Who Matches Up With Margo? | The Boneyard

Who Matches Up With Margo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always thought whatever the Vols can do we can do better. Compare our guards against theirs, bigs against bigs, Boneyard against Checkerboard Square. our player interviews against theirs. No contest, right? But following the game thread yesterday I saw occasional questions: "What will Margo say?' WHO is this Margo? This morning I followed a link on the 'Yard, and found out. The passion! The sincerity! The frustration! Now I'm jealous. Who I wondered have we got, who could match up with Margo? Before you dismiss the question ("Eew! Who'd want to?" "So uncool!" etc), just pause and honor good theater. Smart fans galore around here, but do we have anyone who could check their Yankee reserve at the door, grab a camera and launch a rant with the power and angst Margo brings to the job? A couple of obvious possibilities are: Icebear, master of silver-tongued charm and irony: Wonkster with world-class wit and oddball insights; DoggyDaddy with his dark disdain for superficial chowder-headedness. What Margo does may look easy but its not. Who could step up?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I on a personal note would love to do something like that. However, I have no idea how to film and upload onto YouTube. Also not sure if my kids are old enough yet not to be overly embarrassed (maybe a in a couple years), don't think my wife would mind, she already knows I'm an goof.
Also there's the part of me that takes pity on anyone who has to view my ugly mug. Eh maybe someday.

Not growing up here in NE I have no Yankee reserve.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Meyers - I was going to nominate you. You could give it a whirl.

Unlike the rest of the UTenn program, Margo continually sets a high bar with her post-game rants. They are classic!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers - I was going to nominate you. You could give it a whirl.

Unlike the rest of the UTenn program, Margo continually sets a high bar with her post-game rants. They are classic!
There's another reason to shy away, I'm sure I would not be near as entertaining as Margo.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Margo is kinda easy on the eyes... kinda!

she's been doing the videos for a few years, maybe even since the Parker days

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
There's another reason to shy away, I'm sure I would not be near as entertaining as Margo.

Plus, it's inherently much more difficult to manufacture PONs for this season's for Huskies :) . Tough to rant and rave in a truthful fashion.......

The LVs, on the other hand, keeping handing Margo platefuls of red meat!

Reaction Score
"...handing Margo platefuls of red meat"! Yeah VAMike you got that right. Rant-wise, our team is slim pickins. Maybe the choice is one of those posters who periodically announce that the sky may be falling, or that Geno doesn't show enough love for X, or give proper minutes for Y. Followed by a frickin' response from DoggyDaddy, a la Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon. That would be passionate. Part of Margo's charm is being borderline outrageous. Meyers you'd be great and I hope you do it. Camera work is a non-issue. Got a smart phone? Probably half the people on here could walk you through it. And if you set up a couple of CFLs, your production values would already be better than Margo's. Concerned about your kids? Co-opt them: let them do direction and camera work. Think of what family fun you could have, sitting around brainstorming good content before filming. As for the dearth of red meat, maybe the thing should be tongue-in-cheek. Bria missed a shot or two, right? Get on her case, demand she live up to her potential. Do a fashion review of the coaches' attire. Think of what John Stewart or Andy Borowitz could do with a gig like this! Go for it dude.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And it is not just that she makes these videos, but that she makes one after EVERY game. I could possibly see one of your nominees or a few other people coming up with one or two or even three good video analysis postings, but the dedication to do it game after game, season after season. We have some fanatics, but ... I do wonder if Margo has a training period prior to the season and then does the preseason games as a warm-up to the full blown all out season videos - haven't followed her consistently enough to know how she gets in shape each year.
The closest we come is Nan with her fabulous news links day after day!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Margo believes, as have been said by others of the orange persuasion, that Tenn has the best front court in all of WCBB. Hmmmmm.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Nan is passionate but always rational, which sort of disqualifies her because she is totally sane....DD or Meyers would be my choice, due to their rapier insights, with perhaps a little soupcon of mfsb for conspiracy theories... Wonkster for a wryly witty experience..and Husky Bill just because he's Husky Bill.

Reaction Score
I would even like her as a play by play announcer during the games.... She would be great... Her enthusiasm is real....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Margo has a short memory about UTenn's front court. A small Commodore team took them apart in the paint and there is more, but what's the point. Many Tenn fans are schitzoid about their players : ranting that they play poorly time and again but turning around and insisting they are the best. Weird dichotomy.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I like Margo. She's honest. She says a lot of what Geno says - play through the fatigue - etc. She should be giving the half time talk to TN IMO

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The thing to appreciate about Margo is that she comes right home from the game (or from in front of the TV)
Makes a few notes…and off she goes.
Considering the lack of time for reflection and the assistance of some of the whizzes on the BY
Her jumping right in is quite miraculous.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
". As for the dearth of red meat, maybe the thing should be tongue-in-cheek. Bria missed a shot or two, right? Get on her case, demand she live up to her potential. Do a fashion review of the coaches' attire. Think of what John Stewart or Andy Borowitz could do with a gig like this! Go for it dude.

What a fab idea!
Wish I was qualified with the requisite sense of humor.
Sadly not.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
What are you implying about DD and I? :eek:

Let's see...smart, well-informed, very direct (going to speak your mind and perhaps call a spade a &*%$# shovel), usually amusing and not going to take any c**p from any drive-by wanna be from some other board...yeah, that'll sum it up. ;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I on a personal note would love to do something like that. However, I have no idea how to film and upload onto YouTube. Also not sure if my kids are old enough yet not to be overly embarrassed (maybe a in a couple years), don't think my wife would mind, she already knows I'm an goof.
Also there's the part of me that takes pity on anyone who has to view my ugly mug. Eh maybe someday.

Not growing up here in NE I have no Yankee reserve.
If you have a account and a web cam it's easy. There is a upload button just click it. You can upload it from your computer or from the cam.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let's see...smart, well-informed, very direct (going to speak your mind and perhaps call a spade a & %$# shovel), usually amusing and not going to take any c**p from any drive-by wanna be from some other board...yeah, that'll sum it up. ;)
Oh ok, I thought you were going with the opposite of sane. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
best front court in country? and the #1 post player? the one who cannot get up and down the court?

Reaction Score
But what would you discuss ? Players height ? Would you complain that UConn outscored their opponent by only 10 pts in the second half even though they won the game by 35 ? Doesn't sound very promising. Oh, I know. You could critique each player as to whether or not they really do have a jump shoot. Well, you see the problem, there's nothing to really complain about. One would have to "create" a controversy and that would probably result in him/her being ostracized to some extent (I.E. KML's playing condition or Geno not liking Kiah)
It would have to be played as satire. Say after the Rutgers game something like " We will need Bria to contribute more if we are going to win the NC".

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And it is not just that she makes these videos, but that she makes one after EVERY game. I could possibly see one of your nominees or a few other people coming up with one or two or even three good video analysis postings, but the dedication to do it game after game, season after season. We have some fanatics, but ... I do wonder if Margo has a training period prior to the season and then does the preseason games as a warm-up to the full blown all out season videos - haven't followed her consistently enough to know how she gets in shape each year.
The closest we come is Nan with her fabulous news links day after day!
Pap da Linkster has Nan beat... dude is all over the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer