What it looked like from 108 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What it looked like from 108

Reaction Score
Agreed on the bold especially. Larrier needs to be at the 3 as often as possible, and when we go three guards, he should probably be on the pine, as he was at the end of the game last night. We play 3 guards too much anyway. Polley should be getting some of Anderson's minutes, and I think you could play Larrier at the 4 with Polley at the 3.
Polley came in at the end for Whalley, it was a foul shooting move. Polley is definitely playing below his skill level right now. He simply is incapable of making a shot. He needs to find a way to make a lay up, get a put back or draw a foul.

Reaction Score
Anderson - I think this kid gets a bad rap on this board, man. He's tough, he's experienced, and he isn't afraid to have the ball in his hands. He obviously has his limitations and shouldn't be playing so many minutes if not for the Gilbert injury, but there aren't too many programs in the country that are too good to have Antoine Anderson on the team. He could absolutely play for sweet sixteen team x as a reserve in the tournament.

Anderson is the type of guy that can't win you the game, but he can lose it if he shoots 0/8. That being said, he brings positives in most areas, especially his FT shooting and on ball defense.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anderson is the type of guy that can't win you the game, but he can lose it if he shoots 0/8. That being said, he brings positives in most areas, especially his FT shooting and on ball defense.
I’m so conflicted on Anderson at winning time. He’s a 90% FT shooter but his dribbling terrifies me.

Reaction Score
Another great post. I prefer your long form posts over most of the content that comes out of the Courant, Register, Day, or ADB... so thanks for writing them for whatever that's worth.

Agree on most points here. The last two games have essentially confirmed what I've thought from the beginning of the season:
1. This team had two guys who had played together before, and a whole lot of unknowns outside of that. Any expectations that we'd be very good were predicated on a lot of things going right. They did not go right for most of this year.
2. The schedule we played over the first 14 games was very hard, a team that doesn't know how to play together didn't stand a chance of coming out of that gauntlet in one piece. And we didn't. But we have not lost to any bad teams, so that's something. I wish we could fix the margins in those wins and losses, that created quite the optics issue and really affects measurements like KenPom and BPI.
3. If we could keep the players from this year's squad mostly together for next year, we'd should be back in the national spotlight (finally).

I know Larrier and JA said they were gonna bounce after this year, but Larrier just seems like he's bound to break out and be a star, it's just a matter of time. If he sticks around another year he could be a first round pick. When he knocks in those face up jumpers or cans another 14 footer I just know he's built to be a star. But he needs to fully recover from his injury mentally and get his handle back.

JA could easily be a first rounder as well in 19. That would be a good look for the program, two guys going in first round who stuck it out with KO. If they both bounce and put their names in the draft this year, they probably go to the G League, and we could be right back where we are now in 18-19 with an inexperienced backcourt and no chemistry for most of the season. GOTTA break that trend to get the program back on track.

Reaction Score
That is what my eyes tell me as well. It is justified to an extent, he almost had basketball taken away from him with the knee. He watched as Gilbert had basketball taken away from him for a second straight year. But if he wants to make the NBA (and I believe he has the skills) he needs to add some toughness to his game around the rim. But it ain't physical, it fear.
Anyone notice that when Larrier moves beyond th arc his shot changes noticeably. Much flatter almost like he is worried he won’t getit there. And it can be a difference of only a few inches inside or outside the line.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The view from Winthrop Blvd was one of high frustration. Thrilled with the victory and happy about that, but just soooooo sloppy still. I feel like we won because UCF shot worse than we did and did not seem to want to get the ball into Fall. The careless one handed passes, of which there were many, Adams dribbling into a crowd, Anderson trying to dribble through the press instead of pass. I should keep track of how many times I scream at the TV as a a bar for how their play is.
Offensively the ball just gets constantly deflated (not in the Brady way). Pass, hold it. Pass hold it. 10 seconds left, try 1 on 1 and throw up junk. I feel like when we get assists, the team plays better. Too often with the 1 on 1 play we are throwing up garbage contested shots.
On a positive, I'm still liking the young guys. Carlton had a tough task yesterday, so he gets a pass from me. Nobody can cover 7'6", let alone a 6'9" freshman. Whaley has shown an ability to block shots over the course of a few games now. He brings energy and plays good but not great D. Diarra also does well around the hoop. He gets in good position to receive passes and usually dunks them home. I'd like to see more of Polley. He looked good early on in the season and I can't help but wonder what happened. Would like to see a little more again so I can try to figure out if we have anything there (for this season).

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Since I've been asking for less AA I'll say he had an ok game last night. A couple of nice penetrations for a score and a nice assist. 0 of 2 from 3, 2 asst/2 TOs. He played 27 minutes which is down from the 30+ he had been playing. KO is not going to play AA any less. He loves three guard lineups. So be it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Polley came in at the end for Whalley, it was a foul shooting move. Polley is definitely playing below his skill level right now. He simply is incapable of making a shot. He needs to find a way to make a lay up, get a put back or draw a foul.

He doesn't play. So when he comes in, he tries to make an impact to earn more minutes, but he just shoots himself in the foot. Part of being a young player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom