What competition will UConn expect... | The Boneyard

What competition will UConn expect...

Reaction Score
to face in the Big East? Fox Sports analyst Kim Adams breaks down what to expect.

Hartford Courant article by Alexa Philippou.

Reaction Score
Vitas Gerulaitis beat Jimmy Conners to break an 0-16 match record against him and famously admonished the press at the after match press conference "Let that be a lesson to you. No one beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row." Doug Bruno gets 2 or 3 times a year to break his current 0 for 17 record against UConn. Under or over, UConn extends that streak to 25 or more games? I have the over.

Reaction Score
Vitas Gerulaitis beat Jimmy Conners to break an 0-16 match record against him and famously admonished the press at the after match press conference "Let that be a lesson to you. No one beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row." Doug Bruno gets 2 or 3 times a year to break his current 0 for 17 record against UConn. Under or over, UConn extends that streak to 25 or more games? I have the over.
I have the over on that too. I like Doug Bruno, but he's no Vitas Gerulaitis!

Reaction Score
UConn prepares for every opponent. There's not going to be a letdown. They've been in the Big East when it was much tougher, and the team will be much better this year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
to face in the Big East? Fox Sports analyst Kim Adams breaks down what to expect.

Hartford Courant article by Alexa Philippou.

I welcome the new competition in the BIG East conference. I'm so happy to get out of the AAC, I'm speechless. Different players, different coaches, different programs, different venues. It all makes for a new and exciting season. I hope we get to play an entire schedule this year. I look forward to seeing new faces in new places. I look forward to seeing our team jel and dominating the competition.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I welcome the new competition in the BIG East conference. I'm so happy to get out of the AAC, I'm speechless.
Different players, different coaches, different programs, different venues. It all makes for a new and exciting season. I hope we get to play an entire schedule this year. I look forward to seeing new faces in new places this year. I look forward to seeing our team jel and dominating the competition.
Will you be disappointed if UConn does not dominate?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, I would be. UCONN (in general) would dominate ANY conference including all the P5's.

Of course the Pac 12 would be the toughest (the Oregon schools, Stanford, UCLA, up and coming Arizona), and conferences that have SC or Baylor or whoever else is a legit top 5 team next season could also be a challenge, but that is based on individual teams who are also really good, not based on the rest of the conference, which wouldn't pose a threat to UCONN - IMHO.

Carnac

Reaction Score

No. Any win is a good win, even an ugly one. I’d take a 4 point win over the teams we lost to last year. Based on the talent and potential of this team, it should dominate most of the competition. UConn will be fun to watch and analyze. Win or lose, you know there will be lots of analysis by the boneyard. :cool:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I just hope they can play for the complete season. The tougher the competition, the better. It will make the TEAM tougher. We all know how last season ended(abruptly) , and you never know how much you like something until you have it no more!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I just hope they can play for the complete season. The tougher the competition, the better. It will make the TEAM tougher. We all know how last season ended(abruptly) , and you never know how much you like something until you have it no more!

Iron sharpens iron. It’s impossible to get better, and sharpen your individual and team skills playing cupcakes and twinkies. The tougher the competition the better. Be better than you were yesterday, but not as good as you’re going to be tomorrow. UConn strong.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom