What are you binge watching? | Page 53 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Hit & Run - 2021 - 9 episodes

We watched the first episode last night and we are both like, OK, let's give it another episode or 2. Seems to have potential and it's only 1 season. Takes place in Israel and USA and the reviews indicates it's worth the watch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Continuing with The Witcher. Still good. Fantastic episode called “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Next one was boring though. It sucks that Henry Cavill is out.

Reaction Score
Continuing with The Witcher. Still good. Fantastic episode called “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Next one was boring though. It sucks that Henry Cavill is out.
I rewatched from the beginning and finished "everyone Has a Plan...". Great episode. Not happy with Cavill going away and I'm not big Hemsworth fan either.

Reaction Score
The warden and I have been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. We're both really enjoying it. Well written and funny. Alex Borstein, Tony Shalhoub and Kevin Pollak are amazing and Rachel Brosnahan is as great as she is adorable in the title role. Big props to Luke Kirby who is a fantastic Lenny Bruce.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've been through pretty much every streaming service, so I decided to try PBS.

I'm currently watching Sanditon. Good so far.

About Charlotte Heywood, a spirited and impulsive woman, who moves from her rural home to Sanditon, a fishing village attempting to reinvent itself as a seaside resort.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I finally am getting around to season three of Ted Lasso. I'm a couple of episodes in and I have to say it hasn't been all that impressive.

The big question, which I obviously don't want to know the answer to, is whether the Lego stadium is foreshadowing.

Reaction Score
If you haven't watched Winning Time, they are marathoning the first season as the second approaches. It's the story of Jerry Buss and the birth of the showtime Lakers. I have found it fun and compelling.

Reaction Score
I finally knocked out all five seasons of Breaking Bad after a couple of failed tries. There were so many times I found myself anxious and uncomfortable over the five seasons, especially in the last season. So many hours of sleep lost. Better Call Saul is next up.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I started Season 2 of Foundation. First episode was so complicated. They really need to help you follow some of this stuff. Second episode was better. Lee Pace is a physical specimen, holy crap that guy is ripped. Jared Harris is a superb actor and the show suffers a bit when he or Pace aren’t in the scene. The female leads can’t carry the scenes very well, but there’s a new one that might.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been through pretty much every streaming service, so I decided to try PBS.
Did you ever get into Endeavor? The prequel to Inspector Morse. The final season just finished but I haven't watched it yet. I swear, some of them are feature film quality.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I finally knocked out all five seasons of Breaking Bad after a couple of failed tries. There were so many times I found myself anxious and uncomfortable over the five seasons, especially in the last season. So many hours of sleep lost. Better Call Saul is next up.
So...you liked it?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Mayfair Witches. This is on AMC/AMC+. From the Anne Rice books that came out of the Vampire Lestat series of novels and told the tale of a family of witches in New Orleans. Alexandra Daddario has the lead role as Rowen. That may be all you need to know to justify watching it, her crazy eyes are a good match here. If you like Anne Rice books, these were pretty good and so far, three episodes in, this is well done. Some of the adaptations of her stuff hasn't been good. I think AMC is just sticking with the story and that's a welcome change.

Reaction Score
The Recruit - 2022 - 8 episodes

Just started and it is entertaining enough so far. It has been renewed for a second season.
"Owen Hendricks, a young CIA lawyer whose first week on the job turns upside down when he discovers a threatening letter by a former asset . . ."

CL82

Reaction Score
I started Season 2 of Foundation. First episode was so complicated. They really need to help you follow some of this stuff. Second episode was better. Lee Pace is a physical specimen, holy crap that guy is ripped. Jared Harris is a superb actor and the show suffers a bit when he or Pace aren’t in the scene. The female leads can’t carry the scenes very well, but there’s a new one that might.
I watch the first season, but their decision to diverge from the Foundation source material made it less interesting to me.

I am a few of episodes into The Silo, which is better than I had hoped. It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain it. The notion is that a community lives in a huge silo. There was some sort of rebellion in 140 years previously and all computer records history and source material was destroyed. They don't know who built the silo or what its purpose is. One of their principal rules is that if you asked to leave the silo, you must leave the silo and you cannot return. Their only view of the outside world is through video screens all showing the same view of a gray lifeless valley. The camera is in a slight depression so they really can't see very far. People who are sent out of the silo or given the opportunity to clean the lens before they walk away. Even though you would think that people being expelled from the silo would just flip off the camera and walk away without cleaning it, every single person does clean the lens before they stagger a few steps and die.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I watch the first season, but their decision to diverge from the Foundation source material made it less interesting to me.

I am a few of episodes into The Silo, which is better than I had hoped. It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain it. The notion is that a community lives in a huge silo. There was some sort of rebellion in 140 years previously and all computer records history and source material was destroyed. They don't know who built the silo or what its purpose is. One of their principal rules is that if you asked to leave the silo, you must leave the silo and you cannot return. Their only view of the outside world is through video screens all showing the same view of a gray lifeless valley. The camera is in a slight depression so they really can't see very far. People who are sent out of the silo or given the opportunity to clean the lens before they walk away. Even though you would think that people being expelled from the silo would just flip off the camera and walk away without cleaning it, every single person does clean the lens before they stagger a few steps and die.
Never read the books, so that didn't matter to me. Honestly, if the divergence made it easier to follow in TV form, then good. It was still too difficult to follow.

On Silo, I started the first book recently. The show builds slowly but I'm reading the book in part because it really sucks you in. So many possibilities exist that you can't help wondering what is really going on. Are the baddies the baddies? What do they know? Is what they know even accurate? I found the Silo fascinating, despite similarities to some other stories like Logan's Run.

CL82

Reaction Score
Never read the books, so that didn't matter to me. Honestly, if the divergence made it easier to follow in TV form, then good. It was still too difficult to follow.

On Silo, I started the first book recently. The show builds slowly but I'm reading the book in part because it really sucks you in. So many possibilities exist that you can't help wondering what is really going on. Are the baddies the baddies? What do they know? Is what they know even accurate? I found the Silo fascinating, despite similarities to some other stories like Logan's Run.
I may read the books. That's a great idea.

Right now I'm reading the Nick Louth series that begins with The Body in the Marsh. The first book is very good. It is the story of a police detective who ends up investigating the murder of his first love that he hasn't seen for 30 years.

I liked it better than, The Rules of Prey for whatever that's worth. I highly recommend it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I may read the books. That's a great idea.

Right now I'm reading the Nick Louth series that begins with The Body in the Marsh. The first book is very good. It is the story of a police detective who ends up investigating the murder of his first love that he hasn't seen for 30 years.

I liked it better than, The Rules of Prey for whatever that's worth. I highly recommend it.
To be clear, I finished the season and just wanted more of it, hence the book. Nick Louth could be cool. I've struggled with books lately. Not much grabs me.

CL82

Reaction Score
To be clear, I finished the season and just wanted more of it, hence the book. Nick Louth could be cool. I've struggled with books lately. Not much grabs me.
The Body in the Marsh is worth a look. It's pretty easy reading in the fact that it's set in the UK was a good change of pace for me. But I know what you mean a lot of people, including on the Boneyard said that The Rules of Prey series was outstanding. I didn't particularly enjoy the first one. I found the lead character pretty unlikable.

Reaction Score
If you haven't watched Winning Time, they are marathoning the first season as the second approaches. It's the story of Jerry Buss and the birth of the showtime Lakers. I have found it fun and compelling.
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove "Winning Time"! I think the casting of Adrien Brody as Pat Riley is just magnificent, loved his little monologue in the first episode of season 2 after they beat the Celtics in Boston.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I finally am getting around to season three of Ted Lasso. I'm a couple of episodes in and I have to say it hasn't been all that impressive.

The big question, which I obviously don't want to know the answer to, is whether the Lego stadium is foreshadowing.

The first half of the 3rd season sucks. It gets a lot better and ends well.

Verrrryyyyy important stuff happens off-screen in season 3. It was a poor choice by the writers.

CL82

Reaction Score
The first half of the 3rd season sucks. It gets a lot better and ends well.

Verrrryyyyy important stuff happens off-screen in season 3. It was a poor choice by the writers.
I finished it up. It was satisfying but not as good as the first two seasons for me. I did like the exposition of why Ted is who he is.

Reaction Score
I rewatched from the beginning and finished "everyone Has a Plan...". Great episode. Not happy with Cavill going away and I'm not big Hemsworth fan either.
I was disappointed with S3.
I loved S1 and S2 was enjoyable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom