Weird Lineup in 1H | The Boneyard

Weird Lineup in 1H

Reaction Score
I don't recall this group of 5 ever being on the court together before..

Gaffney
Hawkins
Jackson
Polley
Whaley

I don't love the idea of having our three best players in Martin + Sanogo + Cole sitting at the same time. Luckily Hawkins hit a three and then we had the Jackson put back but I don't think this lineup puts us in a position to succeed.

Reaction Score
If Hawkins and Polley are hitting from beyond the arc, that lineup does fine.

Reaction Score

Gaffney
Hawkins
Jackson
Polley
Whaley

I don't love the idea of having our three best players in Martin + Sanogo + Cole sitting at the same time. Luckily Hawkins hit a three and then we had the Jackson put back but I don't think this lineup puts us in a position to succeed.
This seems to be one of our "in-between" bench lineups. It has played for a few possessions in a number of games, but never more than 4 at a time..

LIU, West Virginia, Marquette x2, Nova, Seton Hall x2.

It just crossed the 20 possession threshold for the season. It's the lineup with the highest 3 point attempt rate.

Reaction Score
I think Jackson should always play with Gaffney. Surrounding a big whether Whaley or Sanogo with 3 shooters (I'm including Gaffney) and Jackson should be a potent second unit especially with Whaley and Jackson's defense.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Gaffney
Hawkins
Jackson
Polley
Whaley

It was definitely, "Wait, what?" time, but I think they increased the margin while they were in.

Yesterday's game had its joys and frustrations, with several, "No, no, no, YES!" shots; a goal-tending after 4 missed close-ups that should have been dunked or drawn hard fouls; Seton Hall gaffes; Sanogo imitating Jackson's made 'floater; and other things that felt like 'bailouts' at the time.

Might be a case of, "The harder I work, the luckier I get." By NO means was it an undeserved win, but we've got some room for additional tightening things up on the way to a successful close of the season.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hurley went to this lineup when Hall showed zone, which is probably the only time it makes sense.
Still, I'd prefer having Cole and Martin out there to hit 3s vs zone.

Reaction Score
If Hawkins and Polley are hitting from beyond the arc, that lineup does fine.
I think Hurley sees polley and hawkins’ production as one player. If he can get 10 pts combined with a couple 3’s I think he’s happy. Not a bad way to look at it for this season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
drop tyler, add tyrese. voila! the 'pants-on-fire' team.
sumtimes, ya just gotta speed things up, just like sumtimes, ya gotta slow things down.

Reaction Score
I commented on this in the chat. It was in interesting lineup, but they contributed a bit until the first line came back in to steady the ship.

Reaction Score
This seems to be one of our "in-between" bench lineups. It has played for a few possessions in a number of games, but never more than 4 at a time..

LIU, West Virginia, Marquette x2, Nova, Seton Hall x2.

It just crossed the 20 possession threshold for the season. It's the lineup with the highest 3 point attempt rate.

Interesting, do you just remember all this stuff or is there a site that shows this info lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
E2F97A4E-5688-463E-8816-52BAC218DB39.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That lineup didn't last long but it has interesting possibilities if the shooters are hitting their shots
Not sure if was one that Danny wanted because he yanked Hawkins right after he hit the 3
The best lineup, in my opinion would be: Sanogo, Whalley, Hawkins, Martin, Cole

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
drop tyler, add tyrese. voila! the 'pants-on-fire' team.
sumtimes, ya just gotta speed things up, just like sumtimes, ya gotta slow things down.
Hurley went to this lineup when Hall showed zone, which is probably the only time it makes sense.
Still, I'd prefer having Cole and Martin out there to hit 3s vs zone.

I noticed the lineup but was thinking put Cole in at the point.

3 shooters in Cole, Hawk and Polley. Jackson can slash and kick out to any of them and the lane will be open since help defenders would have to leave one of them open.

Use Whaley as the high screen and slasher to the hoop unimpeded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom