What was rush accepting Cobb commitment? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What was rush accepting Cobb commitment?

Reaction Score
I don't know, I've watched the majority of games this tourney and I feel like every team has at least 3-4 guys who are 6-8+ 230+ and tough. We have one (Enoch) and he's soft as hell. Vance and Kenton might be listed there, but they are soft too. I'm digging the idea of a guy who is 6-10 280 throwing his weight around and being able to slam someone with a screen. Bare minimum, I think this was a solid signing as we need someone with some toughness and a bird in the hand... This is not a guy who was a nobody. He was a 4 star signee with P5 offers out of high school and now. Considering the make-up of our team going further, I actually think Cobb is a better choice compared to a one year mercenary. No offence to Miller at all, but in a lot of ways we would have been better served having Facey play more last year so he could have (conceivably) been even better this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I remember the time they flat-out refused to recruit Diamond Stone, Abdul-Malik Abu, Jessie Govan, and Zach Brown because they thought Brimah, Facey and Enoch were all superior.
Have you been watching mid major teams in the tournament? Because if you haven't you missed a lot of talented players that weren't named Diamond Stone. There are a lot of choices out there and the ones they chose for us were not very good.

Reaction Score
I don't know, I've watched the majority of games this tourney and I feel like every team has at least 3-4 guys who are 6-8+ 230+ and tough. We have one (Enoch) and he's soft as hell. Vance and Kenton might be listed there, but they are soft too. I'm digging the idea of a guy who is 6-10 280 throwing his weight around and being able to slam someone with a screen. Bare minimum, I think this was a solid signing as we need someone with some toughness and a bird in the hand... This is not a guy who was a nobody. He was a 4 star signee with P5 offers out of high school and now. Considering the make-up of our team going further, I actually think Cobb is a better choice compared to a one year mercenary. No offence to Miller at all, but in a lot of ways we would have been better served having Facey play more last year so he could have (conceivably) been even better this year.
Good points. I agree w everything u said. Facey would have been served well. We really need Durham or Diarra to be useful or I think we will have trouble rebounding. Hope this guy can help.

Reaction Score
Good points. I agree w everything u said. Facey would have been served well. We really need Durham or Diarra to be useful or I think we will have trouble rebounding. Hope this guy can help.

I have a bizarre optimism/expectation that Enoch will be a very solid center for us next year. I think he is very close to being a 12 and 7 guy. If Durham and Diarra can be closer to 100% they should give us another element. Durham is very talented, but is too timid/weak/scared to trust himself just yet. Understandable. Diarra, on paper, is the guy that we have missed for many years. That undersized, tough "warrior" type who overachieves. Those guys destroy us on a daily basis (see Gary Clark and every big man on SMU over the last 5 years).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom