What does a typical 48 hours between S16 and E8 look like for a team? | The Boneyard

What does a typical 48 hours between S16 and E8 look like for a team?

Reaction Score
I guess if you are UConn or the team that won they can stay behind and watch the second game? Staff can take video live? Or they look at old video? Coaches like Hurley probably stay up most of the night looking at tape (of Illinois or last year Miami). I would guess a team meeting in the morning to go over the tape and what Hurley and staff noticed? How long could that last? An hour, more? Light practice in the afternoon? More tape after dinner?

Always been curious. How do these 48 hours looks like for a team? Thoughts?

Reaction Score
A good amount of work has already been done towards game planning for Illinois. I believe it was said Luke had the scout for SDSU, so that freed up Kimani to start scouting ISU/Illinois. Hurley obviously looks at everything too.

Thats the general model that most programs follow, maybe it’s a bit different for UConn. GA’s are probably scouting potential matchups as far as the final 4 and national championship as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_4176.jpeg

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Work…getting yelled at by wife…cleaning up dog accidents in the dining room…refereeing kids fighting over what they watch on TV…couple Jack n cokes for dinner…hockey clinic in the AM…yelled at more by wife.

Oh the team? They’re practicing.

Reaction Score
Work…getting yelled at by wife…cleaning up dog accidents in the dining room…refereeing kids fighting over what they watch on TV…couple Jack n cokes for dinner…hockey clinic in the AM…yelled at more by wife.

Oh the team? They’re practicing.
Been there, done that minus the Jack... I'm a Bourbon man myself

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Who's he bluffing? Is Hurley going to say, "they haven't watched us, this'll be a breeze"? Of course not. Illinois has watched plenty of UConn. The problem is it won't matter for them how well they've scouted

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Jay Wright talked about this in one of the talking heads segments, (He's the best analyst having been there, done that). He said the team does not watch the next game. They hit the ice baths, eat, hydrate, relaxes, sleeps. Asistant coaches watch the game and prepare the game plan. (There was a picture online on Bill Murray joining Luke as he was watching the IL/ISU game). The team's time is very regimented but essentially physically recovering in prep for the next game.

Reaction Score
The team's time is very regimented but essentially physically recovering in prep for the next game.
That is what I assumed, I was just looking for insight into how time was divided up.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
That is what I assumed, I was just looking for insight into how time was divided up.
I tried searching Google to see if I could find it. It was one of the post game segments last week where he talked about it in answer to I think Seth Davis asking. He was specific with the 2 days schedule, I'm a CPA and my brain is kinda mush right now, so that was all I could remember!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Who's he bluffing? Is Hurley going to say, "they haven't watched us, this'll be a breeze"? Of course not. Illinois has watched plenty of UConn. The problem is it won't matter for them how well they've scouted
He said he hasn't, and Danny probably hasn't watched much of Illinois; Kimani on the other hand...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom