What are you binge watching? | Page 59 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
30 Coins. Started this on HBO. It comes from HBO Europe and is the first show from Spain I've ever seen. It's a bit odd at first, but I think there is potential for this to be quite interesting. It's in the second season, so isn't a flop. It follows a Padre Manuel Vergara in a small town, who is a boxer and had a rather tough background as he faces certain paranormal threats and a conspiracy of sorts involving the church. It's not clear to him at first, but it seems they are associated with the 30 silver coins the Romans paid Judas. Others caught up include a rather attractive veterinarian, Elena.

@CL82 my mind immediately went to the Blackened Denarius coins from the Dresdenverse, and this is a different take, but also possibly similar in ways.

Reaction Score
The Continental: From the World of John Wick
Mel Gibson, Colin Woodell, Mishel Prada
It's only 3 fairly long episodes but I thought it was great. Hadn't seen Gibson lately but he did a good job with the NY accent.
"The Continental: From the World of John Wick tells the background story of how Winston Scott, in an alternate history 1970s, came to his position as proprietor of the New York branch of "The Continental" chain of hotels, safe havens for legal assassins on the grounds of which no business may ever take place."

Reaction Score
30 Coins. Started this on HBO. It comes from HBO Europe and is the first show from Spain I've ever seen. It's a bit odd at first, but I think there is potential for this to be quite interesting. It's in the second season, so isn't a flop. It follows a Padre Manuel Vergara in a small town, who is a boxer and had a rather tough background as he faces certain paranormal threats and a conspiracy of sorts involving the church. It's not clear to him at first, but it seems they are associated with the 30 silver coins the Romans paid Judas. Others caught up include a rather attractive veterinarian, Elena.

@CL82 my mind immediately went to the Blackened Denarius coins from the Dresdenverse, and this is a different take, but also possibly similar in ways.
Ok, I watched Ep 1 last night and it's got my attention. Love the premise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I might still pick and choose a few episodes to watch, but just not sitting thru the whole thing. Or half of it. Or probably not a quarter.
So, I watch the first two episodes of moonlighting. Television production has come a long way. Still, my wife and I found it entertaining, probably due to the retro vibe of it. If I recall correctly, when moonlighting first came out I watched the first episode and didn't love it. I didn't come back to it until after the series got hot may be in the second season. So far, it's holding my attention as a once a week watch.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just started watching The Fall of the House of Usher. The guy behind it, Mike Flanagan, also did The Haunting of Hill House, which was pretty good, and Midnight Mass, which I recently watched and which was AMAZING.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The final season of Billions is really good. This show is nowhere near its peak, and the ending was just ok, but the final season was a lot of fun. It shouldn't be too hard to catch up either if you have missed a few seasons. I have used this analogy before with Billions, but this show is like the 38 year old former ace who is still a solid 4th starter in a rotation. This season was like that 4th starter going 13-6 with a 3.80 era. No longer ace material, but still impressive.

I recommend it.

Reaction Score

I haven't watched last night's episode, but I as of Friday, I was all caught up. Really liked it and Megan Montaner is a lovely.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I haven't watched last night's episode, but I as of Friday, I was all caught up. Really liked it and Megan Montaner is a lovely.
I'm way behind on it now. I started watching with my wife, so can only catch up when we both watch.

So I started another Euro show on Prime. German this time. The Gryphon. It's an interesting take on a kind of alternate place ruled by an evil being, and a family in our reality that has a historic commitment to protecting our existence from it. It's set in the 80/90ss, which is a fun choice with cool music. Central character is a 16 year old who thought his dad was insane, and his much older brother as well, then is thrust into confronting the reality of it all. A little bit of a Stranger Things vibe to it, but different. Pretty enjoyable so far.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For All Mankind is awesome too!
Finally started it this week. Helluva opening. I am happy it's linear as some of these 'alternative future' series can get confusing going back and forth.

Still in season 1 and enjoying seeing Sonya Walger in a major role. I know she's done other work in past decade, but not stuff I was really interested in. She's great here.

Cooper must have been a real piece of work IRL. Pretty much every movie/show fiction or non he comes off as an ass.

Recommended.

Reaction Score
Finally started it this week. Helluva opening. I am happy it's linear as some of these 'alternative future' series can get confusing going back and forth.

Still in season 1 and enjoying seeing Sonya Walger in a major role. I know she's done other work in past decade, but not stuff I was really interested in. She's great here.

Cooper must have been a real piece of work IRL. Pretty much every movie/show fiction or non he comes off as an ass.

Recommended.

This is one of the best shows period.

Reaction Score
Besides some of the obvious: Homeland, Better Call Saul, Peep Show, and Justified here are some really great ones:

Hanna
Deep State
Luther
Money Heist

happy viewing

My wife watched Money Heist. I thought it was terrible even stupid. I never made it through a full episode but I tried to be supportive and positive. But it was bad.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just started watching Bodies on Netflix. The premise is that 4 London detectives in different years (1890, 1941, 2023, and 2053) find the same naked body in the same location in different years. I gather the limited series is based on a DC comic book. So far, it’s pretty good. The four detectives all have distinct, and very different, personalities which makes it more interesting. I’m not sure if it’s a time travel series or what yet - when I think I know what’s going to happen, the show veers into an unexpected direction. I hope Bodies can keep up the suspense all the way through 8 episodes

I’m 3 episodes in. So far so good.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After setting it aside for a while I came back to One Piece and finished it. Pretty weird, but fairly entertaining. Nami was my favorite character.

I tried to give Sex Education another go. Got about halfway thru Ep. 2 of the last season, I just couldn't do it. I don't care about the characters anymore. It was always bizarre, but the once great story telling and dynamics between characters is gone.

Gave Fubar a go. Watched 2 eps. Decent enough. The dysfunctional family shtick could wear thin. I like Jay Baruchel...but he pretty much always plays himself. He also frequently vastly overachieves. Alice Eve and Monica Barbaro? Come on now!

Reaction Score
Columbo has all kinds of surprises. Episode 6-3 from 1977 "The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case"

Reaction Score
The Resort
On Peacock.
Cristin Milioti, William Jackson Harper, Skylar Gisondo, Nina Bloomgarden
It's an interesting and entertaining series so far. Only 8 short episodes in 2022 and I've watched 3 tonight. Lots of quick witty one liners. A drama, mystery, comedy based around a Cancun vacation resort.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2 episodes of "A Murder at the End of the World" dropped on Hulu. Definitely into it so far. Deliberate story telling and lots of flashbacks, but no problems keeping my interest. Looks like it will be weekly availability for new ep., can't binge it all at once. I was completely unfamiliar with Emma Corrin, but she's carrying the lead role well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to this. My wife loves the Godzilla movies and this looks like it will be good. Apple TV rarely disappoints.

Reaction Score
Season 2 of Reacher is coming 12/15.
I’m rewatching Reacher S1. So far it’s better than the first time I watched it awhile ago. Excited for S2. I’ve read most of the Reacher book series and wonder what book will be stressed.

Would love to see more of Neagley!

“You do not mess with the Special Investigators.”

Priceless

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’m rewatching Reacher S1. So far it’s better than the first time I watched it awhile ago. Excited for S2. I’ve read most of the Reacher book series and wonder what book will be stressed.

Priceless
Reacher to the currency guy (in their prison cell): "You should eat. You look like hell."

Currency guy: "That's because I watched you gouge a guy's eyes out."

Reacher (while taking another bite of his sandwich): "He started it."

Reaction Score

Priceless
It's based on Bad Luck & Trouble. It's the one where the members of his old squad start getting killed. The trailer looks great.

Reaction Score
It's based on Bad Luck & Trouble. It's the one where the members of his old squad start getting killed. The trailer looks great.

Man that book was great. Mainly based on the left coast, but between Neagley and his friend the slick talker (who carry’s a knife) I’m totally in. Tks

Ps. I really like Reachers ATMs

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Priceless
There is a new Reacher book out. A week or before it was due to be out I put myself on the library waiting list for it. I think I'm like number 254 or something. It's a popular series.

I wanted the Amazon Reacher series to do the books in order, but I did like "Bad Luck and Trouble" which is the book this season is based on. It gives the backstory of the 110th Special Investigation Unit which was the unit Reacher commanded. Jumping to this one also allows them to keep Neagley in the series. It lets them keep some continuity with a carryover character from last season in Neagley is a compelling character in the book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom