Well, . . . . . | The Boneyard

Well, . . . . .

Reaction Score
that really sucked.

Nothing positive at all to take from that game. The D looked OK for awhile, but the O was pitiful all day, and the 2nd half just became an Indiana infommercial. Ugly all around.

Z really looked like a freshman out there, but he'll get better with time & reps. Shake it off and move on.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
I can't ever remember UCONN looking good after a bye week. The trend continues.

Reaction Score
This team is ruining CFB for me. Three lousy coaches in a row with a decent OC Lashlee proving that coaches matter. Resigned to zero improvement under Edsall who was the "safe" choice just like Pasqualoni with a nutcase thrown in between. I wasn't joking during the hiring process when I said a winning Coach can win in multiple sports. But at this point I'm 100% certain we could have offered the job to someone like Nancy Stevens our NC Field Hockey Coach and we would be better off than we are now. Edsall is doing his best and he's not a terrible coach but like Coach P time and circumstance have passed him by.

Reaction Score
This program is done! Might as well go FCS and cut the financial losses! There is no turning around this debacle!

Reaction Score
that really sucked.

Nothing positive at all to take from that game. The D looked OK for awhile, but the O was pitiful all day, and the 2nd half just became an Indiana infommercial. Ugly all around.

Z really looked like a freshman out there, but he'll get better with time & reps. Shake it off and move on.
UCONN'S punter was terrific. Probably deserves a game ball. Heckuva game.

Reaction Score
I was painting and listening on the radio but the amount of 1 yard gains in the running game is a real problem.

Reaction Score
Well, any way...

48 days, 1 hours 10 minutes and 50 seconds until November 8, 7pm....
(1153 hours, 10 minutes)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The amount of 1 yard gains in the running game is a real problem.
True, but when the QB is no threat, the box gets stacked. So far we haven’t been able to hit short, intermediate or long passes. And the long ones are merely a wasted down. QB play is the issue.

Reaction Score
Well,
1. We started 2019 with a decent OL coach and an ok OC which quickly turn into an OL/OC. Not have dedicated coaches hurts and not having $ to get and keep a decent OC make things pretty much near impossible.
2. DL was overmatched physically yesterday. After pounding the ball down our throats on a couple of drives our DL was worn out. We stacked the box and then IU opened up their passing game.
3. Saw this already posted. IU had tape and was ready for Z. OL couldn’t help him so couldn’t pass couldn’t run. Simple as that.

Being marginally stronger and more talented than we were last year leads to results like this. Last year we were historically bad, this year a better version of bad. There is no quick way out of this.

Reaction Score
Well,
1. We started 2019 with a decent OL coach and an ok OC which quickly turn into an OL/OC. Not have dedicated coaches hurts and not having $ to get and keep a decent OC make things pretty much near impossible.
2. DL was overmatched physically yesterday. After pounding the ball down our throats on a couple of drives our DL was worn out. We stacked the box and then IU opened up their passing game.
3. Saw this already posted. IU had tape and was ready for Z. OL couldn’t help him so couldn’t pass couldn’t run. Simple as that.

Being marginally stronger and more talented than we were last year leads to results like this. Last year we were historically bad, this year a better version of bad. There is no quick way out of this.
It is not, so much, that the defensive line is overmatched. It that we don't have the ability to set the edge. That puts too much stress on the LBs as any play can be bounced outside if the LBs attack the middle. So the LBs almost never fill as fast as they should. It's a front seven problem. But the biggest flaw is that the DEs can't hold/set the edge.

Z once again fumbled running the ball with no one touching him. I think we should run him a few more times just to get him comfortable with the execution of running.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom