Where Are We Ranked This Week? | The Boneyard

Where Are We Ranked This Week?

Where Do We End Up This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Purdue is still #1 with the best resume and best player in college ball. Kansas is easily #2 because they beat us. We slide in at #3 but Duke is rising like a bad moon thanks to a great coach and very talented team.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if we can stay in the top 5 until Clingan gets back.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I expect Purdue to beat us out by 1-2 votes.

Reaction Score
The Athletic has Purdue #1 and we are second for what that's worth.
1705333653285.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Purdue has beat some good teams, and definitely has a claim to being the #1 team in the country, but I think a 16 point in-conference loss should affect your ranking. They're a 2 loss team, it's not like they're head and shoulders above anyone

Reaction Score
Purdue has beat some good teams, and definitely has a claim to being the #1 team in the country, but I think a 16 point in-conference loss should affect your ranking. They're a 2 loss team, it's not like they're head and shoulders above anyone

We have a 15 point road loss to a worse (KP) ranked Seton Hall. And we didn’t move the next week. The only separator is a “quality loss” at Kansas vs Purdue’s at Northwestern. Although Purdue has 6 quad 1 wins vs our 4.

Reaction Score
Trying to be somewhat objective, Purdue still belongs at #1 due to its ridiculous OOC, we’re #2, Kansas is #3, and Houston is #4 or 5. The Hawks loss is worse than either of the Coogs losses but two in one week is a bad look for a team that is already questionable.

UNC moves into whichever spot Houston doesn’t take and Duke is right behind because voters are too dumb to understand that getting pushed at home by a mediocre GT team isn’t good.

Reaction Score
We have a 15 point road loss to a worse (KP) ranked Seton Hall. And we didn’t move the next week. The only separator is a “quality loss” at Kansas vs Purdue’s at Northwestern. Although Purdue has 6 quad 1 wins vs our 4.
The main reason we didn't move is because a bunch of teams that had a chance to pass us (Marquette, Creighton, Oklahoma, Baylor, Arizona, etc) also lost that week, and 3-loss Tennessee still came very close to passing us up. I'm not trying to take away anything from Purdue, they've been great and made the most of a tough out of conference schedule for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how much that 3-day stretch in November says about Purdue come tournament time. I don't think they're gonna have a ton of problems in their conference.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Trying to be somewhat objective, Purdue still belongs at #1 due to its ridiculous OOC, we’re #2, Kansas is #3, and Houston is #4 or 5. The Hawks loss is worse than either of the Coogs losses but two in one week is a bad look for a team that is already questionable.

UNC moves into whichever spot Houston doesn’t take and Duke is right behind because voters are too dumb to understand that getting pushed at home by a mediocre GT team isn’t good.

If you have Houston in your Top 5, you lose a bunch of credibility.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I want to speak #1 into existence, and it should bet that way, but I wouldn't be surprised with 2. Remember when we got blasted by Seton Hall but didn't drop? We lost 218 points, which kept us at #5 but put us really close to 6

Purdue is 231 points above us right now. They got blasted by Nebraska, and Nebraska is higher Kenpom and NET than Seton Hall. They might have enough of a cushion to keep them above us

UCF beating Kansas also moved them to #75 NET, which makes that a Q1 loss. But they have less of a cushion (146 points ahead of us) and they are the worst of the 3 teams that beat Purdue/Kansas/UConn

Reaction Score
Katz has us at #1. Link. Does he get a vote?

BTW, can anyone explain the NET rankings? (Particularly how Alabama and it's 2-5 Q1 record are so high.) It honestly seems like they reward good losses more than wins.

Reaction Score
Katz has us at #1. Link. Does he get a vote?

BTW, can anyone explain the NET rankings? (Particularly how Alabama and it's 2-5 Q1 record are so high.) It honestly seems like they reward good losses more than wins.
it's a pseudo-efficiency metric....so it doesn't consider wins/losses very much. Moreso margin and quality of opponent.

Reaction Score
Parrish still has at #2 (link), but at least he has some nice things to say about Danny and what the team is doing without DC.

Reaction Score
The main reason we didn't move is because a bunch of teams that had a chance to pass us (Marquette, Creighton, Oklahoma, Baylor, Arizona, etc) also lost that week, and 3-loss Tennessee still came very close to passing us up. I'm not trying to take away anything from Purdue, they've been great and made the most of a tough out of conference schedule for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how much that 3-day stretch in November says about Purdue come tournament time. I don't think they're gonna have a ton of problems in their conference.
Purdue has 2 tough road games this week IU and Iowa. If UConn sweeps this week they are definitely #1 team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom