week 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

week 5

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan I'm gonna need a ruling. Charlotte @ Wake Forest, can we throw out the record book?

I see your team is kicking off conference play tonight.
Duke just allowed three offensive rebounds, resulting ultimately in a THREE on that final possession of the half for Clemson. I imagine our friend is popping open a Cheerwine.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Duke just allowed three offensive rebounds, resulting ultimately in a THREE on that final possession of the half for Clemson. I imagine our friend is popping open a Cheerwine.
Yeah there's been a lot of talk recently, but not really that many wins to back it up. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was flipping thru some games, caught a minute of Portland at Stephen F. Austin. I think I counted about 15 fans in attendance. I've seen some pretty weakly attended games before, but SFA you got some 'splaining to do. That is beyond horrendous.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan I'm gonna need a ruling. Charlotte @ Wake Forest, can we throw out the record book?
Well to quote myself, I'm sure Wake would like to throw their record out at this point. A double digit loss dropped them to 2-7, w/ conference play looming ahead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Coach should make the team walk back to Durham.

giphy.gif

I called it three weeks ago.

I was on the ledge Thursday night... now... I'm almost ready to remove this darn paper bag. Thought to myself the other night, that with such a young team, there will be nights where we lose head scratching games, and other nights we will beat ranked squads.

We might be playing in that 10 vs 15 opening round game at the ACC Tournament after all :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yikes, Duke :eek:

To review, Clemson lost by 69 to SC, lost by 10 to AAC juggernaut Tulsa, and lost by 30 to Auburn.

I'm having a hard time gauging Duke this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I see your team is kicking off conference play tonight.

No, not really. Davidson vs Charlotte is one though (Same county). Maybe during the Holiday break, or Off-season, I can compile a list those games :p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is Gonzaga having a classic let down after their big win against Stanford? It's early (yeah, I know, I keep doing that), but trailing Cal.

Reaction Score
Love the beginning of the season. it's lots of fun, especially the holiday tourneys, but I'm definitely looking forward to conference play. It's week 5 and UCLA is playing CSU Northridge. Texas played Long Beach State yesterday. Its definitely hard to assess teams right now but it's probably a necessary evil and a good opportunity for a lot of local non power 5 schools. Also UCLA does have a pretty strong out of conference schedule. Anyways Lauren Betts is shooting 81 percent from the field this season. Crazy.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Is Gonzaga having a classic let down after their big win against Stanford? It's early (yeah, I know, I keep doing that), but trailing Cal.
I'm watching. I guess this will be the last year of WCBB on the Pac 12 Network. It has been nice the last few years to know when I get home from bowling on Friday nights, there was at least one Pac 12 game to look forward to. This season, I'm going to take it all in before this conference disbands.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yikes, Duke :eek:

To review, Clemson lost by 69 to SC, lost by 10 to AAC juggernaut Tulsa, and lost by 30 to Auburn.

I'm having a hard time gauging Duke this season.

You aint the only one. I was thinking earlier this week, that besides Wake and Pitt, every conference game is potentially losable. That we would probably lose to some team like Ga Tech and beat ND and State. Having said that, after last week I felt ok going into this game. Clemson shot 61% from 3.... that's a huge problem, especially with FGCU coming to Durham in a few days.

I ordered a new fitbit that is supposed to arrive this afternoon. It has a cEDA sensor that supposedly track signs of stress throughout the day. Probably will be a good idea for me to remove the watch whenever I watch a Duke game this season :oops: Lawd hamercy. My hair might be all gray by the first week in March.

Reaction Score
Duke has some excellent but very young players, and having to depend on KB in the middle is not helping. KB has regressed from her days at OSU. KB doesn't even look at the basket when she receives the ball in the post. Lawson needs to recruit some BIGS that will turn and face the basket with the ball in their hands. Even if they only pretend to be a threat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Huge game tonight in Mecklenburg County. High Point travels a hour down the road to face off against giant killers Davidson. In real life, a Panther would curb stomp a wildcat. Lets hope High Point enacts some revenge on Davidson for what the Wildcats did to Duke. :mad:

Lemme make dinner so i can enjoy this game on a full tummy.

Reaction Score
Did anyone have Michigan vs Toledo on their watch list? Toledo up by 12 with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

Toledo beat them in Ann Arbor last season. May be worth checking out CBS Sports Network if you have it
That is the 2nd time. Michigan just had zero answer for Toledo, especially in that 2nd quarter. Toledo just could not miss a shot and Michigan couldn't make a shot or they gave the ball away.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huge game tonight in Mecklenburg County. High Point travels a hour down the road to face off against giant killers Davidson. In real life, a Panther would curb stomp a wildcat. Lets hope High Point enacts some revenge on Davidson for what the Wildcats did to Duke. :mad:

Lemme make dinner so i can enjoy this game on a full tummy.
Uh...nope.

To make it even worse, Carolina's win over Davidson might really count as a quality win this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Guess I was wrong about Wildcats.... apparently they can hold their own vs a Panther. Davidson dog walks High Point 77-40....and Davidson's best player (Sutphin) is out with an injury

Miami (ACC) remains undefeated with a 75-70 victory over the fake a** blue spirits from Depaul.

Grand Canyon defeats cross Metro rival Arizona State, 66-59

Reaction Score
Guess I was wrong about Wildcats.... apparently they can hold their own vs a Panther. Davidson dog walks High Point 77-40....and Davidson's best player (Sutphin) is out with an injury

Miami (ACC) remains undefeated with a 75-70 victory over the fake a** blue spirits from Depaul.

Grand Canyon defeats cross Metro rival Arizona State, 66-59

Surprised the Miami-DePaul game was that close. Miami got outworked on the defensive glass which wasn't expected considering who they have as post/forwards on their roster. Kudos to Coach Bruno with his use of the zone to frustrate Miami as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought MAYBE Chicago St. had a chance today against 1-6 Valpo. Nope. Lost by 19. Fell to 0-14.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska is melting down, had a 17 point lead at Michigan St. that has been cut to 4. MSU is getting steals and layups almost every possession. 11.5 sec left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska held on. You'll always take a road win in conference. I don't know how good Sparty is, but they were 7-1 coming into the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good win for UNLV at Oklahoma. Close in the first half but UNLV pulled away in the second half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist barely beat a bad Pepperdine team on the road to stay undefeated thus far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
St. Joe's beat Villanova. Nova was up 10 at some point in Q3, pretty much all St. Joe's after that. Olsen scored 32, but she was fairly quiet in Q4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom