What if we get better as the season progresses? | The Boneyard

What if we get better as the season progresses?

Reaction Score
Hawkins improves the mid range game and gets stronger with the ball.
Point Guard (by committee) controls the sets and makes some shots.
Karaban gets more comfortable against top tier athletes.
Sonogo makes a run at player of the year.
Jackson figures out a floater in the lane.
Johnson comes back and looks legit.

Etc……

Reaction Score
That’s kind of the idea…

Our competition will be getting better as the season progresses as well.

But yes if we shore up all of our weaknesses and hit our absolute ceiling then I don’t see how anyone could beat us.

Reaction Score
Hawkins improves the mid range game and gets stronger with the ball.
Point Guard (by committee) controls the sets and makes some shots.
Karaban gets more comfortable against top tier athletes.
Sonogo makes a run at player of the year.
Jackson figures out a floater in the lane.
Johnson comes back and looks legit.

Etc……
You forgot, how many more NBA scouts come to watch Clingan as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
They have to get better. Way too many turnovers last night that made their offense sloppy. West Virginia best those guys by 30 and honestly with a better offensive showing we should’ve hammered them.

But just keep winning though all that matters.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of course this team will get better. Collectively and individually.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In all candor I'll be a little angry if we don't improve as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
So, I go over to ESPN to Men's Basketball to eagerly read about how UConn pulverized a good opponent- except, they aren't in any headline or featured story. They are listed in the scores of the day, both across the top and also further down in the other section where the day's game scores are listed. But the first story is about why North Carolina has fallen so much. No mention of the UConn victory in the Top Headlines section at the right, either. ESPN just doesn't seem to want to mention UConn much unless absolutely necessary.

Reaction Score
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
So, I go over to ESPN to Men's Basketball to eagerly read about how UConn pulverized a good opponent- except, they aren't in any headline or featured story. They are listed in the scores of the day, both across the top and also further down in the other section where the day's game scores are listed. But the first story is about why North Carolina has fallen so much. No mention of the UConn victory in the Top Headlines section at the right, either. ESPN just doesn't seem to want to mention UConn much unless absolutely necessary.
We aren't an ESPN property. We belong to the competition - FOX.

Reaction Score
Some of these will get better, and some may not. We should be able to do very well in BE play without anything changing. March is when it matters

Hawkins midrange game will likely get better because he’s a knockdown shooter and we get him good sets. His ball handling likely will not, because it’s very hard to fix that within 3 months in the middle of the season.

PGs making some shots might happen. We know Newton can take over a game, we’ve seen it twice this season. I doubt Diarra starts hitting shots, we know who we recruited.

Karaban might get more comfortable playing against size, but you can’t comfort your way out of being physically outmatched. He’s a very smart player so he’ll need to find other ways to impact the game

Sanogo will make a run for POY

Similar to Hawkins’ handle, I don’t think Andre can suddenly figure out that floater in the next 3 months. He’ll hopefully take a lot just to make the defense respect it. He’ll make a few, miss a lot more. But having the threat opens up the paint

I hope Samson comes back legit. He’d be a solid piece to help Karaban against the more athletic bigs. Hopefully he’s healthy soon

Reaction Score
Simple. We have no more games on ESPN this year. Their rival Fox does our games. It's about the money.

Reaction Score
Simple. We have no more games on ESPN this year. Their rival Fox does our games. It's about the money.
Was it about money when ESPN chose BC, Pitt, Cuse, and Louisville for conference invites, and left UConn to die?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sanogo will make a run for POY

He definitely will be in the conversation. The only reason he may not get it is that everyone thought his usage rate would need to be much higher as the focus of this years offense which would allow for some more gaudy numbers. We are just so deep and so varied in our ways to win, he doesn't need to be. Talk about having the nicest "problem" you could imagine. He is having a great season anyway, and an incredibly efficient one compared to last season. If someone else in the league goes off it is possible that Adama doesn't win it because of that, but I think he will be right there.

Reaction Score
You're self inflicted disappointment is going to ESPN for anything

Reaction Score
The guard play has been underwhelming. UConn needs to cleanup that area if they want to have a chance play far into March.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Just wait until guys like Alleyne, Diarra, and Samson (when he comes back) get going. This team is disgusting
Not holding my breath on any of those three but if even one of them becomes a baller that will amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom