Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31

Reaction Score
Mich upsets rival 17 OhioSt. 69-60

10 Baylor leading 5 Texas by 6 at half, longhorns surely still reeling from Harmons injury.

4 Iowa up BiG on Minn

Reaction Score
Michigan is an odd team. Beat Illinois by 30 but lost to Toledo by 20 and almost 20 to Florida.
Illinois really isn't all that great though, they are 6-5 with some not so great losses. Hell they lost to Missouri and their last game took a late run to beat UTEP

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Iowa up 25+ late in the 4th. Clark still on the floor and just got her double double (35/10). Hopefully she will go to the bench before getting another TO, adding to the 9 she has.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa up 25+ late in the 4th. Clark still on the floor and just got her double double (35/10). Hopefully she will go to the bench before getting another TO, adding to the 9 she has.
Clark was subbed out at the 4th quarter media timeout, with more than 4 minutes remaining. Not sure I would call that “late” in the 4th.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If a tree falls in LA does anybody hear it. No TV for UCLA vs SoCal Oops! There’s the PACN! Still though . . .

Hope they can get some celebs to
Stir up some attendance
Just read that the game has been declared a sell out. So...I guess some people will actually be there watching it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado pulled away late to beat Utah. Sherrod scored 34, I'm thinking that's a career high for her. Pili w/ 27 for the Utes.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Clark was subbed out at the 4th quarter media timeout, with more than 4 minutes remaining. Not sure I would call that “late” in the 4th.
Yup and I apologize for the misinformation. I was basing my information on the ESPN Gamecast "play by play". They displayed Clark as being on the court even though she had already been taken out. I became aware when players not designated as on the court started showing up on the play by play. But she was soooooo close to a triple double. :)

Reaction Score
Iowa was just on another level for Minnesota today. Proud of Minnesota in this loss. They managed to force Iowa into 18-19 turnovers. Mara is automatic at the line. Amaya showed up and played well. Something to build on.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that @HuskyNan Elon squad was the 2nd worst WBB team in the entire state of NC (Division I). Yet, they ventured 30 minutes over to High Point, threw out the record book, and took down my Panthers 74-66

giphy.gif

After picking back up the record book, Elon takes the all-time series lead over their CSA rival 40-39.

Reaction Score
Mich upsets rival 17 OhioSt. 69-60

10 Baylor leading 5 Texas by 6 at half, longhorns surely still reeling from Harmons injury.

4 Iowa up BiG on Minn
Minnesota/Iowa was billed as a real battle as Minny had been only giving up 54 pts/game. Iowa hit 55 with 8:33 left in the 3rd qtr; were up over 30 before coasting in. Clark has been getting sloppy in trying to get teammates involved...I will say a number of her TO's would have been assists if the passes had been thrown to Czinano. I think she's okay with the TO's if it helps our posts learn how to convert.

Reaction Score
I never really get the buzz around Ohio State we hear every year.
They are good but I don’t think their D is as suffocating as last year and Mikesell is a huge loss offensively. They are probably a 2nd round/Sweet 16 team, could throw a wrench into whoever’s region they are in if they are clicking.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Purdue over Wisconsin 89-50. Anybody call that absolute beatdown? I think the Big 10 is gonna be wacky this season.

Reaction Score
Minnesota/Iowa was billed as a real battle as Minny had been only giving up 54 pts/game. Iowa hit 55 with 8:33 left in the 3rd qtr; were up over 30 before coasting in. Clark has been getting sloppy in trying to get teammates involved...I will say a number of her TO's would have been assists if the passes had been thrown to Czinano. I think she's okay with the TO's if it helps our posts learn how to convert.

With Michigan State and Ohio State coming up, limiting those turnovers will be important. Both teams like to press and have been making the most of scoring on the turnovers they generate.

Reaction Score
UCLA beats UCLA 70-63 at UCLA. Not a pretty game but interesting to watch. They really got after each other, and I think that's what made it seem so ragged at times. USC did a terrific job limiting Betts most of the night. The Bruin guards, Jones and Rice, were very good as was JuJu Watkins. Mackenzie Forbes, the Harvard transfer, also did some nice work for the Trojans.

First time in 40 years they've played each other while both are ranked in the Top 10.

Reaction Score
Watkins left the game with a leg injury at ending of UCLA/USC……
It was a cramp. She was reaching down and pulling her toes up after she went down. She returned to the huddle during the final timeout with 5 seconds left and was mad they didn't put her back in the game. She played really hard, as did everyone else on the two teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was certainly competitive and high energy. USC almost never looked like they were running a coherent offense. It was almost all individual playmaking off the dribble, with a mixture of good and bad decisions. It’s rare when a Cori Close team looks more organized than the opponent.

UCLA got a great game from Jones, whose hot shooting was the X factor in this one; otherwise the stars had a hard time hitting shots.

Both teams host the Oregon schools next weekend and then they have the rematch at the Galen Center in two weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom