Better future in Football?

• Rutgers

• Boise State

Results are only viewable after voting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know you are not serious.

If you are, you are surely the only on this board who believes Boise's future is brighter than Rutgerseseses.

Reaction Score
This poll shows that Connecticut maybe could never really compete with schools like Temple in football. So, I admit it: I was wrong--I thought crazy poor decisions like hiring Pasqualoni, Diaco and Edsall were to blame for the football debacle. Turns out, Connecticut fans can't tell a football from an acorn. And that's been the problem all along.

Reaction Score
This poll shows that Connecticut maybe could never really compete with schools like Temple in football. So, I admit it: I was wrong--I thought crazy poor decisions like hiring Pasqualoni, Diaco and Edsall were to blame for the football debacle. Turns out, Connecticut fans can't tell a football from an acorn. And that's been the problem all along.

Please don’t double down. Not today. Not the day UCONN football officially died.

Reaction Score
Please don’t double down. Not today. Not the day UCONN football officially died.

Well, I was being sardonic. I'm honestly not going to talk about UConn football anymore. I mean, why would I?

Reaction Score
Yep, that's why UConn football is a disgrace. It's the fans! SMDH

Reaction Score
You excel at understanding the opposite of what was written.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Always bet on the money.

In the long term, it always wins.
Precisely what I think.

Just grabbing these for posterity’s sake.

Rutgers - SUNJ - being better than Boise State at football... consistently.

You can’t make up the cognative dissonance needed to believe that.

Reaction Score

Sigh.

I have been arguing that football has been down because of our ridiculously bad coaching decisions. I am consistent in this.

I mentioned Temple mainly because they were tossed out of the BE, lost even more than we have, and managed to bounce back BECAUSE of good coaching decisions. Whaler just thinks this (what Temple did) isn't possible in Connecticut.

Now we have people who actually believe Boise is going to have a better football future than Rutgers. So our responded by sardonically agreeing with Whaler that maybe UConn was hopeless all along after all.

Reaction Score
Just grabbing these for posterity’s sake.

Rutgers - SUNJ - being better than Boise State at football... consistently.

You can’t make up the cognative dissonance needed to believe that.

It's almost 1 am and I'm actually in disbelief that you believe that. Wow.

Reaction Score
What in the world makes you think Rutgers is ever going to compete in a division with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State?
Don't you remember when they were no one and beat Nebraska? Like 30 or 40 years ago?

Reaction Score
What in the world makes you think Rutgers is ever going to compete in a division with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State?

It doesn't even matter. They and their $60m a year will still have better football. When 11-1 Boise takes on 6-6 Rutgers in the Poulan Weedeater bowl, Rutgers wins because they have much better recruits, because they pay those recruits money, because they have better coaches and trainers and support systems, they travel better, and because they played a touch schedule rather than playing San Jose State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom