Who’s the better 3pt shot: Paige or Azzi? Subscription Article. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who’s the better 3pt shot: Paige or Azzi? Subscription Article.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With P&A on the court and drawing so much attention everybody else will get more open shots. CW Evina Caroline and Saylor should feast on that.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I will leave it to Paige as to who is the better shooter. In a video after Paige had committed an interviewer asked them the question, "With one shot to win the game what is your go to move?" Azzi answered, "I would go to my mid range jumper, I guess." Paige answered, "I would drive and give the ball to Azzi." Now was she politicking to get Azzi to come to UConn? Maybe. But I think it was an honest answer. Paige on that day had more confidence in Azzi than her own shot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will leave it to Paige as to who is the better shooter. In a video after Paige had committed an interviewer asked them the question, "With one shot to win the game what is your go to move?" Azzi answered, "I would go to my mid range jumper, I guess." Paige answered, "I would drive and give the ball to Azzi." Now was she politicking to get Azzi to come to UConn? Maybe. But I think it was an honest answer. Paige on that day had more confidence in Azzi than her own shot.
I did not interpret that as Paige having more confidence in Azzi's shot but that Paige much rather make a game winning pass that builds team comradery then making a game winning shot.

Confidence in Azzi for sure but Paige having more confidence in Azzi than herself, impossible.

By the way, I am guessing Paige watching Azzi making 90+ % from the line will push Paige into that class as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Had 87% last year.
The Holy Grail for basketball is to go an entire season shooting 50/40/90, which has been accomplished by only a handful of players in the history of college or professional basketball. Last season Paige was oh so close, shooting 52%/46%/87%.

Reaction Score
The Holy Grail for basketball is to go an entire season shooting 50/40/90, which has been accomplished by only a handful of players in the history of college or professional basketball. Last season Paige was oh so close, shooting 52%/46%/87%.
I'm going to cheat and borrow 3% from the 3P and give it to the FT. :D

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Just think of the nightmares opposing coaches will have trying to develop a game plan to defend the perimeter against UConn. :)
Ummm....how abt nightmares on how to develop a game plan to defend the Uconn Offense , perimeter and interior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2 more made FT’s last season would have given Paige 50/40/90.

Kaleena was 1 FT away from 50/40/90 in each of her sophomore and senior All-American seasons.

I'm predicting 50/40/90 for Azzi at some point in her UConn career. In fact, in a prior post, I went higher than that. Kaleena had that great hand action on her release and perfect ball rotation. Azzi has different form, but equally reliable. She also has the softest touch I've seen. I've seen a shot of hers come to rest on the support between the rim and backboard. Who does that?

I thought Azzi was a better shooter than Paige by a small margin before last year, but Paige really impressed me. Can we have two 50/40/90 shooters on the same team? I think so! They will push and encourage each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom