Which Would Make You Feel Bettet About UConn's Loss To Iowa? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which Would Make You Feel Bettet About UConn's Loss To Iowa?

Which of the Following Would Make You Feel Better About UConn's Loss to Iowa

• Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to TitleA Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • Iowa Winning Title Game and Taking Solace in Barely Losing to Eventual Champs

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • A Replay of 2021 Regional Final.and Remembering Controversial Calls Even Out

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I Don't Want To Feel Better and Prefer to Wallow in Misery

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to Title Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to Title Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 26 20.2%

• Total voters

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry!!! :oops::p
2885612F-B368-4D9C-B919-D880735E34FB.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
ONLY 1 THING !!! OUR OTHER TEAM !!!! GLENDALE, ...STATE FARM NFL STADIUM..., TONIGHT, 849 PM EDT, 549 MST.. !!!! NO MIDNIGHT or 11 PM EDT MASSACRE TONIGHT !!!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH !! "UCONN,.., HUSKIES, ....WOOF !!!! " BIG RED GOTTA BE THERE TONIGHT !!!! " U ! C ! O ! N ! N !, .., UCONN UCONN UCONN !!!!!! " AND "BIG RED" ACTUALLY!! IS THE OFFICIAL MASCOT OF THE NFL ARIZONA CARDINALS IN THAT SAME STADIUM !!!!!!
Did you start happy hour early?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I want SC to win decisively over Iowa. I’m petty. I always want the teams that beat UConn to lose.

I also want Strong to commit to UConn and for the men to bring home #6. Never let anyone forget who owns college basketball!!
well then, both birds should lose/ gamecocks pounded uconn in the season remember.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
ESPN has done a great dis-service to women's basketball by pumping up Caitlin Clark so far above the rest. She ends up being the villain when a situation like last night happens. Because the refs injected themselves in the game, it's totally clouded what should be either a joyful run to the championship or natural heartbreak for Iowa/Clark. Obviously, none of this is fair to the UConn players but it also reinforces the negatives that Clark exhibits in a way that she doesn't really deserve.
I dunno about anyone else, but I certainly don't view Clark as being the villain in any way whatsoever. She's never put herself on a pedestal -- the media did that. She pushes off (a lot), but it's not up to her to call a foul, that's up to the officials. The officials do sometimes call a foul, but mostly it's on the defender, as happened last night.

Reaction Score
Out of the choices I’d rather lose to the champs. Overall I really don’t care. I’m disappointed because of our play, it doesn’t matter who wins after this.

Reaction Score
I dunno about anyone else, but I certainly don't view Clark as being the villain in any way whatsoever. She's never put herself on a pedestal -- the media did that. She pushes off (a lot), but it's not up to her to call a foul, that's up to the officials. The officials do sometimes call a foul, but mostly it's on the defender, as happened last night.
Part of the idea of Clark in this role comes from the ESPN article by Wright Thompson. She exhibits a bunch of petulant (and at times just childish) behavior. Villain is probably the weong term as she’s not hated, but it can be much easier to dislike or root against her.

Reaction Score
Referees not calling any fouls on UConn, while officiating the final.

Reaction Score
Count me as one wallowing in my misery. Lol. I was always a UConn fan but haven't been as die hard until recently. I can only imagine how the 2017-2019 stretch felt. But this one felt worse than losing in the finals to SC and losing to Arizona. But I think it's hard, and granted 99.9 percent of programs deal with this so it's kind of entitlement, because I wanted the seniors to win a ring. Really have felt that way for the past three years. I really hate the whole they haven't won since Stewie thing. Even Stewie said it during the broadcast.

Reaction Score
well then, both birds should lose/ gamecocks pounded uconn in the season remember.
Well since both can’t lose, I care more about the team that just beat UConn than the loss from months ago.

Reaction Score
Part of the idea of Clark in this role comes from the ESPN article by Wright Thompson. She exhibits a bunch of petulant (and at times just childish) behavior. Villain is probably the weong term as she’s not hated, but it can be much easier to dislike or root against her.
I think Clark has, for the most part, been a remarkably classy player and has done a great job of maintaining her equilibrium in the face of all this media attention! In fact, I think some of her relatively innocuous interactions on court, usually not directed at anyone specific, have been used to justify and excuse similar actions that were aimed specifically at an individual! Clearly, she has occasionally exhibited petulance and perhaps even childish behavior but, on the whole, and considering the overwhelming amount of media attention she has received, I would say, very little!!

Reaction Score
I don’t know about that… after reading about her comments yesterday I think she is very self indulgent. No villain, self absorbed, yes. The media is all CC hype and continues to be. she is the greatest scorer the game has seen. Period. And yes, she has exhibited petulant behavior quite often from my observations. Pushes off quite often also.

Reaction Score
Did you start happy hour early?
Oooops- I dont sleep at all during MARCH....And early Aprill.... BUT THAT WAS LIKE PULLING TEETH LAST NIGHT !!! After...the Lake Erie Iceberg the night before !!!!!

Reaction Score
I have no faith in the NCAA correcting the officiating problem. It has been bad for a long while.

I beleive thius is just lip service to quiet the crowd.
The NFL admits when the refs made a bad call or when they missed a call in critical situations or critical games. They also name the referees involved and suspend them from officiating playoff games and the Super Bowl for as many seasons as it takes for the referees to show they won’t repeat the error. Perhaps the NCAA should take a page from the NFL’s book.

Reaction Score
The men winning back to back NCs.
I, like most others here,wish they had let that last possession play out but it was a foul and it was called. Iowas had a great year they played a great 2 nd half. They had nothing to do with the call. Good luck to them. I like Dawn too so good luck to her.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
IF, people would stop complaining about that last foul call. As Geno would say: "It is what it is."

Reaction Score
I am watching the game and hoping that South Carolina goes out there and crushes Iowa. Not because Iowa beat us but because I want to see South Carolina run the table and complete their mission. Iowa is the last obstacle in the way.

Reaction Score
I am watching the game and hoping that South Carolina goes out there and crushes Iowa. Not because Iowa beat us but because I want to see South Carolina run the table and complete their mission. Iowa is the last obstacle in the way.
You want to see Iowa crushed? What has South Carolina done for women's basketball this year compared to Clark and Iowa? Are little girls standing in line after the games to get their signatures, photos, to wear their jerseys? After the UCONN v. Iowa game drew 14 million, you now want to see a one sided "crush"? I will tell you this. If Iowa wins, it will be the single most important moment in womens basketball and compel it into the arena of America's top favorite sports. Even a great close game may do that. I think that is in everyone's interest who is a true womens basketball fan.

Reaction Score
Are little girls standing in line after the games to get their signatures, photos, to wear their jerseys?
I would expect that if they’re SC fans, they probably are!! What a ridiculous statement.

Do you think Iowa is the only program in the country to have a dedicated huge fanbase? I was at Albany and there were just as many SC fans there as there were Iowa fans. I’ve been to games to see SC play before (prior to this year) and their fans ALWAYS show up in impressive numbers. Also Dawn has done a lot for the community in her home state and for WOC in sports. Sorry if you’re uninformed.

BTW last time I checked, no one is “deserving” of titles simply because they have a fanbase.

Reaction Score
I want SC to win decisively over Iowa. I’m petty. I always want the teams that beat UConn to lose.

I also want Strong to commit to UConn and for the men to bring home #6. Never let anyone forget who owns college basketball!!
2 down, 1 to go …

Reaction Score
IF, people would stop complaining about that last foul call. As Geno would say: "It is what it is."
Ya complaining about it the night it happened is one thing, after 24-48 hours you either dwell on it or move past it, UConn definetly did enough to lose that game. Come back better and hungrier next year. Hopefully the men get number 6 tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I would expect that if they’re SC fans, they probably are!! What a ridiculous statement.

Do you think Iowa is the only program in the country to have a dedicated huge fanbase? I was at Albany and there were just as many SC fans there as there were Iowa fans. I’ve been to games to see SC play before (prior to this year) and their fans ALWAYS show up in impressive numbers. Also Dawn has done a lot for the community in her home state and for WOC in sports. Sorry if you’re uninformed.

BTW last time I checked, no one is “deserving” of titles simply because they have a fanbase.
You are missing the point and taking it out of context and that is very unfair. It's not about fans in general, it's about little girls and the effect that the game is having on them for the first time. Both Clark and Paige are idols to them. I was very specific about that. That is not true of the SC players. I made the statement in reaction to a poster that said he wanted to see SC crush Iowa which I felt would not be good for the game after all the progress that was made this year including a record high 14 million viewers of UCONN v Iowa. If you are an SC fan or wanted to see such a result then you have company with that poster but I didn't. However, if there are 50 little girls lining up to get Cardoso's or someone else's autograph or photo after the SC games as I have seen this year in person for Paige in 3 different venues, then I stand corrected but I sincerely doubt that. You say you "suspect" that it happens in SC, so you don't know. Do yourself a favor. If you are going to quote someone, then either reply to the quote or put the whole quote in.

Reaction Score

Finally, an article just came out in USA Today a few minutes ago which talks about how Caitlin Clark has forever changed women's sports and how they are viewed. That is part of what I was talking about and why I wanted to see a good game and not a "crush".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom