Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is AJ Storr way more athletic than he was last year? Or is everyone on the court in the B10 less so in comparison.
The latter. Nobody in the B1G is very impressive especially from an athletic standpoint. When Northwestern is in the top third of the conference…

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is SO slow. Extreme lack of athleticism on that team.

Would be a really good win for Purdue though, top 10 win on the road.

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are going to get ugly with Calipari soon. They're beyond sick of his whole act. His rotations stink, he doesn't even think about coaching defense and all he talks about is all his NBA stars. They're going to make it as uncomfortable for him as possible hoping he'll just walk away. He won't walk away from his absurd lifetime contract so eventually they're just going to have to eat that thing and move on from him.
His "problem," which, well, that kind of depends on his goal, is that he is a coach for his players and not for the fans. He openly does not care about success at this level. He cares about getting his guys to the NBA, and if they happen to win along the way, that's nice, but not the main goal.

Reaction Score
Purdue may edge by good guys as #1 ranked team tomorrow if beat #6 Wisconsin on road today....probably razor thin vote margin. I think UConn should still be #1 but who knows with voters. Go Badgers!
Nope, Wisconsin just lost to Nebraska.

How is Wisconisn 6th in the country? All they did this season was beat Marquette at home and they have 5 losses.

Reaction Score
I really thought Wisconsin would run them out of the gym. They don't seem as fast as usual today
When has Wisconsin ever been fast? That whole conference is always slow as hell.

Reaction Score

How is Wisconisn 6th in the country? All they did this season was beat Marquette at home and they have 5 losses.
I'm watching and wondering the same thing. In fact neither of these teams seem to play much defense yet the game will end in the 60's. So much space between offensive and defensive players compared to what we're used to watching.

Reaction Score
I’m rooting for Pikiell and Griffiths to succeed, but man does Rutgers need to do something about their offense. Of course, Griffiths shooting 27% from 3 isn’t helping. You just can’t go very far with such a defense-heavy team every year.

View attachment 96045
Is that for real? They have an NEC-caliber offense and a Final Four-caliber defense.

Reaction Score
Purdue may edge by good guys as #1 ranked team tomorrow if beat #6 Wisconsin on road today....probably razor thin vote margin. I think UConn should still be #1 but who knows with voters. Go Badgers!
Purdue needed overtime to beat Northwestern earlier this week. I don't think they're getting major style points.

Winning at Wisconsin is impressive, but so are we.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the offense Wisconsin has been trying to run. They do a lot of weaving but for no purpose other than possiby making sure nobody dribbles more than two or three bounces.

Reaction Score
This is the third time I've watched Purdue this year, and every time I come to the same conclusion: we would slaughter them.
My concern in that matchup would be Clingan getting into foul trouble. Edey would eat Samson’s lunch in the paint. I think starting 5’s we have an edge.

Reaction Score
Purdue needed overtime to beat Northwestern earlier this week. I don't think they're getting major style points.

Winning at Wisconsin is impressive, but so are we.

I agree we're better and should still be #1 but who knows with voters....they see Purdue with a road win at a ranked Wisconson and UConn with wins vs unranked teams this week and think Purdue is #1 now. We'll probably still be voted #1 (as should be) but Purdue will be closer than last week. In the end doesn't really matter but being ranked #1 does have a nice cache.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Purdue getting a ridiculously kind whistle late. You would think they were at home here.

Reaction Score
I agree we're better and should still be #1 but who knows with voters....they see Purdue with a road win at a ranked Wisconson and UConn with wins vs unranked teams this week and think Purdue is #1 now. We'll probably still be voted #1 (as should be) but Purdue will be closer than last week. In the end doesn't really matter but being ranked #1 does have a nice cache.
I think a lot of voters won’t move a team off #1 without a loss. I highly doubt Purdue flips enough votes to get to #1

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Same ref made two bad calls against Wisconsin.

Foul instead of travel. Out of bounds Purdue step on baseline no call.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I agree we're better and should still be #1 but who knows with voters....they see Purdue with a road win at a ranked Wisconson and UConn with wins vs unranked teams this week and think Purdue is #1 now. We'll probably still be voted #1 (as should be) but Purdue will be closer than last week. In the end doesn't really matter but being ranked #1 does have a nice cache.They
They may pick up a few more 1st place votes, but typically the #1 has to go down to lose the spot.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That was disappointing. Wisky going 0-11 from 3 in 2nd half certainly didn't help them. Hell, they make 2 of those and it could be a different outcome.

Reaction Score
Same ref made two bad calls against Wisconsin.

Foul instead of travel. Out of bounds Purdue step on baseline no call.
According to one of the announcers stepping on the baseline from out-of-bounds is legal since it is still out-of-bounds. The border line for IN vs OUT of bounds is the in-bounds edge of the base line. That seems to be logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom