Welcome to Philly | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Philly

Reaction Score
Jay used to practice that play at the end of practices because everyone would be tired so it simulated game conditions. He would also have the bench players foul the heck out of them.

In a post game interview one of the players (forget who) was laughing about how the play never worked in practices. Also seem to recall that as designed the pass back to Brunson was like the third option.
Jay was a damn good coach. Probably have to better than just damn good. Going out on top is never bad

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. The Nova team in 2018 was legitimately nasty and ran roughshod over everyone in the tournament. They didn't play anyone nearly as good as UConn did with Duke in '99 and "04 but that team was stacked. Brunson, DiVincenzo, Bridges, Spellman, Paschall, Booth, Gillespie.

Teams like the Walton and Jabbar UCLA teams and Jordan at UNC are a different level than the UConn and Nova teams.
how 'bout that danny manning??

caw

Reaction Score
That was a very good team. Nova was a legit 3peat threat with 2017. The NCAA made Spellman ineligible that year because of Nova self reporting his 8th grade transfer anomaly. Absolutely crazy ruling against the kid.
2018 Nova vs 2007 UF would be an extreme contrast in ability. Nova would probably dominate the backcourt but UF's frontcourt was legit nasty. Not that UF didn't have a backcourt, nor Nova a frontcourt, but I think we can both agree where each team would have the advantage on paper (which is really all we can argue).

Reaction Score
fkuck villanova, temple the city team, big up john chaney

Reaction Score
let’s flunk go

it’s always fun getting hostile .home, not woodbridge ct

Reaction Score
I don’t complain about refs much, but yeah we got molested. You know who by ? @BigErnMcCracken friend, O’Connell. The dude legit is the worst.

That’s a great win and even that O’Connell clown couldn’t ruin it. Nothing better than ruining senior night. Solid W. Good win against a good, well coached team in a hostile environment. Checks a huge box for me heading into March.

Jackson is such a weapon.

I won’t even get irked by Billy Jack’s inevitable treatise on how the whistle is the product of poor coaching.

Reaction Score
ghows-PA-f886881f-fa13-496c-8200-a1419576559b-ed39655c.jpeg
Bye bye Philly

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Fair point, allow me a rebuttal. 2 of our 3 are all timers, The 85 "perfect game" against Patrick Ewing and Georgetown to deny them back to back chips and the 2016 "Jenkins for the championship". I argue including style points, we're even, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm also a biased Nova homer, so sue me.
Lol you gonna hang your style points from the rafters?

Reaction Score
I don’t complain about refs much, but yeah we got molested. You know who by ? @BigErnMcCracken friend, O’Connell. The dude legit is the worst.
Mario Kart rules second half. Nearly caused a fight after they mugged Jackson on one end (though he powered through for the lay-in).

Glad we're not going to see this team again unless it's in the Finals. They're physical get under your skin.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That’s a great win and even that O’Connell clown couldn’t ruin it. Nothing better than ruining senior night. Solid W. Good win against a good, well coached team in a hostile environment. Checks a huge box for me heading into March.

Jackson is such a weapon.

I won’t even get irked by Billy Jack’s inevitable treatise on how the whistle is the product of poor coaching.
He punked them. That stretch early in the 2nd half where he was going from one side of the court to the other keeping possessions alive was just next level freak.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Mario Kart rules second half. Nearly caused a fight after they mugged Jackson on one end (though he powered through for the lay-in).

Glad we're not going to see this team again unless it's in the Finals. They're physical get under your skin.
Yeah it’s like playing against a root canal.

The can’t bounce us around on post ups any longer though. I love that .

Reaction Score
Welcome back to the real Big East

Order is being restored, the stars are aligned, it's time for a three trip trek into NYC
trek? it’s a 90 min ride

Reaction Score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahaha

deep breath

hahahahahahahhahaahahahhahahahhahahahahah

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members