Week 3 Rankings | The Boneyard

Week 3 Rankings

Reaction Score
Should be quite a bit of movement in the poll today. A lot of teams in front of us lost, but a few new teams may jump us.

The college basketball subreddit has us at #19 (+1) this week.

Prediction: #21 in AP Poll

Projected newcomers: Seton Hall, Xavier, Arizona, BYU. Marquette/VTech probably 26th

Projected dropped: Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland, North Carolina, maybe Oregon.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I'm going with 22. We should move ahead of Maryland, Ohio State, UNC from last week's poll, but I suspect a few unranked teams who had big wins will sneak ahead of us

Reaction Score
Michigan will still be in the top 25.

I predict we land at #20.

Hard to see Marquette that high after last night.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we move up or down. Binghamton win wasn’t that impressive and a good amount of unranked teams picked up some big wins. Wouldn’t be surprised if we are behind 3 Big East teams today.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we move up or down. Binghamton win wasn’t that impressive and a good amount of unranked teams picked up some big wins. Wouldn’t be surprised if we are behind 3 Big East teams today.
Nah I doubt it, we'll move up. And those big east teams will JUST crack the top 25. We'll be in the 17-19 range

Reaction Score
It is 22.

Seton Hall in at 21. X in at 25.

Auburn up to 19, Bonnies to 16.

I'll take it. Hall aint better than us though. We'll prove it in Atlantis. Great for the conference. 4 ranked teams

Reaction Score
Michigan should not be ranked. The AP poll is dictated by a bunch of local beat writers in October who haven’t seen a single game yet. If Michigan started at #24 like UConn, they wouldn’t be receiving votes this week. But… becuase they started at #4, they’re essentially given an immunity with their first few losses.

The system needs to change and rankings need to start on either December 1 or January 1.

This is exactly what happened to the Big Ten last year, yet everyone was so surprised when they only had one team make it past the first weekend. They were overhyped by local beat writers before the season started, and it carried the conference perception through the entire season. Northwestern was beating Iowa, Minnesota was beating Illinois, and Penn State over Wisconsin. Instead of the “everyone is outstanding” reaction, it should have been received as “this is just a balanced conference.”

Rankings matter, and I’m sick of seeing them filled with overhyped Big Ten teams each year. They help with recruiting, schedule strength, and national perception.

No disrespect to the Big Ten, but they’re no different than any other power conference. In fact, it should be the opposite, considering they haven’t won a national title in the 21st century.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Surprised Xavier is in over Marquette (and that Marquette is at #32). I understand they lost yesterday, but they also had 3 impressive wins before that and it was their 4th game in 7 days. 3 power conference wins in 1 week, including a top 10 win deserves a top 25 rank IMO.

4 ranked teams is good for the Big East, though.

Reaction Score
Michigan should not be ranked. The AP poll is dictated by a bunch of local beat writers in October who haven’t seen a single game yet. If Michigan started at #24 like UConn, they wouldn’t be receiving votes this week. But… becuase they started at #4, they’re essentially given an immunity with their first few losses.

The system needs to change and rankings need to start on either December 1 or January 1.

This is exactly what happened to the Big Ten last year, yet everyone was so surprised when they only had one team make it past the first weekend. They were overhyped by local beat writers before the season started, and it carried the conference perception through the entire season. Northwestern was beating Iowa, Minnesota was beating Illinois, and Penn State over Wisconsin. Instead of the “everyone is outstanding” reaction, it should have been received as “this is just a balanced conference.”

Rankings matter, and I’m sick of seeing them filled with overhyped Big Ten teams each year. They help with recruiting, schedule strength, and national perception.

No disrespect to the Big Ten, but they’re no different than any other power conference. In fact, it should be the opposite, considering they haven’t won a national title in the 21st century.
I like the 4 paragraph rant followed by "No disrespect to the Big Ten." Say it loud and proud!

Reaction Score
It is 22.

Seton Hall in at 21. X in at 25.

Auburn up to 19, Bonnies to 16.

Solid OOC for the top of the NBE so far. Love to see it. We should have a chance at what, 10-11 ranked games this season if they leep it up? That's solid.

Reaction Score
Surprised Xavier is in over Marquette (and that Marquette is at #32). I understand they lost yesterday, but they also had 3 impressive wins before that and it was their 4th game in 7 days. 3 power conference wins in 1 week, including a top 10 win deserves a top 25 rank IMO.

Losing has always been worse than winning is good for AP poll voters.

Reaction Score

3 impressive wins is a stretch, Ole Miss is not good, and its hard when your last impression is a blow out loss to a back end top 25 team to say you should be in the top 25.

Reaction Score
So the ACC has 1 team in the Top 25, the team which is written in ink.
And on the football side, only 3, in the 20-24 range, none of which you would expect.
That conference is poison I tell ya.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Losing has always been worse than winning is good for AP poll voters.
Tennessee got beat badly by nova and moved UP 2 spots in the poll this week…

Reaction Score
Have opportunities on the horizon against currently ranked teams to move up in standings prior to start of BE schedule. Just have to execute on those opportunities with some W's.. Rankings will follow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom