Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Yeah I had a list of 7 title contenders a little under 2 weeks ago and someone said it's a good list, just missing Kentucky. I said, maybe, but they don't play any D. Giving up over 100 at home today to Tennessee who isn't even a top 25 offense (pre-game), yikes.

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are going to get ugly with Calipari soon. They're beyond sick of his whole act. His rotations stink, he doesn't even think about coaching defense and all he talks about is all his NBA stars. They're going to make it as uncomfortable for him as possible hoping he'll just walk away. He won't walk away from his absurd lifetime contract so eventually they're just going to have to eat that thing and move on from him.
You hate to see it

Reaction Score
Remember when Rupp used to be a tough venue for road teams to play? Same with Cameron. Those venues aren't very intimidating anymore.

caw

Reaction Score
Dillingham for Kentucky is a stud though.
Offensively he is amazing. I’m not sure any of them would play for UConn if they didn’t majorly improve their defense. Sheppard has nice defensive counting stats for a guard but he gets as lost ball watching as the rest. I’m not sure Calipari taught this team anything. In the past he at least taught defense and rolled the ball out on offense. It looks like he just rolled the ball out this year.

Reaction Score
Offensively he is amazing. I’m not sure any of them would play for UConn if they didn’t majorly improve their defense. Sheppard has nice defensive counting stats for a guard but he gets as lost ball watching as the rest. I’m not sure Calipari taught this team anything. In the past he at least taught defense and rolled the ball out on offense. It looks like he just rolled the ball out this year.
Earlier today someone on the board was trying to say Sheppard is one of the best defensive players in the entire country. Lolz

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are going to get ugly with Calipari soon. They're beyond sick of his whole act. His rotations stink, he doesn't even think about coaching defense and all he talks about is all his NBA stars. They're going to make it as uncomfortable for him as possible hoping he'll just walk away. He won't walk away from his absurd lifetime contract so eventually they're just going to have to eat that thing and move on from him.
I think it’s hilarious that they are just coming to the realization now that he can’t coach. He’s been there what, going on 10-12 years??? Hello???

Why is this a new flash?? He’s not doing a damn thing differently.

Reaction Score
Re: Kentucky fans thoughts on Calipari (Ringer NBA draft writer/One shining pod contributor who is a Kentucky fan).

Reaction Score
More tears

Honestly I think I’m gonna drop this soon. It feels lowly to mock such downtrodden losers. Like mocking a developmentally delayed kid for bombing a spelling bee.

Reaction Score
I really want someone to put a loss on Marquette so we can get the Big East lead to 3 games and lock up the regular season title and #1 seed in the Big East Tournament.
I would like them to win until we give them a loss on February 17th in Hartford. Should be the college basketball game of the year so far.

Reaction Score
Aww hell

Reaction Score
Man what shambles Finger Lakes State is in

Reaction Score
Kansas looks like the best team in the country some nights. Between the game against us and Houston, they are dangerous. The problem is that they don't show their A game too often,

caw

Reaction Score
The top 25 is so turbulent. This week (bolded teams undefeated this week, italics teams potentially can be undefeated this week):

#1 UConn 2-0 against SJU and PC
#2 Purdue 1-0 against Northwestern, game to play against Wiscy
#3 - UNC 1-1, loss at GTech, win against Duke
#4 - Houston 1-1, win at Texas, loss at Kansas
#5 - Tennessee - 1-1, loss against SoCar, win at UK
#6 - Wisconsin - 0-1, loss to Nebraska, game to play against Purdue
#7 - Duke 1-1, win at VaTech, loss at UNC
#8 - KU 2-0 against Houston and OSU
#9 - MU 2-0 against Nova and Gtown

#10 - UK 0-2, loss against UF and Tennessee
#11 - Arizona 1-0, win against Cal, game to play against Stanford
#12 - ISU 0-1, loss to Baylor
#13 - Creighton 0-1, loss to Butler
#14 - Illinois 1-0, win against Ohio St, game to play against Nebraska
#15 - Texas Tech 0-2, loss to TCU, loss to Cincy
#16 - Auburn 2-0, win against Vanderbilt and Ole Miss
#17 - Utah St 1-1, win against San Jose State, loss to SDSU
#18 - Baylor 2-0, win against UCF and ISU
#19 - New Mexico 0-1, loss to Boise St.
#20 - FAU 1-0, win against Tulsa
#21 - Dayton 2-0, win against GW and St Bonnie
#22 - BYU 1-0, win against WVU

#23 - Oklahoma 1-1, win against KSU, loss to UCF
#24 - Alabama 2-0, win against Georgia and Miss St.
#25 - TCU 1-1, win against Texas Tech, loss to Texas

Reaction Score
I was looking at box scores this morning and just remembered that Gavin Griffiths exists. He's really struggling at Rutgers. That has to be frustrating for that fanbase given he's their highest ranked recruit in eons.

Kid seemed like the perfect fit our offense/program. He went to Rutgers supposedly because of his father's relationship with Pikiell, right?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Kansas looks like the best team in the country some nights. Between the game against us and Houston, they are dangerous. The problem is that they don't show their A game too often,
That only happens when they play at home. They are not so tough away from the Phog.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The top 25 is so turbulent. This week (bolded teams undefeated this week, italics teams potentially can be undefeated this week):

#1 UConn 2-0 against SJU and PC
#2 Purdue 1-0 against Northwestern, game to play against Wiscy
#3 - UNC 1-1, loss at GTech, win against Duke
#4 - Houston 1-1, win at Texas, loss at Kansas
#5 - Tennessee - 1-1, loss against SoCar, win at UK
#6 - Wisconsin - 0-1, loss to Nebraska, game to play against Purdue
#7 - Duke 1-1, win at VaTech, loss at UNC
#8 - KU 2-0 against Houston and OSU
#9 - MU 2-0 against Nova and Gtown

#10 - UK 0-2, loss against UF and Tennessee
#11 - Arizona 1-0, win against Cal, game to play against Stanford
#12 - ISU 0-1, loss to Baylor
#13 - Creighton 0-1, loss to Butler
#14 - Illinois 1-0, win against Ohio St, game to play against Nebraska
#15 - Texas Tech 0-2, loss to TCU, loss to Cincy
#16 - Auburn 2-0, win against Vanderbilt and Ole Miss
#17 - Utah St 1-1, win against San Jose State, loss to SDSU
#18 - Baylor 2-0, win against UCF and ISU
#19 - New Mexico 0-1, loss to Boise St.
#20 - FAU 1-0, win against Tulsa
#21 - Dayton 2-0, win against GW and St Bonnie
#22 - BYU 1-0, win against WVU

#23 - Oklahoma 1-1, win against KSU, loss to UCF
#24 - Alabama 2-0, win against Georgia and Miss St.
#25 - TCU 1-1, win against Texas Tech, loss to Texas

#3-7 all go 1-1 for the week.
#10, 12, 13 go 0-1.

Eight out of top thirteen are .500 or worse for the week.

Reaction Score
I think it’s hilarious that they are just coming to the realization now that he can’t coach. He’s been there what, going on 10-12 years??? Hello???

Why is this a new flash?? He’s not doing a damn thing differently.
Well his first 6 years were Elite 8, Final Four, National champs, no tournament, Title game, Final Four. So it’s not exactly a shock their fans would a) think he’s good, or b) not care he’s bad.

Obviously the thing that’s different is he’s not getting those results lately.

Reaction Score
Well his first 6 years were Elite 8, Final Four, National champs, no tournament, Title game, Final Four. So it’s not exactly a shock their fans would a) think he’s good, or b) not care he’s bad.

Obviously the thing that’s different is he’s not getting those results lately.
I’m curious if that roster construction method is just not as good in the portal era. He was able to just overwhelm with recruited talent when everyone else was largely reliant on recruiting and developing their own guys. Now all the top teams are going to have been supplemented by experienced portal guys to fill any of the holes. So you have wildly talented teams with much more age and experience than Big Blue Basketball Babysitting.

Reaction Score
I was looking at box scores this morning and just remembered that Gavin Griffiths exists. He's really struggling at Rutgers. That has to be frustrating for that fanbase given he's their highest ranked recruit in eons.

Kid seemed like the perfect fit our offense/program. He went to Rutgers supposedly because of his father's relationship with Pikiell, right?
I’m rooting for Pikiell and Griffiths to succeed, but man does Rutgers need to do something about their offense. Of course, Griffiths shooting 27% from 3 isn’t helping. You just can’t go very far with such a defense-heavy team every year.

IMG_4345.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89