OT: - What A Find | The Boneyard

OT: What A Find

Reaction Score
Starting the clean out process for my move to Delaware in the spring after 33 years in this house. Have found many things I forgot I had but this was today's discovery.
20180818_171604.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
love that grand opening cup
wish I still had mine
thanks Kathy

best on your relocation

Reaction Score
Delaware?

Thoughts and Prayers
Near many concert venues, 3.5 miles from the beach, on the bay with kayaks, canoes, jetskis, little to no snow, 20 golf courses within 30 minute drive, no sales tax, no tax on social security, partial pension exclusion on taxes, property tax 1/6th of what I pay here - what's not to like?

No Gampel or Hartford - but whatever road/flight trips I want

C

Chief00

Near many concert venues, 3.5 miles from the beach, on the bay with kayaks, canoes, jetskis, little to no snow, 20 golf courses within 30 minute drive, no sales tax, no tax on social security, partial pension exclusion on taxes, property tax 1/6th of what I pay here - what's not to like?

DE gets lots of corporate taxes because they are business friendly for incorporating and thereafter.

Reaction Score

The UConn diaspora is getting bigger than than the main body.
That’s a problem.
I thought about this my son didn’t stay in the state because of job relocation.
I’m here because he was here
No relocation,
I’m still attending games , with him , and his kids. Another generation of die hard UConn fans is trained.
Connecticut loosing population is only part of the story . The main thing preventing a worse decline is foreign immigration .
It normally takes at least one generation to adapt to local sports teams. I don’t think my grandfather ever knew what a baseball was yet he sons were huge fans .

Reaction Score
The UConn diaspora is getting bigger than than the main body.
That’s a problem.
I thought about this my son didn’t stay in the state because of job relocation.
I’m here because he was here
No relocation,
I’m still attending games , with him , and his kids. Another generation of die hard UConn fans is trained.
Connecticut loosing population is only part of the story . The main thing preventing a worse decline is foreign immigration .
It normally takes at least one generation to adapt to local sports teams. I don’t think my grandfather ever knew what a baseball was yet he sons were huge fans .
My son is in New Jersey forhis job, I was born and raised in NY, although my parents were from CT, my dad a UConn grad. I stayed here after I graduated because itcwas where my fiance was building his career. Ganes were a family thing. My nephews from NY became UConn fans (had been St. John's fans) but after Dream Season full fledged fans. We all still travel to games in NY and my son still drives up here for big games. I figure I will still donate so I can get tickets for myself and them when we want, esp. NYC and tournaments.

Reaction Score
what's not to like?
23 miles & the tolls on I-95. On the other hand, the reasons you cited, access to the City, DC & Philly, and Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, etc. are solid reasons to like your move. Good luck!

Reaction Score
"Yeah let's just bold it and make it red. Put the first line in all caps. And do Times New Roman, 36 pt. font.
Oh, and italicize the last line. Alright looks good. Print 10,167."
Capacity was 8,500-ish at the time, so much more reasonable to go with quickie color & font decisions for that quantity;)

Reaction Score

You got an extra room right?

Reaction Score
"Yeah let's just bold it and make it red. Put the first line in all caps. And do Times New Roman, 36 pt. font.

Reaction Score
The Delaware shore and bay are so nice. We spend a lot of time in Ocean City, Md. and visit Delaware often. Good luck on the move.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

There is a great auction house just over the bridge in Chadds Ford Pa. (Wm. Bunch Auctions) if you are into antiques and at times nice contemporary custom furniture. Best of Luck.

Reaction Score

Plenty to like. Just got back from a North Bethany beach family vacation and we love it there. New England’s cold water sucks compared to this. Less packed with a slightly longer drive (6 hrs) but worth it. I imagine when the tourists leave it’s even better.

Reaction Score
Plenty to like. Just got back from a North Bethany beach family vacation and we love it there. New England’s cold water sucks compared to this. Less packed with a slightly longer drive (6 hrs) but worth it. I imagine when the tourists leave it’s even better.
I'm building in Ocean View, right near Bethany. Can't wait

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Feel like it is Helvetica, could be Arial though.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Starting the clean out process for my move to Delaware in the spring after 33 years in this house. Have found many things I forgot I had but this was today's discovery. View attachment 33794
Good stuff. Keeper quality. Cleaning out our place in NJ a few years back I found the 1999 Limited Edition UConn Barbie National Champions Cheerleader. I would send the pic but it too was a keeper and I have since stored it somewhere for the next purge!

Reaction Score
Fantastic!!

I've been ordered to thin my collection of basement crap as well, but w/o much empathy for nostalgia. My personal thread of 'clean-up karma' must revert to when my mother heaved my baseball card (and early Superman / Batman comics) collection when I went to college. These included early Ted Williams and Micky (as well as their colleagues), Lou Gehrig, etc, when I was away at college. Talk about $$ up in smoke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom