Week 18 Other Games | The Boneyard

Week 18 Other Games

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Baylor was up on Okla St. 67-50 late in 2nd half. Okla St drained several threes for a 15-2 run to get to 69-65 with half a minute left. Baylor held, making its FTs to win by six 74-68.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Iowa St. lost @home to WVU, 69-71. Not that big a deal as WVU is a Q1 loss, so doubtful Iowa St. drops below 30 NET on this game alone, but they're fading at the wrong time. Their final game is @Baylor on Saturday, so might have 3 straight losses and six of last seven.

Reaction Score
Tournaments starting this week.

The A-Sun tournament is actually very good. Liberty is the clear favorite, but Kennesaw State is a great story (23-8 after a 1-28 season three years ago), Stetson is an elite offense, EKU plays at an electric pace, Lipscomb is always solid and Queens has impressed in their first season in D1.

Analytically, KenPom ranks ASUN between the MAC and the SoCon in efficiency.

Reaction Score
Good to see Indiana get bludgeoned at home by a mediocre Iowa team - should finally knock them below us in the committee’s eyes as they always should have been. Let’s root for a Tennessee loss now

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Neptune had to work hard to get a team this talented to only one game above .500 on 2/28.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I always thought if I was an event coordinator I’d never schedule performance animals for this reason. Who’s the sorry guy that has to clean that up now? Not worth the potential headache imo.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's point guard Zakai Zeigler was carted off last night with a non-contact knee injury.

Terrible news for Zeigler and the Vols. He's not only their starting PG, but he, like Posh Alexander of St. John's, is the identity of the team's defense and is one of the top-ten finalists for National Defensive Player of the Year.

Like Mag at Rutgers, Zeigler's injury should greatly affect Tennessee's elite defense.

Hate to see it, especially for a guy like Zeigler who just exudes passion on the court.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tennessee's point guard Zakai Zeigler was carted off last night with a non-contact knee injury.

Terrible news for Zeigler and the Vols. He's not only their starting PG, but he, like Posh Alexander of St. John's, is the identity of the team's defense and is one of the top-ten finalists for National Defensive Player of the Year.

Like Mag at Rutgers, Zeigler's injury should greatly affect Tennessee's elite defense.

Hate to see it, especially for a guy like Zeigler who just exudes passion on the court.

I don't like Tennessee, not for really any particular reason. Maybe its the orange. Maybe its the 2000 tournament. Maybe it was those Pat Summit teams ( but I dont really care about that) .... But I hate to see this happen to kids, any kids, before they have a chance to play in games that they came to college and worked so hard all year to play in. Thats a terrible blow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
IU getting obliterated at home by #43 NET Iowa helps us. Gotta take care of business tomorrow night
Indiana and Iowa have almost identical records. The difference between them isn't all that great. Still a a bad loss at home.

Kansas barely won vs Texas Tech at home. I only saw some of it, but as we've seen with teams all year, nobody is safe. Some nights you don't have it and a lesser team does.

San Diego State lost to Boise. Not a huge upset, but will knock them out of the Top 25 most likely.

caw

Reaction Score
So Caleb Grill dismissed from ISU for some reason. Must be pretty bad considering. Not sure how I missed he had been in the doghouse for the past four games.

caw

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to be ranked 20-25 tonight:

#20 PC down at home to X
#21 Maryland down to @OSU
#23 UK down to Vandy at home
#25 Pitt down to @ND

#22 TCU versus Texas ongoing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors