Which Of Our True Freshmen Could Have An Impact In 2022 | The Boneyard

Which Of Our True Freshmen Could Have An Impact In 2022

Reaction Score
Just browsing to check on likely arrival times for our new guys (early/mid June) and came across this 247 piece on true Freshmen who could see time for teams this season. Based on what we know about our incoming class (not much of course) and depth at various positions, do we see opportunities for specific guys to see the field in 2022 and possibly carve out a role for themselves? Maybe even move to the top of the depth chart? Interested to hear insights or expectations. The mental and physical speed of the game is always a huge adjustment so that is likely to factor in even more than size or strength IMO.

Reaction Score
In not my so trained eye, I think Mora has brought in depth at LB and DB which they were thin at last year. They'll have a solid rotation on defense and I think the defense will look much better this year. The offense will look much better because we won't have Edsall's yes man calling plays and have some both at HC and OC that know what to do. If the offense is on the field longer this year, and scores a few more times per games they are going to look like a completely different team because the defense will keep them in games.

Reaction Score
Rosa is the safest bet to see the field and make an impact as a true freshman. Two others to keep an eye on would be OT Ben Murawski and QB Zion Turner.

DB Spearman and LB Mountali were both on the spring roster so those two freshman have a head start toward making an impact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our portal players are the one's to watch but speed is always needed so maybe Rosa? QB is always the most important position so Cale Millen is on the clock. Good luck to him. It is time to start winning ballgames!

Reaction Score
Still surprised at how many transfers we brought in.

To answer q asked, Rosa or hicks could get opps on ST or in spread sets.

Longshots are DL from FL - Passmore or Branch.

Reaction Score
What's the old rule? The farther away from the ball you play the greater the chance of making an impact as a freshman. WR/DBs so someone like Rosa would seem to be the best option.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hopefully, with all the transfers Mora has brought in, the freshmen can redshirt.
I'm thinking Spearman, possibly Rosa could get time this year.
The linemen need to get bigger.

The traditional way of thinking is WR's and RB's can make an impact quicker than any other position group.

I see no reason why UConn would be any different. I have no idea if any freshman will make an impact but if I had to guess I'd pick an RB. Seems like there is a solid group of returning WR's and a freshman would have to make a huge impact on the coaches to overcome that. RB is a much more wide open position.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Still surprised at how many transfers we brought in.

To answer q asked, Rosa or hicks could get opps on ST or in spread sets.

Longshots are DL from FL - Passmore or Branch.
Passmore should have played QB. What a shame…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom