Who Do You Want To See UConn Play Next Season? | The Boneyard

Who Do You Want To See UConn Play Next Season?

Reaction Score
Well all know that for years UConn’s conference schedule has been weak and we can also probably agree that this hurts them come tournament time. Geno & crew do a good job scheduling top non conference matchups. Unfortunately due to covid, games this season versus Baylor and Louisville were cancelled.

Who would you like to see UConn play next year? I would like to see them go head to head with Stanford. They lose Kiana W and Anna W but return Haley Jones, Hull, and Brink. I’d also like a Baylor matchup. They do lose 3 starters but return Nalyssa and Queen Egbo. Whatever team that Vic Schaffer is coaching come next season. Maybe another Iowa game, perhaps they’ll be better next year, and a Paige/Caitlin matchup is good for the game. Also, South Carolina, Louisville, and Oregon Ducks. I kinda want to see a Sedona/Sabally vs Liv/Aaliyah matchup.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well all know that for years UConn’s conference schedule has been weak and we can also probably agree that this hurts them come tournament time. Geno & crew do a good job scheduling top non conference matchups. Unfortunately due to covid, games this season versus Baylor and Louisville were cancelled.

Who would you like to see UConn play next year? I would like to see them go head to head with Stanford. They lose Kiana W and Anna W but return Haley Jones, Hull, and Brink. I’d also like a Baylor matchup. They do lose 3 starters but return Nalyssa and Queen Egbo. Whatever team that Vic Schaffer is coaching come next season. Maybe another Iowa game, perhaps they’ll be better next year, and a Paige/Caitlin matchup is good for the game. Also, South Carolina, Louisville, and Oregon Ducks. I kinda want to see a Sedona/Sabally vs Liv/Aaliyah matchup.
I would say that at least 95% of the OOC is already scheduled and that is the same for the other teams you mentioned. I believe it was stated after the Iowa game that the earliest it could be scheduled is Paige's Junior year. As for Louisville and South Carolina they are already scheduled.

Reaction Score
I would say that at least 95% of the OOC is already scheduled and that is the same for the other teams you mentioned. I believe it was stated after the Iowa game that the earliest it could be scheduled is Paige's Junior year. As for Louisville and South Carolina they are already scheduled.
Already playing in the battle for Atlantis, with South Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma, Minnesota, South Florida, Buffalo, Connecticut, and Syracuse.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I would be intrigued with a home/home series with Caitlin and Iowa in Paige's junior and senior year.
On our trip out there...stop by Iowa State as well...maybe a Friday/Sunday during the winter break.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is there a maximum number of games a school can play? I believe that we play 20 BE games and already have some OOC games scheduled.
What I would not like to see is a repeat of this season where Geno has to scramble to get a game on the schedule. It worked ok for the UMass-Lowell game but not so well for the Arkansas game. (Hindsight is 20/20.)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Already playing in the battle for Atlantis, with South Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma, Minnesota, South Florida, Buffalo, Connecticut, and Syracuse.
They can not play these two teams because they are already scheduled for next season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With the retirement of Oklahoma's Coach Coale and that we played Syracuse in the NCAA, I would hope that the three teams that UConn plays are Minnesota, South Florida, and Buffalo.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They can not play these two teams because they are already scheduled for next season.
They have sometimes agreed to substitute a in season tournament game for a scheduled H/A OOC game extending a H/A game to the following year. Can't remember when this happened, just remember it happening at least once.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cal Baptist.
2 teams that share the ball very well.
This is assuming that CBU returns its 3 seniors.

Reaction Score

They should play as many difficult teams as they can to get ready for the tourney.

Reaction Score
I wish the Big East would just have us play our conference teams once. No need to play any of these teams twice.

Reaction Score
If the pandemic is somewhat under control, what exhibition games can we have? Iowa?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If the pandemic is somewhat under control, what exhibition games can we have? Iowa?
Exhibition games can only be against Div II and Div III opponents, it can not be a Div I team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish the Big East would just have us play our conference teams once. No need to play any of these teams twice.
Home and away for each team one of the best things about the BE. Eventually, some teams will emerge and be competitive. We did that before with Louisville and Notre Dame in the old biggies and USF in the American. We can do it again.

Reaction Score
Ideal: Stanford, Baylor, SoCarolina, Lou, NCSt, Maryland, Iowa

Actual: ND Ore SC Lou Md? Tex? Tenn? Okla?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I believe they only play D2 schools in exhibition games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom