• Business owner

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Healthcare

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Insurance

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Trades (Construction, electrical, boat building, etc.)

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Marketing/Advertising

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • IT

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Finance

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Operations/Management

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Food service

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
It seems to me that everyone on the ol' 'Yard is a lawyer or teacher. I'd like to see how true or untrue that perception is. Choose the industry you work on below, or comment if your field isn't included. If you're retired, choose whatever you spent the bulk of your career doing.

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Edit: Apparently I can edit the poll response options, so if your field isn't included, let me know and I'll add it. You can change your response, so feel free to do so as the list of choices evolves.
I wonder what Get a Job does?? Guessing Executive Recruiter

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Right now: Pictures. Tomorrow, probably numbers. Do more numbers than I do numbers from pictures, numbers that I also turn into pictures. Rarely get to do just pictures. But if I do this picture well enough it will be in Science. I got a picture into Cell many years ago, going for Nature next. (Scientists want articles, I settle for pictures.)

Reaction Score
I formulate natural meat-based dog and cat foods and meal mixes; teach veterinarians how to formulate; conduct leading-edge research about the dog's gut microbes including testing compost virome transfers (similar to fecal virome transfers (FVT); and, in conjunction with the virome transfers, I am developing natural fiber alternatives for dogs (I work closely with leading vets on this). Semi retired, but work 30 hours per week.

This is super interesting. There seems t9 be a ton of misinformation on dog food out there re: grain free, which meats etc. Etc. I know I'm in over my head and just had to go with my vets recommendation.

I swear I spend more on dog food than anything else. My dogs are 120 and 80lbs, get a ton of exercise and get no human food.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Municipal Planning and Zoning Administrator.

The serious post.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Teacher. Assistant principal in 2023 if I play my cards right.

My dad occasionally posts on my account--he's a boat builder.

I do not teach woodshop but if any of you have a bunch of money and want a custom made boat under like 30 feet, hit me up lol.
Your dad is Casey Cochran?

I’m glad you decided to be a teacher before going to be an admin. Smart to aim for assistant principal too?

Reaction Score
Your dad is Casey Cochran?

I’m glad you decided to be a teacher before going to be an admin. Smart to aim for assistant principal too?

Not quite haha.

Straight to superintendent for me. Maybe state commissioner--haven't decided yet.

Reaction Score
Multiple Hats: Registered Structural Engineer, Construction Manager/Owner Representative on major construction projects, Licensed General Contractor

Reaction Score
Multiple Hats: Registered Structural Engineer, Construction Manager/Owner Representative on major construction projects, Licensed General Contractor

Architect, 45 years.
Where do you guys work? I used to work for SLAM Collaborative, but have been out of the state for many years.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Retired IT -- Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Mining
In 2008 I was awarded a national award for manufacturing for a quality analysis application I designed, developed and implemented which resulted in $40 million dollar savings in one year. Six years later a new vice president said I was making too much and should be replaced with a new college graduate. bye bye.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm a non-attorney who has carved out a nice living working on retainer.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
CFO at an automotive parts manufacturing / electrochemical plating company.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
This is super interesting. There seems t9 be a ton of misinformation on dog food out there re: grain free, which meats etc. Etc. I know I'm in over my head and just had to go with my vets recommendation.

I swear I spend more on dog food than anything else. My dogs are 120 and 80lbs, get a ton of exercise and get no human food.
Thank you
Dogs should get table scraps, as long as less than 10% by weight of their entire diet. Fresh left over vegetables are great for them, fully proven in the science. Dogs need fiber varieties to feed their gut microbes properly.
Pay NO attention to the old myths taught to us by the $1billion in advertising, primarily from Purina. The two worst dog food myths are never change the dog's food (dogs need variety just as much as humans do) and never give table scraps.

Reaction Score
Thank you
Dogs should get table scraps, as long as less than 10% by weight of their entire diet. Fresh left over vegetables are great for them, fully proven in the science. Dogs need fiber varieties to feed their gut microbes properly.
Pay NO attention to the old myths taught to us by the $1billion in advertising, primarily from Purina. The two worst dog food myths are never change the dog's food (dogs need variety just as much as humans do) and never give table scraps.

My dogs get peaches, mango, and some green veggies with her food at times. Thanks for the tips!

The rottweiler would do anything for a piece of a peach. He comes running as soon as I open the fruit drawer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom