also seems to be required in the thread to say where you did go to school: Cornell AB, Harvard JD. When I was at Cornell we had Gary Wood as a quarterback for a time; Pete Gogolak as a kicker - first soccer style kicker in NFL and, my favorite, Ken Dryden as a hockey goalie.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
From the Standards:
“Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’. Likewise, the words UConn Health should simply be written as ‘UConn Health’ not ‘UCONN Health’ or ‘UCONN HEALTH."

A UConn student goes to UCONN (the trademark).

Not sure if I know what this means. Not sure if I want to know.:(

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Not sure if I know what this means. Not sure if I want to know.:(

I'm guessing that Intpseeker's reference to "the Standards" is about the university's IP (Intellectual Property) law guidelines. If UCONN, all caps, is a trademark, it should be written with a superscript TM, or, if registered, a superscript R in a circle. Thus, UCONN™ or UCONN®. If the university doesn't
defend and protect the use of the trademark, it may eventually lose rights to that asset.

Bet you still don't want to know.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Intpseeker's reference to "the Standards" is about the university's IP (Intellectual Property) law guidelines. If UCONN, all caps, is a trademark, it should be written with a superscript TM, or, if registered, a superscript R in a circle. Thus, UCONN™ or UCONN®. If the university doesn't
defend and protect the use of the trademark, it may eventually lose rights to that asset.

Bet you still don't want to know.

I guess I should Xerox this so I have a hard copy.

Reaction Score
Connecticut native. Undergrad at Wesleyan University, Class of '82.
Postgrad: got my MD degree from UCONN in 1987.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom