Which ankle did Williams sprain? | The Boneyard

Which ankle did Williams sprain?

Reaction Score
Actually, both ankles are important for a shooter. Lest we forget, she had 16, 18, and 29 against Arkansas., DePaul and Marquette. Wonder if she's hurting, and not letting coaches in on it. Ankles are really important!!

Reaction Score
Actually, both ankles are important for a shooter. Lest we forget, she had 16, 18, and 29 against Arkansas., DePaul and Marquette. Wonder if she's hurting, and not letting coaches in on it. Ankles are really important!!
Come on! These folks are together 24/7/365. She's hiding an injury?? Why would she do that??
IMO this CW thing is serious. It's a funk! Some people are emotional and they get in funks. I'm one of them. I've cried in the shower after practice before. (BTW nobody can tell you're doing it in the shower)
It's probably somewhat complicated. Maybe it has to do with a freshman being the leader of the team and far and away the best player on the team. We have to remember, CW was heralded out of HS. She knows that everyday she's been at UConn she has fallen short. (except for ND freshman year, which may even contribute to the funk)
I hope she has someone to talk to to help her find her way. The team and Geno is like a runaway locomotive to her. She better hop on quick or it's gunna be down the tracks. She'll miss out on the ride. It will really hurt her insides if she is not a part of this NC chase. She could quit/leave. Maybe she sees next year too. Maybe she knows she's just not good enough to shine with all this incoming talent.
She's got to find and embrace (with a full hug) a role on this team that's going to enable her to make a strong contribution. If she's not shooting or scoring at all IMO there are better players over there than her that could be playing. AE, Mir, even Sailor.
I've said for weeks, she's got to get the ball on the baseline, the short corner, or the blocks. She's no longer a wing/guard. Attack the baseline and finish next to the basket with either hand. Draw fouls, try to hit the FT's. Like Marquette. I wish good things for CW. She can help this team play at its highest level!

Reaction Score
If she is/has been injured I am sure everone wishes her a fast recovery. I think the long-standing issues are mechanical (her shot) and mental (confidence). Did everyone see her facial expressions and body language after that really bad airball 3? We should all hope that she just becomes a solid contributor for the rest of her career.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
IMO this CW thing is serious. It's a funk!....
I hope she has someone to talk to to help her find her way. ...
She's got to find and embrace (with a full hug) a role on this team that's going to enable her to make a strong contribution. If she's not shooting or scoring at all IMO there are better players over there than her that could be playing. ...
she's got to get the ball on the baseline, the short corner, or the blocks...
and when she does she can be terrific ... she knows this, i'm sure, but has been unable to consistently do it for the past 2+ years ... that's where the she really needs the coaching staff (or whoever they find who can deal with such things) to help her with whatever 'head' issues are involved. ... after 2+ years, her desire and working to overcome the repeated "funks" won't do the trick. desire, work and time don't magically fix some issues
I wish good things for CW. She can help this team play at its highest level
agree 100%. she comes across as a great person and contributor to the team. be great to see her be rewarded instead of frustrated on the court

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Come on! These folks are together 24/7/365. She's hiding an injury?? Why would she do that??
IMO this CW thing is serious. It's a funk! Some people are emotional and they get in funks. I'm one of them. I've cried in the shower after practice before. (BTW nobody can tell you're doing it in the shower)
It's probably somewhat complicated. Maybe it has to do with a freshman being the leader of the team and far and away the best player on the team. We have to remember, CW was heralded out of HS. She knows that everyday she's been at UConn she has fallen short. (except for ND freshman year, which may even contribute to the funk)
I hope she has someone to talk to to help her find her way. The team and Geno is like a runaway locomotive to her. She better hop on quick or it's gunna be down the tracks. She'll miss out on the ride. It will really hurt her insides if she is not a part of this NC chase. She could quit/leave. Maybe she sees next year too. Maybe she knows she's just not good enough to shine with all this incoming talent.
She's got to find and embrace (with a full hug) a role on this team that's going to enable her to make a strong contribution. If she's not shooting or scoring at all IMO there are better players over there than her that could be playing. AE, Mir, even Sailor.
I've said for weeks, she's got to get the ball on the baseline, the short corner, or the blocks. She's no longer a wing/guard. Attack the baseline and finish next to the basket with either hand. Draw fouls, try to hit the FT's. Like Marquette. I wish good things for CW. She can help this team play at its highest level!

Reaction Score
Agree with your assessment how and where CW should play. She is often unstoppable on the baseline or near basket. That being said, how can you be so sure she is not off due to injury? Anna took horrendous criticism for weeks to find she may have to miss a large part of season. No word from Geno or Anna until she had to sit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agree with your assessment how and where CW should play. She is often unstoppable on the baseline or near basket. That being said, how can you be so sure she is not off due to injury? Anna took horrendous criticism for weeks to find she may have to miss a large part of season. No word from Geno or Anna until she had to sit.
CW is not unstoppable from anywhere on the basketball court because most of the time it is Christyn Williams stopping herself.

Reaction Score
Threads and posters telling her she is unstoppable and inflating expectations for her is not helping her at all. No one is ever as good as their best game nor as bad as their worst. A player does not produce in 2 1/2 years because they are in a funk. Posters on a different thread declared that they never had high expectations for CW. Perhaps but they never expressed that in posts. All that was posted was expectations for her even being an AA her freshman season. I believe i might have been the only poster who stated that those that posted these things had too high of an expectation for her and that would impact her negatively so that she might not even reach her actual more modest potential. . People allowed her number on rating at the end of the year in a weak class plus a high scoring Mc D Allstar game to create an inflated sense of expectations. These expectations were not expressed for her benefit but to make those expressing them feel good themselves.

Often the worst things a player has to deal with is the inflated expectations of their parents and fans. They are far better of if the people around them have a lower expectation than their actual abilities. It puts a chip on their shoulder and keeping them motivation. I have seen too many high school players fail to reach their potential because of hyperinflated expectations by their parents and friends which ultimately interfered with their actual development.

Reaction Score
Threads and posters telling her she is unstoppable and inflating expectations for her is not helping her at all. No one is ever as good as their best game nor as bad as their worst. A player does not produce in 2 1/2 years because they are in a funk. Posters on a different thread declared that they never had high expectations for CW. Perhaps but they never expressed that in posts. All that was posted was expectations for her even being an AA her freshman season. I believe i might have been the only poster who stated that those that posted these things had too high of an expectation for her and that would impact her negatively so that she might not even reach her actual more modest potential. . People allowed her number on rating at the end of the year in a weak class plus a high scoring Mc D Allstar game to create an inflated sense of expectations. These expectations were not expressed for her benefit but to make those expressing them feel good themselves.

Often the worst things a player has to deal with is the inflated expectations of their parents and fans. They are far better of if the people around them have a lower expectation than their actual abilities. It puts a chip on their shoulder and keeping them motivation. I have seen too many high school players fail to reach their potential because of hyperinflated expectations by their parents and friends which ultimately interfered with their actual development.
So who created the expectations?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom