I don't even recognize some of these names

1611433326489.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What a dud.
I don't even recognize some of these names

View attachment 63854
Had Walker/Sabally/Carter stuck around it would've been a solid senior class IMO. All 3 were All Americans last year, plus there are other All Americans like Evans and Onyenwere and last year's DPOY in Richards.

Several other solid players too in Rennia Davis, Westbrook, Patterson, and Kiana Williams. Of the higher ranked kids who didn't pan out, Boothe has had health issues and hasn't ever gotten into shape or reverted back to HS form. Morris was a stud as a freshman but has had off the court issues and hasn't developed as expected. Hayes is phenomenal and currently leads the country in scoring. I'd say it was a solid HS class even if it'll be a weak WNBA draft this year.

Reaction Score
Had Walker/Sabally/Carter stuck around it would've been a solid senior class IMO. All 3 were All Americans last year, plus there are other All Americans like Evans and Onyenwere and last year's DPOY in Richards.

Several other solid players too in Rennia Davis, Westbrook, Patterson, and Kiana Williams. Of the higher ranked kids who didn't pan out, Boothe has had health issues and hasn't ever gotten into shape or reverted back to HS form. Morris was a stud as a freshman but has had off the court issues and hasn't developed as expected. Hayes is phenomenal and currently leads the country in scoring. I'd say it was a solid HS class even if it'll be a weak WNBA draft this year.
Agreed. There are some very fine players from that class, particularly if one includes the early draftees. I have no idea how someone could look at that list and even think about the word Dud.

Reaction Score
Agreed. There are some very fine players from that class, particularly if one includes the early draftees. I have no idea how someone could look at that list and even think about the word Dud.

1 Walker is one of the weaker #1s
2 Evina might get AA HM but tbd.
4 Boothe was a bust
5 Morris transferred twice. You get 1 mulligan. 2x says to me you’re a problem
6 Hayes might be scoring a lot but her team isn’t even leading conference USA.
9 Davis has been good ... until this year where Burrell has clearly surpassed her
11 Kush doesn’t even start

among the top 11 id say only Evans and Carter have performed like you’d expect from their HS rankings

Reaction Score
4 Boothe was a bust
9 Davis has been good ... until this year where Burrell has clearly surpassed her

among the top 11 id say only Evans and Carter have performed like you’d expect from their HS rankings
That's why HS rankings are meaningless to me. They're not playing against HS kids anymore, of which 90% of them will never play college ball.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say rankings are meaningless, there’s clearly SOMETHING there that qualifies them for the ranking whether it be current skill level or potential skill level... I just think some coaches get more out of higher ranked kid than others. Which is why coaching is so paramount... you can be highly ranked, and spurn the big programs by going to lower P5 where you can be the big dog in the locker room.. but you go to college to be coached and if that coach doesn’t know how to coach a player of your caliber, good luck!

If a highly ranked kid goes to Dawn, Geno, etc out of high school.. I think more often than not they’re going to at least play to their level.

Reaction Score
4 Boothe was a bust

This is the way to look at it. Did these players turn out to be as good as you expect in a normal year for their ranking position. On your list Davis at #9 might be better but even that is debatable. Also indicative of what a weak class it was is our own team's experience.

In Walker we got a player who by her junior year was very good, but certainly no big star, and her first two years in the minds of many were a disappointment. But she was the relative success story for us of that class. We recruited three others, somewhere around the 15-30 range, where you normally might get a possible starter, but you expected at a minimum to get a way above average bench player. We got transfers instead. Overall that was probably the most disappointing recruiting class for Uconn that I can remember compared to expectations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom