What are you binge watching? | Page 64 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Continental. Started and didn't get all the way through episode 1 (needed to get to sleep, it is long). It's a John Wick prequel that tells the story of how Winston Scott (Colin Woodell) became the proprietor of the infamous hotel. It's set late 60s early 70s, with some good music (not always period), a fantastic 1969 Mustang Mach I and a look and feel that seems older and appropriate for the time. Mel Gibson does a nice job as Cormac O'Conner, who runs the Continental in this era. The casting is superb, including Ayomide Adegun as a young Charon. More miniseries than show, it seems promising if you like the world of John Wick.

Reaction Score
If there's one show you should give a chance it is 'Fargo'. It is one of the best scripted dramas of the last 20 years IMO. Stop watching at your own peril.
Fargo - The Series!
I finished Season 2 which was exceptional. The acting and storyline is great and kind of reminds me of Pulp Fiction in some ways. Cold-Blooded, for sure. Jesse Plemons, I remember he gained like 50 lbs during Breaking Bad. Kirsten Dunst, Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Bokeem Woodbine...just a great cast.

Constantly thinking of the original movie and how those actors all had the accents down. In researching, I just learned that the original woodchipper scene from the movie was based on the CT murder of Helle Crafts by her husband Richard. He was paroled in 2020. I did not know about this.

Reaction Score
Fargo - The Series!
I finished Season 2 which was exceptional. The acting and storyline is great and kind of reminds me of Pulp Fiction in some ways. Cold-Blooded, for sure. Jesse Plemons, I remember he gained like 50 lbs during Breaking Bad. Kirsten Dunst, Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Bokeem Woodbine...just a great cast.

Constantly thinking of the original movie and how those actors all had the accents down. In researching, I just learned that the original woodchipper scene from the movie was based on the CT murder of Helle Crafts by her husband Richard. He was paroled in 2020. I did not know about this.

Yeah, season 2 was really good. Season five was a masterpiece.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Got a little bit into episode 4 of Gen V. There was a scene that was just way, way too gross. I stopped, done with that series. The creators probably need psychiatric help.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Got a little bit into episode 4 of Gen V. There was a scene that was just way, way too gross. I stopped, done with that series. The creators probably need psychiatric help.
I got past that, but it is indeed too much.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
American Nightmare (Netflix) - Three hour long episode documentary about a kidnapping in CA. The perfect length to keep it interesting with a handful of plot twists along the way. Amazing story.
Been wondering about this one. I'll have to check it out.

Reaction Score
Been wondering about this one. I'll have to check it out.
Watched 'Queenpins' on NFLX last night with the wife. It was highly amusing. Not a five star movie or anything close but Kristin Bell always spices things up and she did a good job here.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Can’t binge it cause it’s rolling out episode by episode on AMC, but I’m enjoying Monsieur Spade. Clive Owen is quite good.

Reaction Score
Started a new show and sadly had to go to sleep. It was pretty binge worthy. Slow Horses on Apple+. Stars Gary Oldman as a disheveled, outcast MI5 director. Jack Lowden plays Cartwright a young agent, who is sent to the outcast bunch Oldman runs, called Slough House. Slow Horses is the name M15 has for these misfit agents. Kristin Scott Thomas is good as an M15 director at the main HQ. Olivia Stone plays Sid, a young agent also sent to Slough House, but one who isn't such an outcast. I couldn't remember how I knew the actress, but she's Alicent Hightower in the new GOT prequel. Some other name actors in smaller roles, This is quite well done, the pilot starts fast and then is slow as hell, while the whole dynamic of Slough House and the characters are introduced. But it's worth the wait and picks up after that.
Watched the first four episodes of Slow Horses. You guys have some serious street cred with The Warden. Oldman is freaking fantastic.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just watched the 1st episode of Masters of the Air. and yes, I’m hooked. The first episode spends a lot of time on the technical elements of flying a B-17 combat mission including: mission briefing, pre-flight check list, takeoff & landing, etc. The episode also deals with granular issues like landing in a strong crosswind, landing without landing gear, air sickness and so on.

The 100th does fly their first mission to attack the German U-Boat pens at Bremen and (spoiler alert) they get shot up badly, and even worse, the clouds are so thick over the target area that they are forced to scrub the mission and drop their bombs in the channel.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good thing I watched it before reading ^

Next time, use the mask icon to hide the spoiler, please.
1706426017110.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I got past that, but it is indeed too much.
There was something similar they already did in The Boys, but not quite as bad. Plus that series is just better.
This is not the type of series I would normally watch, and having had to watch enough of that episode to get to the scene in question just confirms that. However, I did want to see what the fuss was about, and I thought it was funny. It's absolutely the kind of thing that would appeal to the incel audience that watches this tripe.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fargo - The Series!

Season 2 is my favorite of Fargo. Jean Smart is fantastic as the local mob boss barely holding things together because her sons are total idiots and keep screwing up.

Reaction Score
Finished ‘Murder at the End of the World’. Reaction: Really? THAT’S the payoff????

’Brothers Sun’ on NFLX is surprisingly entertaining.
’Criminal Investigation’ on Apple TV+ is…I don’t know where this is going, series, anthology, nothing after this season….

Going to start ‘Justified: City Primevil’ and ‘Griselda’ at some point. Also looking forward to ‘Masters of the Air’.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Amazon has a new series Mr. and Mrs. Smith that is only vaguely related to the movie w/ Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. I watched the first episode. Barely made it through that. Totally boring, inane dialogue, seems to be going nowhere. Stars Donald Glover and Maya Erskine. The characters appear to have no spy craft and no particular skills to speak of, no idea why they were selected. The first five minutes had a different spy pair that was quickly killed off, played by Alexander Skarsgard and Eiza Gonzalez. Based on the first 5 minutes compared to the next 50 some minutes, they should've kept Skarsgard and Gonzalez.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Finished ‘Murder at the End of the World’. Reaction: Really? THAT’S the payoff????
Worth watching, or not?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So I looked at Rotten Tomatoes and imdb for Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Critics overwhelmingly loved it. No user reviews on RT. Only a few on imdb, totally split. Appears to be a love it or hate it kind of thing. I would certainly hope it gets better, but I don't think I'm even going to try. For me there was no hook and I have zero interest in the characters. I think that indicates a massive failure for this episode. Did a horrible job of setting the table.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I finished season 2 of The Bear. The Christmas Episode was indeed unpleasant in so many ways. Also silly to give Jaime Lee an Emmy for a single episode. The season was excellent, my one hope was that Carmy wouldn't blow it with Claire...yeah.

Reaction Score
I finished season 2 of The Bear. The Christmas Episode was indeed unpleasant in so many ways. Also silly to give Jaime Lee an Emmy for a single episode. The season was excellent, my one hope was that Carmy wouldn't blow it with Claire...yeah.
She may have been even better in the finale, the scene outside the restaurant is my favorite scene of the entire show. She wasn't eligible for an Emmy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
She may have been even better in the finale, the scene outside the restaurant is my favorite scene of the entire show. She wasn't eligible for an Emmy.
She's eligible this year. She's good. It's just a very small role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom