We're going through hell | The Boneyard

We're going through hell

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Interesting article chronicling UConn's rollercoaster season, all the injuries, covid infections, transfers and so on, along with the challenge that players and coaches have faced in maintaining consistency and building team chemistry.

Reaction Score
I would imagine that this is a common problem for all teams. However, it is especially noticeable at UConn WBB. As we see, it does change when a player does return then another key player sits down for a foot injury. This has got to be challenging for Geno and his staff. On the upside, a lot of players are getting an opportunity to perform where they might have just sat on the bench. In a way, the team is becoming stronger in depth.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would imagine that this is a common problem for all teams. However, it is especially noticeable at UConn WBB. As we see, it does change when a player does return then another key player sits down for a foot injury. This has got to be challenging for Geno and his staff. On the upside, a lot of players are getting an opportunity to perform where they might have just sat on the bench. In a way, the team is becoming stronger in depth.
As the article points out, every team has to deal with injuries. But in my, albeit faulty memory, I cannot recall a single UConn team that has had as many key players out for multiple games in a row. Excluding the 4-5 players with Covid, UConn has played multiple games with as many as 4 key players out with injuries: Aubrey, Paige, Azzi & Nika.

Reaction Score
Of the nine levels of hell, UConn WBB might be just outside the door of the level 1 lobby. We're just catching a glimpse of what it's like for the 99% who don't assume the season starts at the final four.
This season is highly stressful and challenging by UConn standards and no one thought it would be like this.

Reaction Score
IMO there seems to have been an unusually high number of foot injuries this year as opposed to previous seasons. I don't know if it is due to all the basketball these young women play (basically all year round now), conditioning issues, problems with shoes or all of the above. :(

Reaction Score
We have one thing in our favor; we are UCONN Huskies and we will never give up. We have always been in the Elite Class and will cope.
Was it over when Aubrey was injured
Was it over when Nika was injured
Was it over when Azzi was injured
Was it over when Paige fractured her tibial plateau
Hell No!
Tennessee dead
Stanford dead
S. Carolina dead
Let’s go!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Was it over when Aubrey was injured
Was it over when Nika was injured
Was it over when Azzi was injured
Was it over when Paige fractured her tibial plateau
Hell No!
Tennessee dead
Stanford dead
S. Carolina dead
Let’s go!!!

Let’s hope the Germans don’t bomb Pearl Harbor….or Storrs, CT for that matter… ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This article is well written and detailed IRT my prior synopsis, capturing all of the events that have contributed to the events of this season. Even Evina is SHDH at all of this.

Reaction Score
Not knowing my arse from my elbow but me thinks that if Aneesah Morrow was on our roster she would have been sidelined at some point in time

Reaction Score
IMO there seems to have been an unusually high number of foot injuries this year as opposed to previous seasons. I don't know if it is due to all the basketball these young women play (basically all year round now), conditioning issues, problems with shoes or all of the above. :(
At some time, Uconn health and fitness staff and coaches should address long term injuries caused by overuse and devise
preventative protocals.

Reaction Score
"Whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger"
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Although I wouldn't recommend it as a regular strength conditioning regimen.
Don't think Geno is enjoying the task of cotinuously coaxing everybody to endeavor to persevere.

Reaction Score

Interesting article chronicling UConn's rollercoaster season, all the injuries, covid infections, transfers and so on, along with the challenge that players and coaches have faced in maintaining consistency and building team chemistry.
luckily UConn has been somewhat immune from these kinds of injuries for the past few years............unluckily they are making up for it this year..........still not even close to what ND went through a few years ago when I think they lost a bunch of starters and bench players for most of the season........

Reaction Score
luckily UConn has been somewhat immune from these kinds of injuries for the past few years............unluckily they are making up for it this year..........still not even close to what ND went through a few years ago when I think they lost a bunch of starters and bench players for most of the season........
Maybe they lost more quantity? ut how about quality?

UCONN lost it's best player,. The best player in WCBB. Lost it's top perimeter defender day 1. And with the other injuries- does their players out match up to UCONN?

When you lose your best player - the best in WCBB - ND lost that?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Is it the shoes? I know that the team is required to wear Nike shoes, but are they fitted to each individual, and do they all have a choice of which style to wear? Too many instances of foot injuries, just wondering if that could be the problem. Probably not, it just seems there are too many foot injuries than in years past.

HGN

Reaction Score

Interesting article chronicling UConn's rollercoaster season, all the injuries, covid infections, transfers and so on, along with the challenge that players and coaches have faced in maintaining consistency and building tea

Oldude , I agree, somewhat......But I look at it as if we're somewhat in Purgatory. Caught somewhere between Heaven and hell. Not quite in hell. With a strong chance of going to Heaven if we handle this situation right and listen to coach.

These injuries , to many starters and frontline players , have given the Huskies a chance to play some benchers and effect their development. Now come March they will be more ready for the big stage. The Huskies will have a better and stronger bench. And in some cases the starters , having been sitting games with injuries , will not be tired from playing so many 35-40min games.
If handled like that , we can go to Heaven.

Hell , on the other hand , means things go in the opposite direction for the Huskies. Maybe the team playing now don't jell; Maybe the chemistry isn't there ; Maybe they crumble under the pressure of the games and from hard coaching. Hopefully they are tough and stronger by March. But if not ,hell has no wrath like a NC caliber team falling apart and beaten by Covid and injuries.

Lets all hope and wish the Huskies Heaven.

Reaction Score
Of the nine levels of hell, UConn WBB might be just outside the door of the level 1 lobby. We're just catching a glimpse of what it's like for the 99% who don't assume the season starts at the final four.
Well, there is a 99% involved but it’s more like 99%don’t go through having to actually worry about getting through a game with a full positional team on the court! This idea that we’re finally seeing what it’s like for the other teams is just a little over the top. There may come a time for that but this is not it! Virtually, all the other teams may have to worry about winning, but not being able to put a full team on he court! I’m sure there are a few other teams that have matched (perhaps even exceeded) our current problems but not many!

Reaction Score

UCONN lost it's best player,. The best player in WCBB. Lost it's top perimeter defender day 1. And with the other injuries- does their players out match up to UCONN?

I have no desire to fight this fight for ND.......I'll let Dillon do that but as I remember ND was missing like three starters for almost the entire season plus some of their bench players........it was just one player after another...........that was the season they were 13-18.......

Reaction Score

What would South Carolina look like without Aaliyah Boston?

Reaction Score
What would South Carolina look like without Aaliyah Boston?
Without Boston. The without their best perimeter defender though for them they have more defense but maybe takeway their best or 2nd best offensive shooter, along with the injures we've had -- this year has been brutal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom