Where we will be ranked after tomorrow’s game? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Where we will be ranked after tomorrow’s game?

Reaction Score
I think we get no respect, so 10-12. We use this as motivation. In looking at KenPom where is the ACC? 1 top 10. They could use us now.
This is my expectation. Voters will look at the W/L record and the ranking of the team we beat and say "your only impressive win is over #18".

If they actually look at the score or, better yet, the games themselves, the eye test favors us a lot more than that.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
If they actually look at the score or, better yet, the games themselves, the eye test favors us a lot more than that.
that's why playing on national tv helps. If you're ranking teams, you had to watch the PKI games (I hope)

Reaction Score
His reasoning makes no sense though. His reason for having UConn 12 is because they beat his 14th and 20th ranked teams. But Purdue beats 13 and 15 and that is good enough to be 1??

My standards for these voters are low, like on the floor low. If they show any kind of thought process and don’t do things like vote for Arizona State because they mistakenly added a State to Arizona or vote for the first time for a team that lost to an unranked team that week, I’ll appreciate it. He did have their Torvik ranking wrong, would be cool for him to recognize that.

Reaction Score
FWIW, according to Vegas today we are now the 11th best team in terms of odds to win it all

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Despite 3 comfortable double digit wins against good/great P5 competition, I still sense that most of the national media is sleeping on how good this team has been.

If everyone could watch every game, we'd get the top 5 respect we rightfully deserve.

But because of the preseason non-ranking, and some national media still sleeping, I'd expect a ranking around 9-10. Coaches poll might be a bit higher at 7-9.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he is. You might disagree with him, but he at least explains his reasoning and has put some thought into his rankings.
Yea, and his reasonings were dumb. Just because the teams we beat are ranked below us now doesn't mean we should only be at 12 lol. He jumped Purdue to #1 after beating his #13 & #15 ranked teams where we beat his #14 & #20 ranked teams. No chance UCLA, Illinois, Baylor, KU should be higher right now.

Purdue had a nice run, let's not forget they barely beat Marquette in Mackey a few weeks ago. UConn has beaten every team they've played by double digits.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
#8, nailed it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member