Wheres the love? | The Boneyard

Wheres the love?

Reaction Score
For Jalen Gaffney? Kid really seems to be hitting his stride and is finally looking confident and comfortable out there. Ive got to say it feels really good to see a kid playing PG who is pass first. I like how he had a couple of open shots but passed it off for even better shots. Nice court vision and decision making. Totally different player the last couple games. Now lets see if he could step up against better competition. Really have to love the way the 3 freshmen are looking right now.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
I could see Jalen playing 20 minutes a game by March. We need guard depth and he is showing a lot more confidence on offense recently. James is gonna be great but still makes Freshman mistakes. I could see James being the guy to take the final shot in March, with his scoring abilities. Akok is definitely the best player on the team. The defense is noticeably worse when he is off the court. Also, he is just so versatile. At the moment, I see him with fringe 2nd round potential.

Reaction Score
Gaffney played real well yesterday. That's 2 straight 5 assist games off the bench along with 10 and 8 points. He looks healthy and comfortable out there. I really enjoy watching the 3 freshmen play. They are a cut above.

Reaction Score
For Jalen Gaffney? Kid really seems to be hitting his stride and is finally looking confident and comfortable out there. Ive got to say it feels really good to see a kid playing PG who is pass first. I like how he had a couple of open shots but passed it off for even better shots. Nice court vision and decision making. Totally different player the last couple games. Now lets see if he could step up against better competition. Really have to love the way the 3 freshmen are looking right now.

St Pete and UNH we need to remember but he's getting there for sure. He has proven the ability he has in the last 2 and that's a great start. Will need to see some of the same when a Cincy defender and others hound him but I expect the end result to be more positive as he seems to have gained some confidence as well as what you also mentioned, he looks healthy finally. The freshman are a breath of fresh air.

Oh and can we actually "try" to get the ball more to Akok on the low post and baseline? That soft touch runner/half jump hook and the turn around baseline jumper are begging for more touches.

Reaction Score
Oh and can we actually "try" to get the ball more to Akok on the low post and baseline? That soft touch runner/half jump hook and the turn around baseline jumper are begging for more touches.

Akok had a play along the baseline in the 2nd half yesterday that was so smooth and effortless that it was extraordinary. Can't wait to watch the highlights of the 3 freshmen once they are posted.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah they look good lately but we all saw what happened when the lights turned on at MSG
They are freshmen and will they be able to handle the 22 yo 220 lb 6'4" guards in league play?
I hope so but St Pete's and UNH isn't Houston, WSU, Cinci etc
They are getting better - it's a start and a process almost all but the selected few frosh go through. DH will bring them on slowly to keep their confidence level on the rise.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Akok had a play along the baseline in the 2nd half yesterday that was so smooth and effortless that it was extraordinary. Can't wait to watch the highlights of the 3 freshmen once they are posted.
He always surprises me because he doesn’t look like he’s going to be smooth and athletic but his game is just so easy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's no time to praise Gaffney. We are too busy with a 3 page discussion on the merits of sweaters.

#sweaterthreadisthenewpizzathread

Reaction Score

Good game by Gaffney but it was UNH. Need to see it more consistently from him. Hurley will continue to give him chances. But AG is doing exactly what Hurley wants and he will also progress during the season.

Reaction Score
I remember there were some people saying that it's time to pull the plug in Gaffney for this season. No chance, he needed some confidence and needed to understand the game around him as he was transitioning. He's going to be an important off the bench player to fill in for Alterique as the primary ball handler. You can see how much these last two games have given him a new confident pace and even though he made some freshman mistakes yesterday, Hurley clapped him on because he knows it's learning season for him as he grows.

Reaction Score
Gaffney's biggest issue is just trusting his ability and slowing the game down - and that'll come with time.

Yeah, it's St Pete's and UNH - but there were stretches where he was the best player on the floor.

I also noticed that after our 8 minute dirt nap in the beginning of the game that Vital and Gilbert weren't ever back on the court together at the same time without Gaffney in tow. Part of that was for quickness and mobility - but that's not a coincidnece I don't think.

Reaction Score
St Pete and UNH we need to remember but he's getting there for sure. He has proven the ability he has in the last 2 and that's a great start. Will need to see some of the same when a Cincy defender and others hound him but I expect the end result to be more positive as he seems to have gained some confidence as well as what you also mentioned, he looks healthy finally. The freshman are a breath of fresh air.
Oh definitely understand the competition level but he didnt do much against similar level so now its time to see what he does against better comp.

and can we actually "try" to get the ball more to Akok on the low post and baseline? That soft touch runner/half jump hook and the turn around baseline jumper are begging for more touches.
Id like to like this comment 5 more times. Im hoping that DH starts doing more of that as the season progresses. Id also like to see him pump fake and drive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gaffney's improved game performance was @Chief00 certified a month ago.

There are multiple compliments of his play and performance in the post game thread.

Reaction Score
Something weird is going on with all the full throated defense of Chief lately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom