when will the coaching staff officially... | The Boneyard

when will the coaching staff officially...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
When contracts are signed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is it even fully filled out yet? I know we are mostly there but thought we had another spot or two to fill...

Reaction Score
When contracts are signed.
According to a couple different posts made over the weekend, it appears that contracts have already been signed by at least V. Brown and A. Poindexter. I would imagine they've been signed by the others as well. The last thing you want as HC is for word to get out publicly, as it has, and then have your choices poached by another program. So you get they signed up ASAP, regardless of when the official announcement is made. UConn and Diaco are likely waiting until all the "Ts" are crossed and "Is" dotted. That likely includes them being able to wrap up affairs at their old jobs and make the trek to Storrs. Hopefully they'll have a presser to introduce most, or even all, of them at the same time, which would offer some nice exposure for the program. Short of that, I would expect official announcements this week, most likely by mid-week.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's 99% a great article but that "loyalty be damned" line was strikingly out of place when the rest of the article shows how measured he was in making his decision.

Reaction Score
Contacted by HCBD 3 or 4 weeks ago..... Warde you sly devil!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's 99% a great article but that "loyalty be damned" line was strikingly out of place when the rest of the article shows how measured he was in making his decision.
I think that line was from the author and not Poindexter. In fact, I can't see AP ever making that comment. Nice interview overall and it just shows how difficult his departure from UVA, and his home state, was for him. But his responses sure make him sound like a real high quality guy!

Reaction Score
I really like the last 2 hires: Poindexter and Brown.

Some of the other hires, I am not totally in love with but HCBD knows much more than I so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think that line was from the author and not Poindexter. In fact, I can't see AP ever making that comment. Nice interview overall and it just shows how difficult his departure from UVA, and his home state, was for him. But his responses sure make him sound like a real high quality guy!
Yah absolutely was a line from the author and not AP - but that's why I thought it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Reaction Score
Yah absolutely was a line from the author and not AP - but that's why I thought it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Since it was from the writer who follows UVA football, it sounds like a bit of sour grapes. Notice how he also took a little shot at UConn with his line about how AP and his family "arrived in the frozen city of Storrs". :rolleyes: Geez... the average low temps in the months of Dec, Jan and Feb are only 6, 9 & 7 degrees lower, respectively, in Storrs than Charlottsville. That's hardly enough to characterize the cooler area as "frozen"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom