OT: - Who felt the earthquake about 1030? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Who felt the earthquake about 1030?

Reaction Score
Was stationed in San Diego, base on the harbor, and we would get them often. The rooms housing the simulators were dark, except for instruments lights, and you could see the lights swaying in the dark.

Did in northwest CT. Earthquake center in nw NJ. About 4.8!
NEIC has confirmed the cause of this mornings earthquake in New Jersey was a basketball practice in Glendale, Arizona. Apparently the seismic force generated during the slam dunk practice traveled across the county to an abandoned high school in Jersey City. NCAA is investigating.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I appreciate qualifying the thread title with "about 1030" as if someone would have responded except they only felt the 7:00am earthquake today.

Reaction Score
Felt it in my home in Monroe. Wife and I were stting on the couch and I though either my subwoofer kicked in a major way on my home theatre system or someone slipped some magic mushrooms in my omelette. Quickly it became obvious it was a quake. Went on for almost 30 seconds with a few minor aftershocks.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I was in my home office in Norwalk, on a phone call with a guy in Westchester. All of a sudden, he says "hold on a second, my whole house is shaking", as I realized mine was also. Reminded me late 1980's another small earthquake, sleeping on a couch in my parents' basement in Stamford. Woke up and remembered dreaming about being shaken around, turned on the news, it wasn't a dream lol.

Both times made out better than my aunt in California, who lost her condo in Encino in the Northridge earthquake!

Reaction Score
Live in NJ a couple miles from Seaton Hall campus. House got a good shake for 15-20 seconds this morning. We had another small tremor about an hour ago

Reaction Score
Did not feel it here in Boston
Me neither here in Boston. It's interesting though, because my wife is originally from Santa Cruz, California but was around the Bay Area in 1989 when they had that massage earthquake.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Felt in Norwalk. Whole house shook. Chandelier etc. Nothing fell off shelves however. Significant for this area.

NJ centered. I guess Seton Hall winning the NIT was earthshaking, LOL.

That, and the other Seton Hall guy coming in 2nd for AP CotY.

My friend was taking a dump in New Hartford and thought he caused it.
Always the best friends.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
I lived in San Diego for six years and I was in a Manhattan hi rise for the 2011 NYC quake. I’ve always been pretty oblivious to them. This one was unmistakable though. I was WFH in my basement office here in Brooklyn when it hit. Being underground that close to the epicenter was a surreal experience

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom