Where was the Pass Rush | The Boneyard

Where was the Pass Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maine's QB did a pretty good job in getting the ball out quickly, but most of the time there was no one close to him. There were a few hurries, but I don't remember any sacks. They were solid against the run, but if the DL doesn't generate a pass rush it's going to be a long year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maine's QB did a pretty good job in getting the ball out quickly, but most of the time there was no one close to him. There were a few hurries, but I don't remember any sacks. They were solid against the run, but if the DL doesn't generate a pass rush it's going to be a long year.

Its our bend dont break defensive philosophy. We don't attack, we contain. I'm not endorsing the approach, just calling it like I see it.

Reaction Score
I actually think that was intentional. Whacky Bob thought he could win with his base defense and that's what we ran. No blitzes, very little by way of stunts. And really for all their sloppy play they only gave up 14 points and stopped Maine when it counted. Blocked a figgy and pressured the other miss. Held Maine to 40 yards rushing and something like 7 in the 2nd half. They didn't play great but they were not why that game was close. A competent offensive performance and it's a comfortable win.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Saw a better pass rush from Foley and MM on the interior line. The ends weren't getting any pressure

Reaction Score
We got good pressure considering we only use our down linemen for pressure. If he would blitz a few times there is no question there would be sacks . Bob just really fears the big play but it seems like we are still giving up the big plays playing conservative so why not blitz

Reaction Score
BL mentioned this in his write up. it is a concern. Lets hope Stapelton, Ormsley (?) or even a blitzing Diggs can turn the heat up. It will be critical here on out.

Maybe not so much for the Navy game but UConn needs to pressure the passer.

Reaction Score
Maybe he out to try a little press coverage when you are playing a team without their top WR.

Unreal to give them so much room to break our SU zone coverage.

Reaction Score
Sending 3 guys, two of whom are defensive tackles is not a way to rush the passer. In a conference stocked with offensive minded coaches we will see how this Diaco philosophy works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom