Who is your favorite UConn player of all time? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is your favorite UConn player of all time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Ricky Moore or Kevin Freeman and I have to go with Ricky.

The list is so long it is almost not fair to have to pick just one.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Impossible, but what the heck.....for me it would come down to Emeka and Kemba. Between them, I'd end up giving it to Kemba by a hair. What he did was just so impossible.....11 straight....pure magic.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OLD SCHOOL = Wes B, Bill Corley,
70's- Corny and Tony H, Al Weston
80s- E Kelley (got Perno fired), C Smith, C Robinson, Nadav
90's - KEA (my #1), Ray A (wished he stayed out of Miami), Rip, Donyell. Scott B, Kevin F
2000s - Ben G, Emeka, Rashad, Denham Brown
20102- Kemba, J Lamb, Shabazz

Reaction Score
Challenging, but after what Kemba did and how he did it on such a magical run, he just kept climbing the charts and took over all in my book when we won title 3. Hard working, will do win, selfless, classy, clutch, hard to dislike by other schools, big smile and role model.

I'm glad this post isn't about 2, 3, 4 and downward. We (as fans) are so lucky to have had such awesome players and success due to JC and in the future with KO.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's evolved over the years. Lyman DePriest for a long while. Then Ray made a charge, but my love of defense eventually pushed Ricky to the top, and despite short term deal with Caron, Ricky really wasn't supplanted until Emeka. Hasheem wasn't in Mek's league, but he was such a defensive force and such an all around likeable guy that he got near the top.

Then came Kemba. Game. Set. Match.

Reaction Score
Scott Burrell, not only am I old and from Hamden, but the improvement he made in four years at UCONN was amazing. Plus, no Shot without the Pass.

Reaction Score
Anthony Jordan Price....his leadership after such a rough beginning to his career was amazing to see.

Reaction Score
I really liked Art Quimby from the 50's who I saw when I was perhaps 10 years old. He led the nation in rebounding with 24 per game. I also loved Toby Kimball from the mid 1960's [he also led the nation in rebounding] and Wes Bialosuknia from 1964-5 to 1968-9. He led the nation in scoring his senior year. About 28 per game.

Reaction Score
Always liked the Tim Coles , Freeman , Adrien types. Tim fought against pretty tough foes with Kuzinski<sp> and Besselink at center.

Reaction Score
Rip. In that rough 96-97 season he provided a beacon of hope, couldn't wait to watch him develop. In 97-98 he was the star on a very young team (Khalid's freshmen year) He hit that dramatic shot against Washington to go to the Elite Eight where were it not for fatigue, might have drained a huge corner jumper against North Carolina to give us a late lead and possibly a spot in the Final Four.

In. 98-99 he was the man, always consistent and clutch. He finished off this fantastic career with 6 games of over 20 points scored leading to our first NC. For me it's hard to see anyone picking someone over him, but I can't argue with Kemba either.

Reaction Score
What is the point of listing off 6-8 guys when the poster asks who your one favorite player is?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What is the point of listing off 6-8 guys when the poster asks who your one favorite player is?
For someone like you to make a comment like that!
You name 1 and I'll name ten and pick a 1 among them NO BIG DEAL

Reaction Score
What do you mean exactly by saying for someone like me to make that comment? I agree, not a huge deal. I just found it funny that the intent if the thread seemed to be to list your absolute favorite player and why. We all have 10 or more guys we love I'm sure, but to list 6 just seemed to make the thread pointless. Nothing worth fighting over, just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
What do you mean exactly by saying for someone like me to make that comment? I agree, not a huge deal. I just found it funny that the intent if the thread seemed to be to list your absolute favorite player and why. We all have 10 or more guys we love I'm sure, but to list 6 just seemed to make the thread pointless. Nothing worth fighting over, just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
Tough to pick just one. I started following in the 90s, so my favorite from each decade would be:

90s --> Rip
00s --> EO
10s --> Kemba

Tough, tough, tough to decide.

My wife would easily pick Jeff Adrien. She still loves him.

Reaction Score
Always liked the Tim Coles , Freeman , Adrien types. Tim fought against pretty tough foes with Kuzinski<sp> and Besselink at center.
Don't leave out Lyman DePriest, the Motown Hit Man!

Reaction Score
I know this is the mens' site, but I'm going to list my favorite (not the best) mens' and womens' player. Interestingly, they were both cut from the same cloth. Pure grit, power, and determination and they backed down from no one. Always under recognized except by their teammates and some of us experts on The Boneyard. Who are my faves? Lyman DePriest and Jamelle Elliott. Always conducted themselves honorably off the court too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom