What is the ceiling? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What is the ceiling?

Reaction Score
I'm sure he would have, but people also tend to romanticize those older teams. Sanogo is a better player than Voskuhl was. That being said I don't know how you can say this team is better than 1999.

It's way too early to get into how good this team is. All I know is they are really good.
Agree overall but Jake was a much better defender. On the other end Sanogo much better scoring, but not setting picks. Jake was a very valuable piece to a really good Husky team. I know they doubled down to stop Brand but usually Jake was fine one on one defensively. And he could pass from the post and top of the key. Always to me one of most underrated Huskies of all time as he proved in his long pro career. So in the long run I don’t see Sanogo being a lot better, and maybe not as valuable?

Reaction Score
Agree overall but Jake was a much better defender. On the other end Sanogo much better scoring, but not setting picks. Jake was a very valuable piece to a really good Husky team. I know they doubled down to stop Brand but usually Jake was fine one on one defensively. And he could pass from the post and top of the key. Always to me one of most underrated Huskies of all time as he proved in his long pro career. So in the long run I don’t see Sanogo being a lot better, and maybe not as valuable?
Jake was a tremendous screener and passer and was not a ball stopper inside. Those skills kept him in the pros. He got the ball to open players.

If Sanogo could improve in those areas, it would help him and the team.

Obviously, Sanogo is a vastly better offensive player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s missing entirely.
2DEBB14C-3000-4E77-A2F6-4C578FAB176E.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think this team is very good, very deep, but beyond Bama, I don’t think they’ve gotten really tested yet. The ceiling is clear, but the floor is harder. Sweet 16 would barely be enough after the last few seasons March dismissal.

We won’t play Purdue, Duke, zags, zona, Houston, but Creighton will be a good test. We might have done with stronger OOC games, which is surprising bc PKI looked stacked at first. Someone pointed to vicious lockdown on ball defenders, and I don’t know who has them, but that could be a bad fit.

Tip my hat to Hurley for tearing apart the back court and putting it back together this well — very bold and prescient.

Reaction Score
Yes they will loose more than one.

How did you come up with the statement meaning they were going to only loose one? Or you just trying to be cool ?

Why don’t you read it again and comprehend.
The point was when they loose a game how they bounce back.
Kenpom only projects UConn to lose one game for the rest of the regular season, Creighton by one point on February 11.

Reaction Score
All the championship teams were talented. This team is the most talented 1 - 12. They can press you all day long with a different 5 and any one of the five can score.

That 2005-2006 team was very talented. It still gnaws at me.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
That 2005-2006 team was very talented. It still gnaws at me.
Yeah, that never left me. A disappointment that has lingered for all these years since.

Reaction Score
One for the thumb!
That’s my theme for this season. We’re gonna get better and better, and we are winning it all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom