What is the #1 on the court shortcoming... | The Boneyard

What is the #1 on the court shortcoming...

Reaction Score
...........we need to correct to challenge for the national championship. I have my opinion. What is yours?

Reaction Score
Start drawing more fouls. More penetrating to draw fouls and then kick when it's open instead of settling for threes by default. The schemes are giving us threes, and we're a good shooting team so we take them. But we're not getting the attrition and physicality against the other team

Reaction Score
We're two dimensional. We only feed it into Sanogo and take a bunch of threes. We don't have anyone that can drive to the basket effectively.
Yeah not really sure who gets the ball for the last play of the game at this point. I guess it goes to Sanogo depending on the matchup--different than we're used to as UConn fans.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
@auror, we shoot 20.8 per game barring the Xavier game so maybe just feels like it after that game? Don't get me wrong I love drawn fouls since they are all upside.

I'll go with ball care - too many weak turnovers. When your pass is so lazy I can see it being intercepted before it leaves your hands there is a problem. I hate the lazy style of dribbling refs allow and I think that continues into other aspects of play - the announcers today were talking about it today in fact, like how you do one thing informs how you do everything. Dribble with a purpose.

That or not enough options at the 4, I love Karaban but he can't play 35+mins all season long.

Reaction Score
What tcf15 just said, and We need to run more P&R with Clingan since we don’t have a capable guard to dribble drive and attack the rims.

Reaction Score
It’s been the lack of slashing to the rim all year. It honestly seems like every team we play drives significantly more. Castle will bring that a lot. But not sure we can get it going much this season. The quick guys we have (Andre and Hawk) either are scared to go all the way to the rim, or aren’t strong enough to do so. It’s a big weakness in the half court, because as I said in another thread, it seems we only really have 2 consistent options on offense, Adama post up or 3.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think we're all on the same page, we lack the ability for someone to take their man off the dribble to the basket, especially from the PG position. Pretty darn good though that this is the only thing I really see as a weakness. It's offset by a huge string of strengths that makes us one of the best teams in the country, I'm loving every minute of it!

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with any of the above posts, but over the past few games, being undefeated seemed to stunt our growth. Losing may have lifted a weight off our shoulders and free us to become an even better team. I also think tournament formats, where there's less time off between games, play to our strengths -- most teams are a band of five; we're more of an orchestra.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with any of the above posts, but over the past few games, being undefeated seemed to stunt our growth. Losing may have lifted a weight off our shoulders and free us to become an even better team. I also think that tournament formats bring play to our strengths -- most teams are a band of five; we're an orchestra.
We need to incorporate the bench more than we did, especially with how Newton and AK played.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is too easily exploitable on the defensive end, and there is no elite ball handler currently enrolled at UConn. At least from what I've seen so far this year, anyway.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is too easily exploitable on the defensive end, and there is no elite ball handler currently enrolled at UConn. At least from what I've seen so far this year, anyway.
Get Castle in here for the 2nd semester!

Reaction Score
I agree it's penetration. And it doesn't have to come from the PG. Just get the defense moving their feet.

Also, before when the ball was going into Sanogo and Clingan, they other guys were really moving and spacing well. Didn't see so much of that today.

Another reason why Jackson can't jack 12 3's in a game and get T's to put him in foul trouble (not today thankfully), but he may be the best at getting by his defender when they come out.

Reaction Score
Can't solve the PG problem this year, but we get burned too many times when Sanogo tries to hedge - leaves the paint open for easy lay ups. Whaley did it last year - but he was exceptional. Adama needs to stay home.

I think we also need to play Clingan and Sanogo together once in a while - today would have provided a good opportunity to try it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom