Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The fruit from Canada losing 94-61 to Wake with 4 minutes left. Lolz
So do Cuse fans still believe they're on the bubble or are they now first four out?

Reaction Score
I haven’t watched Tennessee much but how do they have 5 losses? Team looks like a bunch of grown men. Kentucky trying to hang in but Tennessee is impressive. Definitely not a potential #2 I want to see in our bracket.
They were in Maui and hit a brutal schedule stretch where they played Purdue and Kansas on neutral courts and then at North Carolina in a 3-game stretch. Lost all 3 by single digits looking pretty good. And then they picked up a couple close losses in SEC play (one to our old NMSU friend Chris Jans at Miss St).

Reaction Score
Last four in what? They’re a long winning streak away from being a long winning streak away from being on the bubble.

I think he was being sarcastic. Cuse fans had been optimistic about getting onto the bubble up until this week.

Reaction Score
Too bad we couldn’t have one of our super bowl, early season msg games with cuse this year. I don’t think there could be a worse matchup for them. 80-40 would be a good result for them.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Man, Kentucky plays zero defense.
Kentucky doesn’t seem to know what they are doing. Tons of talent but that’s about it. I think we are way more physical and bigger than Kentucky and would hammer them. Tennessee would worry me a bit.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is good... But in no world should they have almost 80 points before the under 8 timeout. It's more of an indictment on Kentucky.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Tennessee is good... But in no world should they have almost 80 points before the under 8 timeout. It's more of an indictment on Kentucky.
Tennessee is disciplined. Kentucky on the other hand, not so much.

Reaction Score
I think he was being sarcastic. Cuse fans had been optimistic about getting onto the bubble up until this week.
Lol yes it was sarcasm. Who would have guessed it. A school in southern Canada is having trouble recruiting/playing In a conference that is based in the Deep South. Their closest rival is lol hahahahahha BC. Who hasn’t been relevant since the 90s.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Crazy ending to Baylor/Iowa State game. Potential game winning 3 was on the ISU shooter's finger tips when the light on the game clock lit up. Baylor holds on at home.

I would be OK with ISU being in a different region from UConn in March.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Wow, Iowa State at Baylor was crazy, and the refs almost handed it to Iowa State on a silver platter. It was tied at 68 with about 15 seconds left. Baylor drives the paint, gets fouled and hits the layup with 2 seconds left. He misses the FT, Iowa State rebounds and chucks a 3/4 court shot which misses.

BUT WAIT. Refs think the clock started too early, call their own timeout (that took about 5 minutes in real time -- Iowa State was out of timeouts at this point). They get 1.5 seconds and inbound from the sideline. And they end up hitting a three... that was a tenth of a second too late.

Had Baylor lost, they would have had legitimate beef about how the last two seconds were reffed.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Louisville is about to beat FSU. The ACC is awful.
sounds like kenny payne is getting that program turned around. they should give him a lifetime extension imo.
Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are going to get ugly with Calipari soon. They're beyond sick of his whole act. His rotations stink, he doesn't even think about coaching defense and all he talks about is all his NBA stars. They're going to make it as uncomfortable for him as possible hoping he'll just walk away. He won't walk away from his absurd lifetime contract so eventually they're just going to have to eat that thing and move on from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom