Who can beat them? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who can beat them?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ok I will try to do the anti mojo jinx. We’re not even good those teams will beat us by 25. DOOMED
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Here are the teams that can compete with uconn:
Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Teams that make me nervous:
Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
Refs

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I had a thread on our possible vulnerabilities in which I thought maybe it was Samson but geez he looked good today! Think about this: Today Spencer, Clingan and Newton didnt score a lot and we romped with other guys. Of course Newton had 9 assists.
So, if we’re healthy I’d rather be on us than anybody else in the country. Tougher part of schedule coming, but we’ll see soon.

It was GTOWN.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Hardest part of regular season schedule is arriving soon. Both Marquette games, Creighton away, Providence away will all be very tough. We only beat Nova by 1 and Seton Hall beat us like a drum over the last 32 minutes of the game. No need for Hubris. We are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
How do you beat us? What do you take away defensively ? How do you attack us? Aside from praying that one of our guys get hurt, how do you attack us?????

Reaction Score
New Mexico looking good with a few sons of former nba players on their roster. Might be the team we match up with in the championship game?? Another New Mexico team?? Fn doomed yo

Reaction Score
Kansas was the only team that actually dominated UCONN head to head for long periods, especially if Tristan didn't have an all world game. They are rangy and quick on getting ahead of screens & switching. The problem is that they are incredibly inconsistent and may not survive the first weekend.

As far as other teams that could give UCONN trouble, I'd say Iowa St (their defense is ridiculous and barely legal), St. Mary's (as we saw last year in the first half) , Arizona (they upgraded at guard and got stronger up front with Johnson), Purdue (Edey has a better supporting cast this year) and maybe even a wildcard offensive team like Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I took it as who can beat us on our A game. Obviously when can play a stinker and lose

Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
We are DOOMED we’re going to lose every game the rest of this season and you’re to blame

Reaction Score
New Mexico looking good with a few sons of former nba players on their roster. Might be the team we match up with in the championship game?? Another New Mexico team?? Fn doomed yo
...And they lost at home tonight.

Reaction Score
Kansas, Seton Hall, Marquette, Houston, Duke, Kentucky, Purdue, Arizona, Illinois, Iowa State. I don’t understand why not let it play out and enjoy the ride. Nobody thought we would lose to George Mason either. This over confidence is such a jinx.

Reaction Score
There are 30 teams that, on any given night with their A game and Uconn C game or worse, beat this team. In fact for an additional 5 to 10 its probably closer to a coin flip. (Example: @Marquette)

Reaction Score

Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.

The consensus it seems is that an opponent would have to do two or three things to beat us while the we would have to do one primary tactic to beat one of those top tier teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom