Where is The American? | The Boneyard

Where is The American?

Reaction Score
With Houston ranked #5 in the country, I'm surprised the AAC doesn't get a mention - they're really not better than the Missouri Valley conference, really?

Even more surprising is that Andy doesn't mention UConn at all in his Big East discussion. He calls Villanova and Creighton two Final Four contenders, and we lost to Creighton in OT. When he lists tournament teams, we aren't on the list. I hope it's just an oversight.

Reaction Score
You can play a good team close but you really need to build up a body of work to climb the rankings.

Reaction Score
Already discussed in the linked thread below. Villanova fans might not see things for a few days but here on the Boneyard we're on top of everything very quickly. :)

Editor's note: Katz emailed us right after this was published with a mea culpa. He meant to include the American Athletic Conference, led by Houston at 7-0 and No. 5 in the AP Poll. "Bad on my part!" Katz said.

Reaction Score
If the editor’s note is real it’s hilarious. Forgot about the AAC.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can't hate on the AAC. Best football conference we were ever in, and an improving hoops league. We let them down, we didn't carry our weight, we sucked. Although we did bring them the only four national titles the league owns.

I'm happy to be in the Big East, I wish the American well

Katz not mentioning UCONN in his Big East analysis totally discredits him

Reaction Score
I can't hate on the AAC. Best football conference we were ever in, and an improving hoops league. We let them down, we didn't carry our weight, we sucked. Although we did bring them the only four national titles the league owns.

Yeah....no.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He literally states that he’s placing emphasis on the top teams and doesn’t mention the AAC which has a top 5 team and 2 top 25 teams and the penny horror show. It’s like he was trying to troll the conference.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah! The AAC might also be in that 8-12 range. I forgot about them.

Reaction Score

Best football conference we have ever been in? What about the Bid East with Miami, Virginia Tech. BC, Syracuse and Pitt?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The BE used to be the actual 6th power football conference with a bowl auto bid. it didnt need to wave flags around to try and convince people it was part of the "P6"
Ok, they just sucked on the field

Reaction Score
Ok, they just sucked on the field
tough loss for cincy, close but no cigar. couldnt beat the 4th best SEC team yet they shoulda made the CFP? lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Georgia might be the 2nd best SEC team. Florida looked terrible against Oklahoma. Watching bama roll ND and think the sooners would have been a better game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom