We're number 1! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We're number 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are number 8, which is fitting after yesterday’s performance. Luckily it’s early in the season this team will adjust and grow from this loss.
IMG_4246.jpeg

Reaction Score
Barring anything unexpected, we should be number 1 after LSU lost to Colorado. That didn't take long. Kim doesn't play many good teams, and now we know why. Go Huskies!
First of all, what does some foolish rank mean before game one or after it? And what does a ranking buy us? Did you watch NC State game? What is our rank now?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
First of all, what does some foolish rank mean before game one or after it? And what does a ranking buy us? Did you watch NC State game? What is our rank now?
Well, let's see. Ranking will help determine seeding in the National Tournament, including which region a team is sent to. Too many losses will mean Albany is not a possibility. The lower your seeding, the more difficult is the path to the NC.

But other than that, it doesn't mean much. ;)
:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, let's see. Ranking will help determine seeding in the National Tournament, including which region a team is sent to. Too many losses will mean Albany is not a possibility. The lower your seeding, the more difficult is the path to the NC.

But other than that, it doesn't mean much. ;)
:rolleyes:
No, polls have nothing to do with NCAA tournament seeding or regional placement.

sun

Reaction Score
The NCAA uses the NET Ranking as desctibed in the PDF beginning on Page 4.

The NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) for women’s basketball is the contemporary sorting tool used to measure a team’s quality and help evaluate team resumes for selection and seeding in the NCAA tournament. NET ranking is determined by who you played, where you played, how efficiently you played and the result of the game.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t care enough to research it. Polls are done by USA Today and the AP (press corp). Neither have input to the NCAA seeding committee.

Reaction Score
I don’t care enough to research it. Polls are done by USA Today and the AP (press corp). Neither have input to the NCAA seeding committee.
The committee has the discretion to depart from the NET and has done so in the past even in seeding a NET 5 above a NET 4. They do not live in a basketball vacuum. They are basketball's superfan professionals. I'll bet they watch the polls and Nolan Warren and Massey and even RPI all year long.

So, I would posit that the human polls can influence a committee member

Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated I don't believe anyone else can.
Well that didn’t last long (undefeated) … which I don’t mind. Losing builds character… if NaPheesa and Katie Lou teams lost a few more I really think those seasons turn out differently. I digress. SC is capable, but it won’t happen. SC unfortunately has what everyone wants, but their kinda young, their loaded and a easy bet$ on almost every game.

Reaction Score
I have observed Kim Mulkey since she was a point guard for the National Champion Louisiana Tech team. She was a great player and anyone who doubts her greatness as a coach doesn't even know how to spell the word basketball. I also watched her call a timeout on her own team when she saw the player on the opposing team appeared to be badly injured after the refs did not notice. That is all I have to know about her as a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom