What are you binge watching? | Page 57 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Lucifer - The premise is simple, the devil is tired of being in hell and comes to Los Angeles for some R & R. He owns a bar, enjoys numerous human vices and has a supernatural magnetism. He meets an attractive detective and gets obsessed with crime solving (people who need to be punished). Tom Ellis is pretty charming as Lucifer Morningstar. One nice thing, the first episode will tell you if you like the series which gets more and more out there is the subsequent seasons (there are six). I especially liked the early shows.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lucifer - The premise is simple, the devil is tired of being in hell and comes to Los Angeles for some R & R. He owns a bar, enjoys numerous human vices and has a supernatural magnetism. He meets an attractive detective and gets obsessed with crime solving (people who need to be punished). Tom Ellis is pretty charming as Lucifer Morningstar. One nice thing, the first episode will tell you if you like the series which gets more and more out there is the subsequent seasons (there are six). I especially liked the early shows.
It was fun, but it started repeating itself too often. I saw it all the way through, sometimes regrettably, but overall I'd say is was more plus than minus.

Reaction Score
It was fun, but it started repeating itself too often. I saw it all the way through, sometimes regrettably, but overall I'd say is was more plus than minus.
Fair enough. But I thought Tom Ellis was a perfect piece of casting even when he was insufferable.

Reaction Score
It was good my only complaint is
Sabine finally finds Ezra and instead of telling him that they are at risk of Thrawn coming back to the main SW galaxy she's all like "I don't want to talk about it right now let's pack up your turtle groupies and waste time while the fate of the galaxy lies in the balance"
. I do like this show though. I actually went back to rebels and watched a couple of the dark lightsaber episodes in to remind me about what was going on there.
And in the finale, going after Thrawn, they move at turtle speed. Literally! LOLZ Where are the really, really fast whales when you need them?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well that I knew from Rebels, but yeah. I was thinking the bit with Anakin was pretty important
I would've preferred to find out why Thrawn is blue. We already know Anakin became Darth Vader. But I see you're good suffering teacher vs bad suffering teacher unfolding.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I am deep down a YT rabbit hole. I was looking at some vids on Uruguay and Argentina for a future trip to perhaps research whether it's where we want to settle down for our golden years. And then I found Tommy Sabbatical. And once you find Tommy Sabbatical, you're hooked. Dude has been everywhere, speaks multiple languages, and pretty much manages to navigate a crap ton of sketchy situations.

In this one, he visits "the other side of the tracks" in Rosario, Argentina, where he befriends a "backpacker" who acts as his guide through the most dangerous parts of town. Which includes Sabbatical visiting the dude's "house", an abandoned building where he and his wife mix up and smoke some paco, a local drug.

I loved Bourdain and in his time I thought he was a bit nuts on risk-taking. But Sabbatical is on a whole other level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would've preferred to find out why Thrawn is blue. We already know Anakin became Darth Vader. But I see you're good suffering teacher vs bad suffering teacher unfolding.
Well his species is blue.

The single most striking thing about Rebels is Anakin. You see what you never saw in the prequels, that this is a truly gifted, brilliant Jedi. He's a natural leader, and if you remember from Star Wars (IV) Obi-Wan calls him a cunning warrior. The Clone Wars shows that and the movies skipped over it in favor of 2 hours when he's a teen with a crush on Padmi. Dave Filoni told the story properly and is trying to do so again. I think he'll get another chance in a live action Clone Wars. It's the best, most interesting story in the whole Star Wars universe and Lucas skipped it for more Jar Jar Binks.

Thrawn hasn't met Ahsoka, but his character is all about understanding his enemies in great detail and anticipating their moves, like a chess master. Anakin was brilliant, but unpredictable. So Thrawn sees a great threat to his plans in Ahsoka. Already, the Purgil (Whales) were not something he expected her to use.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The core issue with the prequels was that Lucas saw Natalie Portman in The Professional and decided he had to find a role for her (she was awesome in that movie by the way) and a couple years later saw Lloyd in something (I hope it wasn't Jingle all the way) and then decided he'd be the perfect child Anakin. He then tried to craft a storyline where a nine year old boy and a sixteen year old girl end up being soulmates.

Among the worst parts about the prequel trilogy was how limited a role Portman had (especially in the last two), considering her acting abilities. Competing with this was the storyline being little more than fill-ins around action scenes. Very little of Anakin's backstory, especially his turning to the dark side was fully developed. There were merely mentions here and there about how his separation from his mother, and later his fear of losing Padme allowed him to be seduced by Palpatine. The prequels were a missed opportunity.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The core issue with the prequels was that Lucas saw Natalie Portman in The Professional and decided he had to find a role for her (she was awesome in that movie by the way) and a couple years later saw Lloyd in something (I hope it wasn't Jingle all the way) and then decided he'd be the perfect child Anakin. He then tried to craft a storyline where a nine year old boy and a sixteen year old girl end up being soulmates.

Among the worst parts about the prequel trilogy was how limited a role Portman had (especially in the last two), considering her acting abilities. Competing with this was the storyline being little more than fill-ins around action scenes. Very little of Anakin's backstory, especially his turning to the dark side was fully developed. There were merely mentions here and there about how his separation from his mother, and later his fear of losing Padme allowed him to be seduced by Palpatine. The prequels were a missed opportunity.
Exactly a missed opportunity. Could have been some of the greatest movies ever. The story was there and they didn't tell it. But Fioni gets it. Filoni told that story properly in Rebels.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The core issue with the prequels was that Lucas saw Natalie Portman in The Professional and decided he had to find a role for her (she was awesome in that movie by the way)
Of course she was awesome in Leon: The Professional. That entire movie was exponentially more awesome than anything with "Star Wars" attached to it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finished up The Great. It was a fun show, hope this is the end of it. Just wouldn't be the same without Hoult.

Reaction Score
Watched The Andy Warhol Diaries this week on Netflix.

Six episodes and about an hour apiece. Overall, an excellent visual documentary of Warhol's life through the narration of Warhol's diaries. It was weird that his voice was AI (isn't this is a violation of consent?) but aside from that, I found it very informative and interesting.

Reaction Score
I've been watching the fourth and final season of Sex Education on Netflix. It might be a bit YA-oriented for some, but I've enjoyed the series.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've been watching the fourth and final season of Sex Education on Netflix. It might be a bit YA-oriented for some, but I've enjoyed the series.

I thought Season 3 was a big step down in quality from the previous seasons. I watched Ep. 1 of Season 4. Not impressed at all. Has me wondering if I want to finish off the series or just stop watching.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Has anyone watched Wilderness on Amazon Prime? I watched most of the first episode, and am inclined to bail unless there's reason to believe it gets better.

Reaction Score
I thought Season 3 was a big step down in quality from the previous seasons. I watched Ep. 1 of Season 4. Not impressed at all. Has me wondering if I want to finish off the series or just stop watching.
Can't say that I really disagree with you. I finished Season 4 last night and it was meh. I enjoyed spending time with the characters one last time, but they seemed to have ratcheted up the preachiness to an 11 this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can't say that I really disagree with you. I finished Season 4 last night and it was meh. I enjoyed spending time with the characters one last time, but they seemed to have ratcheted up the preachiness to an 11 this season.
Emma Mackey is my biggest reason for liking the show, and they shipped her character off to another location where she won't be part of most of what's going on. They almost forgot about Aimee Lou Wood entirely in Season 3. Asa Butterfield and Gillian Anderson's characters are both so neurotic I can barely stand them, especially when they are interacting with each other. They are trying to help other people, and they both clearly need a lot of help themselves. Ncuti Gatwa is great. Most of the of the other secondary characters I'm not particularly interested in.

It was only 1 ep., but the new school appears to be insane. Inmates running the asylum. So over the top with the inclusivity and safe space and all that, it's like providing an education isn't even remotely a part of what the school is about.

Reaction Score
It was only 1 ep., but the new school appears to be insane. Inmates running the asylum. So over the top with the inclusivity and safe space and all that, it's like providing an education isn't even remotely a part of what the school is about.
I actually thought they were doing it satirically, but I was wrong.

Reaction Score
I am very late to the party since I just discovered Bosch this week. Darn good show. Already through season 4.
If you enjoyed Bosch, which my wife and I did greatly - give The Lincoln Lawyer a shot. In the same universe, I assume Bosch will show up next season, I believe they are step brothers.

As much are we are Bosch fans, we are bigger Jack Ryan fans - boy did Amazon nail that.

Reaction Score
If you enjoyed Bosch, which my wife and I did greatly - give The Lincoln Lawyer a shot. In the same universe, I assume Bosch will show up next season, I believe they are step brothers.

As much are we are Bosch fans, we are bigger Jack Ryan fans - boy did Amazon nail that.
Thank you, I will check that out. I ripped through Bosch and I just started watching Bosch Legacy. It does not have me as captivated as Bosch but is good nonetheless. I watched Jack Ryan a while back and will start watching that and The Lincoln Lawyer as well.

Reaction Score
Lupin

Netflix French show with very good English dubbing. Story is about a French super thief who creates similar crimes as a famous French book character, Lupin.

S3 just dropped. I rewatched S2, which was very good, and S3 did not disappoint.

I give the Lupin series 4 stars.
My 5 star chalk is Justified.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Moonlighting just showed up on Hulu. I loved that show in the 80s. Very novel for the time, being one of the first dramedys to have success, breaking the 4th wall, fantasy elements, and an astounding list of guest stars. Plus, of course, introducing Bruce Willis.

I was hoping to recapture some of that magic thru watching it again. It does not hold up well. In fact, I kinda found a lot of it annoying.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Moonlighting just showed up on Hulu. I loved that show in the 80s. Very novel for the time, being one of the first dramedys to have success, breaking the 4th wall, fantasy elements, and an astounding list of guest stars. Plus, of course, introducing Bruce Willis.

I was hoping to recapture some of that magic thru watching it again. It does not hold up well. In fact, I kinda found a lot of it annoying.
I was actually thinking about watching it as well. I may give the first one a shot to see how it holds up.

Reaction Score
Started Painkillers. It‘s a fictionalized version of the true story of Purdue Pharma and OcyContin. Was recommended to us. I’m only one episode in, it’s well done but not “must watch” interesting.
Yeah, we thought the same thing after the first episode, but it kinda loses steam after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom