What is with this 2024 SUNJ developing recruiting story? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is with this 2024 SUNJ developing recruiting story?

Reaction Score
Man F Buttgers. I could give a rip about any of them on staff there, we go head to head a bunch in recruiting.

Reaction Score
RU the sleeping Giant?…maybe ..we sure keep hearing it. Heck, it Was supposed to happen when Fred Hill went there. One day they will be good, I guess..

They Choked away a season by going 3-7 and then losing to Hofstra. And then lost one of its better players to transfer you guys. and that coach somehow saw the season slip away while Spencer (according to as big an RU fan as I know) just didn’t get off enough perimeter shots. His percentage was not the issue. But going like 2-5, 1-3 etc is not going to cut it. He Hit more than 2 from deep one time in those last 10 games before selection Sunday disappointment. That kid needed to get off more shots. it ain’t like they had 6 other scorers who could pick up the slack. Some of that may be the kid…but, He is adamant that Pikiell deserves every bit of heat for that team’s failure.

Reaction Score
"I'm recruiting Ohio, I'm recruiting Michigan," Pikiell pointed out. "And I've got a shot at getting these kids, because they know the Big Ten. Maybe Michigan's not recruiting them for basketball, but they're pretty good players, we can jump right in there as a Big Ten program."

"And now," he added, "we go all the way to the West Coast."

"He's a great kid, he can really shoot the basketball," Pikiell said of Spencer. "He's got a good toughness about him. When he first came here, everyone questioned, 'Can he play at this level?' Early on, he struggled a little bit. Once he figured it out, he was a good player."

Spencer is also a deft passer with a high basketball IQ. He may not be known for the in-your-face defense Hurley loves, but that may not be as necessary on a deep UConn squad.

"I had to have him do a lot of things," Pikiell noted. "We don't have as many guys as UConn does. We're still not as sexy as UConn is. We're getting a little sexier, so we can attract some more of those guys."

In Chrome right click and click on "Open link in incognito window". Webpage archive is down. Seems to happen to me a lot.

Reaction Score
"I'm recruiting Ohio, I'm recruiting Michigan," Pikiell pointed out. "And I've got a shot at getting these kids, because they know the Big Ten. Maybe Michigan's not recruiting them for basketball, but they're pretty good players, we can jump right in there as a Big Ten program."

"And now," he added, "we go all the way to the West Coast."

"He's a great kid, he can really shoot the basketball," Pikiell said of Spencer. "He's got a good toughness about him. When he first came here, everyone questioned, 'Can he play at this level?' Early on, he struggled a little bit. Once he figured it out, he was a good player."

Spencer is also a deft passer with a high basketball IQ. He may not be known for the in-your-face defense Hurley loves, but that may not be as necessary on a deep UConn squad.

"I had to have him do a lot of things," Pikiell noted. "We don't have as many guys as UConn does. We're still not as sexy as UConn is. We're getting a little sexier, so we can attract some more of those guys."

In Chrome right click and click on "Open link in incognito window". Webpage archive is down. Seems to happen to me a lot.
Alternate access:

UConn graduate, CT native Steve Pikiell has Rutgers men's basketball on the rise: 'Exciting time'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom